Foot Locker Employee Reviews

Found 4,776 reviews matching the search See all 5,847 reviews
changes
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMarch 25, 2019
it has changed not for the good either it is more like a sweatshop then it is like one big happy family! You are only a number there they will replace you in a heartbeat
A very fun relaxed job with music and smiles
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMarch 25, 2019
Working with footlocker has helped me a lot because I love shoes and clothes . Footlocker has let me explore options and express my taste in shoes it’s a very fun place to work at , a lot of fun but also hard work . Making sure customers go home satisfied with their shoes is what makes us happy .
Pros
Discount on shoes
Cons
Certain shoes can use discount
Fun job
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Gratiot Township, MIMarch 23, 2019
It was fun to manage a Foot Locker. The employees and customers made it worthwhile to go to work every day. You created bonds with customers over footwear and apparel.
Productive and fun place to meet new people and privide the best customer service.
Assistant Manager/Coach (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 22, 2019
This workplace was definitely a great experience. It was easy but also competitive and I loved it. I will definitely recommend this job to any person who is having trouble finding a job to work around school schedule and more.
Don’t care about their employees
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  CTMarch 22, 2019
One thing you will get fooled by with this company is “commission”. Footlocker does not care about their employees. It’s money first, customers second, you last. I was a Sales Lead which is a leadership role apart of management and I only got paid $0.75 more than a part-time sales associate who gets paid minimum wage. This is not to say that your work is explicitly about the money, but for the amount of time, effort, and stress you undergo, the pay is far from worth it. The argument is that you make up for it in commission, but they fail to inform their employees that their commission only appears after they book $5000 in that one 7 day period (Sun-Sat), and after that amount, THEN they receive 1% of their sales. However, with the reality of the smaller to midsize stores, partimers see an average of 4-12 hours or 1-3 days which means booking $5000 is a lot harder of a task. Essentially, you rarely or barely see commission. Management gets comfortable in their position and get lazy and condescending. Just not a good work environment in general. Trust me, I’ve worked at several locations over the last 2 years.
Pros
30% Discount
Cons
Entitled Customers, Rude Management, Low Hours
Stressful and Demeaning
eCustomer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMarch 21, 2019
Working here was the most stressed that I have ever been. Leaving work every day was liberating, and going in to work was a chore. A majority of the customers that you would assist will yell at you, spout profanities, and try to get under your skin. Management was not overly poor, however, there is room for improvement.
Footlocker INC
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2019
A typical day at work would be to arrive 30 minutes- an hour ahead of time before the store opens to get all the paperwork for the day started. It was my job to open emails in the morning, print out what was needed, and to open the registers for the day. Once the store was open my part time associates would enter the store and we would begin the day getting to every customer and selling then what they need rather than what they wanted. Most of the time we might not have what the customer wanted so we had to offer them what was available. The goal is to engage with every customer and give them the best experience while they're at the store. We were told by our district manager never store selling until you have done all you can before getting them to the register. It was our job to sign every customer up for a loyalty program membership, if they did not know what this membership was about we had the knowledge to educate them on the benefits it had.

The hardest part of my job was dealing with unhappy customers, but that did not stop me from respecting the customer and still giving them the best experience. The goal was to satisfy and make them feel comfortable enough to want to visit again.

My favorite part of working for the company, has to be the moments where the customers get on a personal level with you and make their time in the store more fun. Having a nice conversation with somebody and getting to know what they really like makes selling them something a lot easier. This definitely brings the customer back for another visit, and when they come back they look for
  more... me and are ready to buy something else.  less
Pros
Free lunch, Employee discounts
Cons
Time Management
Helping picking the right shoe
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 20, 2019
Everyday was a different goal. I would challenging myself on how many piece of clothing i can sell or how many pairs of shoes. I set goals for myself everyday.
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMarch 20, 2019
I absolutely loved working here. This was my first job and I got a long with all my co-workers. The managers were extremely fun to be around and the store had a very fun environment.
Team leader
Footlocker Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 19, 2019
Primary responsibilities for Foot Locker sales associate positions involve operating cash registers, assisting customers with sales, stocking and organizing shelves, and answering questions about company policies, merchandise, and services. Foot Locker sales associates generally work on foot for long periods of time.
reach company sales goals every month, promote merchandise
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 19, 2019
Set up displays, design marketing strategies for storefront, review and stock inventory, market counts, rearrangements of shoe/cloth racks, open and close store gate, drop deposits.
Pros
Discounts, friendly astmosphere
Cons
hours or work, no health or retirement benefits
Worcester Street - Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAMarch 19, 2019
typical day at work is greeting and making connections with customers and selling shoes to those who need
I learned more about retail and how retail works
management is good but sometimes they have scheduling issues but they resolve it
the culture is fun to be apart of, it is competitive but yet there is teamwork at the same time, we all work together to make sales
Fun work place
Asistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2019
I loved working for the company. I enjoyed working with my team. I love the fact that I was able to have 1 weekend a month off. I would love to go back one day.
Active workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYMarch 19, 2019
Always have to be on ur heels never a dull moment working for footlocker . I Always try to treat my customers with the up most respect . Footlocker Also helped me with my personal life .
Pros
Good being around the same shoes I like
Cons
No weekly pay
Great department/Great Staff
Help Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMarch 17, 2019
Please feel free to call me for details....upper management was poor at best. Local department staff was an excellent group of people. For my position the workload and hours requirement was totally unreasonable.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Workload
Very Entertaining Job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 16, 2019
For this job the love of shoes would have to be an amazing and more innovative way for you to get money and maintain how you get paid in life. This is an excellent job and I love everything about it.
very mediocre
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 15, 2019
pay compenstion is terrible. you could work on black friday and still make $500 with a full time schedule for 2 weeks. holiday hours are horrendous. work 3 hour shifts for part time employees
best job ever
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 15, 2019
the best job i ever had, and wish i can work for them again. not only did i gain a footlocker family i developed friendships with customers that made them want to come to the store and continued with great customer service.
Lack of hours
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2019
I left footlocker because a manager gave all my hours for the week away to another cashier because he was liked more. Management was poor and did not coach the employees the right way because i was the only one that ever cleaned and stayed business during down time or even when there was a line i would be the only ringing up
Things could definitely be better
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 14, 2019
Footlocker isn’t what it’s cracked up to be honestly. Depending on where you work mangement sucks, they over hire so there isn’t much hours to give and benefits aren’t that good
Pros
Discount on clothes and shoes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foot Locker. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K
41.9K
31.3K

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight