Foods Co. Employee Reviews

Fun and Friendly Work place
Utility Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 6, 2019
Foods Co was my first job. I absolutely love working there. Everyone is nice and welcoming. I started out as a Utility clerk. Pushing carts, Answering and doing the calls over the speaker. And phones. I personally didnt like it for myself because It was a lot of work pushing carts all the time. Foods Co is really laid back besides for the weekends. weekends are super busy! I would 10/10 recommend working at foods Co.
Pros
30 Minute Lunches, Breaks every 3 hours, Laid back, Super friendly Coworkers/Managers
Cons
Can be fast paced at times
Muy bueno
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grocery Place, FLJanuary 7, 2019
Mibaluacion es 50 es buena porqué cuando Boy a comprar me parece todo biqen
Pros
Que tenga beneficios
Cons
Que tenga descanso para tomar cafe
Dont do it
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 31, 2018
I worked there for about 6 months and finally I just walked out. They should really hae someone from management come without calling they do not folled the law
Great place to learn to start your work experience
Customer First Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 21, 2018
This was a great job for me to learn basic workplace skills. They are flexible with minors or people who do go to school outside of work. The workers are great and welcoming when you first are hired.
Pros
Flexible hours and people are great to work with
Cons
Short Breaks and if you are move up in the company sometimes you dont get a pay raise
Did not offer room for advancement. A lot of empty promises
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAMay 22, 2018
They always said there is room for advancement but it simply wasn't true. At least at my location. The people were great and even the in-store managers were awesome. The little money is not worth the headache. Plus it was kind of dangerous. You never know what was going to happen.
Poor leadership, very weak minded
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAMarch 2, 2018
Management was always looking out for themselves and taking credit where it was not due. Favored the slacking kiss ups that had horrible work ethics..
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Favoritism. Management marched to the beat of their own drum
Not good place
Customer First Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Paid weekly good benefits but management and other some employees lack respect. If you haven't been there as long as they have then you have no voice .
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Productive and quick pace environment
General Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 5, 2018
I was graveyard shift and I did the stocking on household items , hygiene products , baby products , candies and more. I set up flower stands and seasonal Candy stands. I went through all the breads, and liquor.
Pros
Snacks
Cons
Not enough
Fun work place
Stocking (Former Employee) –  Soledad, CANovember 2, 2017
The meat department was the easiest job there,but I never liked grabbing meat or fish ECT until I started working there. Go backs is a bit more hectic
Pros
Everything you needed was there at the store
Cons
Breaks were short
Poor work environment
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 8, 2017
I hate working here they break the laws and poor management. They are not flexible with your hours even though they promote it. This job sucks . Do not work here you don't get and benefits only if your full time and there is only 3 people that are . They don't care if they break they law
It is okay
Utility Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 7, 2017
It is an okay place to work at while going through college. Management is 50/50. Discounts are good though. Task as U.C. (Utility Clerk) is tedious and pushing carts can take a lot of energy.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Tedious Tasks
great atmosphere and friendly employees
Assistant Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Soledad, CANovember 30, 2016
the company is great there's alot of potential growth if you have goals to acomplish and reach for opportunity for promotions and management.....
Pros
free lunches, bonus, birthday celebrations etc.....
Cons
time off, calling in sick...
Great co workers, awful management.
utility worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 3, 2015
Good place to work if you don't plan on staying long. To much unwanted stress and management only tells you what you want to hear to get you to work hard. Almost no advancement unless you know people in the right places. You can get away with anything if you kiss butt.
Pros
Great benefits, awesome co workers
Cons
Poor management
not worth it.
clerk (Current Employee) –  bakersfieldMay 29, 2015
Allot of bad management. Not worth it, go back to school. They treat u like dirt and no one cares. Nothing but Highschool drama. If you do work there keep to your self or be sucked in
Utility Clerk
Utility Clerk / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 1, 2014
So when I started as a Utility Clerk I was cleaning, doing go backs and pushing carts. Mind you there's no machine to push your carts so you're on your own. They finally put me in Checker class but they do NOT want to pay you more than they should. They gave me a week of cashier then I was pushing carts the next week. There's no permanant hours. You can get 40 one week then 12 the next. It's good for starters but not pushing carts for a girl. It's hard to move up in the company unless you kiss up to them.
Pros
Learning new stuff while working there
Cons
Short breaks and little hours.
steady/ up and coming workplace
Courtesy Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 3, 2014
the time management was misconstrued because we were always short on staff during rush hour and more help than needed when it was slow but above all my coworkers helped create a safe and non volatile work environment.
Pros
friendly cowrkers
Cons
short lunches, bad scheduling
Productive and professional workplace
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 26, 2013
A typical day at work; we, the employees arrive get into uniform, keep everything in place hygienically. Help customer on first come first serve basis(by numbers). Clean the backspace of meat counter. Fill in products continuously as needed, cut meat according to how customer orders meanwhile keeping a great employee to customer relationship that makes them want to come back just for you and the great quality product you presented the customer with.
Pros
Great working employee team, everyone got along, employees knew their part, employees knew how to work together to help eachother out
Cons
Sometimes very few employees got personal lives with management involved, that would affect some hours of other employees