Foot Locker

Foot Locker Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA72 reviews
The pay is not well even though theres was commission. The amount of energy also that an associate has to put in the stock room is not worth 7.25 when they can be on the sales floor making more money.
Pros
Discount, commission, sneakerhead environment.
Cons
low pay, short staffed, the work you put in the stock room is not worth the pay
amazing work enviroment for young, energetic people. as long as the job is done, management is pretty loose with what goes on in the store. for example, a lot of of playing around, but still In a professional way
Pros
discounts on products
Enjoy working here and interacting with costumer on getting new shoes. Great training when starting to work. Great support from staff and employers when needed.
Have to be Mentally plugged in at all times. No work to life balance. Fast paced company that is forever changinf. Dedication is key. Company has good benefits
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
It's a fun environment where you get to be yourself. You are constantly speaking with customers which means you have to be good with talking to people.
It's fairly slow on weekdays, so weekends are really where you get time to shine. You don't get that many hours at first, maybe 4-6 hours a week before it switches up. The benefits are reasonable, but in order to use your black card aka discount card, you have to pay with your own card or the person you're swiping the discount for has to pay for the shoe or apparel in cash. The ladders in the stock room where all the shoes are aren't as scary as they seem, but you definitely have to be careful when going up them. ALWAYS ask for help. Never feel discouraged to ask someone that can't find a shoe. I'm still struggling when it comes to the Men's section, so I use my mic to an advantage. Footlocker is a team oriented job, you won't struggle unless you sit around and do absolutely nothing.
becoming management your life is literally taken away by the company. working long tiring hours in the store and seeing maybe 2 days off. The only real enjoyable part of it is getting shoes, and having fun coworkers.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
short breaks, long hours, no work and life balance
It's an unforgiving system little room for errors. Three strikes you're out no matter how long in between they were. Makes it stressful but the pay is great.
They just didn't give me any hours to work. When I was pregnant I had problems (fainted and kept feeling sick), the manager told me to come back to work after giving birth and once everything was taken care of but once everything was taken care of, the manager never gave me my job back. Literally, they would sometimes give you once a week or twice a week to work which sucks.
Pros
They give you a card with a certain amount to buy.
Cons
Had to push customer to buy and didn't give much hours.
I had fun doing the actual work. The company mission could be misconstrued from time to time varying upon the location I was at. Like I said, I loved the work. Being social, meeting people and helping people is all I'm about. Different managers had different missions though so it all varies.
Management skills
Engaging with your team and customers

Breaks for lunch

No paid time off

Difficultly with some customers

Workplace culture

Positive environment
Pros
Vacations and early shifts
Cons
No paid time off
Foot Locker teaches you from the second you get there through instructional videos and employee workshops. Very flexible hours and you also make commission on sales, so you are determined to work harder.
great drop but its low pay for long hours was paid 7.25 + commission but didnt make commission unless you sold $3000 worth or inventory. and if you have short shifts thats not possible
Pros
shoe discounts
Cons
low pay, long shifts
Great benefits. Lots of opportunity for sales related experience. Great for some (not for everyone). Great opportunity to learn new skills. Some of the leadership is inspiring. Nice workspaces for some.
This job was my first sales job i learned a lot from it, it showed me how to take care of customers in a fast and professional way and how to manage my time
The first couple weeks of working at footlocker were going well, until I personally did not have time to keep showing up everyday due to examinations and SAT testings.
Although footlocker was a fun place to work during the first year, I came to realize that management definitely needs some work because they were inconsiderate regarding how long the employees stayed at work after closing hours. Also, we very rarely received breaks during our shifts.
sell shoes.
help customers.

footlocker operations .

employee discount.

manager meetings

going to different footlockers

work at any footlocker in the country
My time at footlocker has grown me as a person. I strongly believe that i found something I love to do and that is retail. I love to interact with customers and people in general because of my outgoing personality. They also taught me how to be a better leader.
- Take care of all the customers, keep store spotless and do any stock in the back
- Effective customer service skills

- Management focused on the customer and taking care of anything internal second

- Clean store where we can operate our business, everything was always in working order

- Standing up and walking for many hours does leave some pain in your back as you get older

- Talking to many different types of customers and just having fun being at work, taking care of daily tasks
Pros
30 percent employee discount
Cons
Part time received no benefits
There are many customers that come in the store with many questions about shoes that haven't released yet. So I have a lot of product knowledge in addition to knowing some of the technology in the shoes.
Measuring kids feet is always fun because you should always try and participate in conversation with them to make them feel better or at least to make them smile

Working with the coworkers at this job required a lot of teamwork and also required a lot of trust to make sure they would be able to help you get the right shoes that the customer would want
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Horrible pay