Foot Locker Employee Reviews

Steady workflow
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAJanuary 18, 2018
The movement up the ladder within the stores was good, but if someone in upper management or auditing does not like you or wants to get rid of you, they will find a way to make it happen. Movement from the store level to District Manager and above is very political and dependent on if you FIT the image more than if you are QUALIFIED!!!
Stable retailer with room to grow
OMNI CHANNEL BUYER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2018
Ambitious retailer with continued room to grow. Systems and thought process has not caught up with stated goals. Needs to better invest in the future to compete in new and difference competitive landscape.
it has its ups and downs
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 17, 2018
I've worked for this company for 5 years and the only negative things i can say about Foot Locker is no matter how much of a clean record you have with the company, one mess up will cost you your job. There are many managers that bend the rules and are still currently employed with this company. i just feel bad for the ones that worked there butts off and made one mistake and lose there job.
Loved working
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 17, 2018
i wish i coud of stayed but i moved states so i really dont have anything to say about the story i got along with everyone so my experieance was well.
Pros
being apply to help people
Cons
short breaks
Relaxed place to work by also to much drama
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJanuary 17, 2018
Working at footlocker was an “ok” experience. I loved how everyday I met new people from around the world but the management and employees relationship was not good. I feel the manager would often act unprofessional and steer up drama between other employees.
Pros
Food court
For a time
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJanuary 16, 2018
Retail isn't for everybody
The shoe world is a very competitive industry that has no friends
It can and will teach you how to run a business inside and out
Balancing sales daily to assure goals are met
Managing hrs and and wages to make certain profits are being gained
High pace and high stress environment
Putting smile on faces of all ages can be very rewarding
Pros
Product access
Cons
Poor compensation
Sale sale sale
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  NewarkJanuary 16, 2018
I worked in stock organized shoes from brand and size orders meanwhile I found out where all the shoes at and started to sell on the floor! The sale was easy cause I knew where the shoes where! get the customer first you get a sale you get paid make sure your nice so they always come back to you. And have fun but know when to work!
Pros
Cheap shoes, and first in, and meet new people
Cons
Short breaks
i hated it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 16, 2018
hours were terrible, i was expected to do jobs that were not worth me getting minimum wage. i felt out of place working there because i was not knowledgeable about shoes.
typical day
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2018
I was able to learn how to communicate more with each individual customers and understand what each person want and their personalities. There are some days where it is slow.
House of Hoops
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Contributed with the proper opening and closing of the store.
Achieved service quality goals to help store incentives in sale, prices, and Production.
Cash handling and cash flow of customer maintaining enough staff for peak hours of the day to ensure availability of staff.
Responsible for the daily operations of serving customers, maintaining extra duties throughout shift.
Best store for shoes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 15, 2018
This place is much more uniform than any other retail shoe store I have ever seen. The culture of Foot Locker is breathtaking, involving regulars and new customers every weekend waiting in line for the next big shoe. An extremely competitive field but an amazing environment overall.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Theft
On weekends when busy we had fun greeting peopla from all over the world. Learning new languages helping put smiles on kids @ patents gaces
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 15, 2018
It was a one of a kind job u learned allot bout shoes different peopla. U get the chance to see how it feels to have people appreciate ur work effort @ talent. U meet Ahtletes @ Celebrities. But most of all u work out @ staying in shape is a GREAT-FEELINuG
Pros
Exciting.Energetic. A real work out place. Meeting popular peoplacwas fun.
Cons
Whn its slow keep urself busy to avoid management all on ur back. There are ways to stay busy
Productive and a fair place to work complete with an in warehouse full gym
LOSS PREVENTION OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Junction City, KSJanuary 15, 2018
Footlocker is a fair and productive place to work. There are primarily two shifts when it comes to operations. Security is on site at the Junction City Service Center (JCSC) warehouse 24/7. The work is somewhat tedious, and they want dependable hardworking people that will show up for scheduled work everyday. There are frequent internal job postings and any qualifying associate can apply for a different job internally. Employee discounts are 30% and twice a year, usually in December and July employees get 50%. There are production incentive pay bonuses in place and employees/management of the quarter awards are chosen. An employee can also receive a Quality Service Award (QSA) which can be peer nominated,for a conducting their duties in an extraordinary manner. They have a tuition assistance program in place for anyone wanting to pursue a degree so long as its business related. Lunch is occasionally on the company and every year every associate in the warehouse gets a free Thanksgiving Turkey.
Pros
Discounts, Tuition Assistance, Managers are fair
Cons
Work schedules can sometimes be less than 40 hours a week for some depending on the retail market
Pretty easy job; sell shoes.
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Footlocker for the most part is a pretty good place to work, part-time, if you're looking for a career than you'll have to outsell every other associate week in and out. The only real issue with Footlocker is their commision policy is for the most part not explained properly and is almost seamingly impossible to get your commision everyday you work.
Pros
Discount on shoes
Cons
Commision pay is hard to get.
coworkers were fun to work with, friendly enviroment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Working at Footlocker as someones first job is honestly a(n) great experience in my opinion. On a regular day you clock in, grab your walkie and get on the floor. There were so many different personalities and You ALWAYS have to be updated on all the shoes or else you wouldn't be able to cope with the different styles all the customers had. I looked at everyday working at Footlocker as a "Wave" one minute the store would be almost empty and the next its packed! My favorite part about working at footlocker was the shoes, being able to know when the next release was ahead of time, and being able to learn about other shoes I never really payed any attention to. The hardest part? well the hardest part for me was that I always had trouble finding certain shoes within a timely manner and dealing with angry customers but I always managed which helped me improve myself.
Pros
shoe discount
Cons
short breaks
Loved the face to face interactions with customers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Southcenter mallJanuary 14, 2018
When customers come in not always they know what they are coming in for. That's when I come in and ask them open ended questions to figure out their likes and dislikes about wearing certain shoes. Now if we are out of stock in a pair I would give them great hospitality and go out my way to look to see if other local store have the shoes in stock.
Pros
Love shoes and love selling them, loved the face to face customer service I experienced
Cons
Low salary, switched to commission, low volume store
a day at foot locker
Sales Associate/Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 13, 2018
-A typical day was cool never stressful some day was busy then others

-how to deal with all types of people

- i Never had a meant where it was hard
Pros
Discounts
Footlocker
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 12, 2018
A typical day at work at Foot Locker was walking in to clock out, grab a headset, head to the floor, try your best to engage with every customer, leave a standing impression and always try your best! The hardest part was on a slow day trying to get a customer to purchase things and offer additional merchandise.
Pros
Nice management, willing to help you grow
Cons
Short breaks
Great Customer Service
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 12, 2018
Great People friendly environment, great customer service, you are sure to get all questions answered if you have any, you are sure to leave with what you came for and more, as well as get assistance with ordering products if there not in store. Employees are great at what they do because they love helping people as well as making sure there customers are satisfied.
slow paced judgemental lack of reponsibilities
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 11, 2018
personally, from a previous employee of a year and a half at lady footlocker in vintage fair mall in Modesto. they have very poor management skills, I was treated with no respect and hardly put on the schedule. never got a promotion when newly hired would get twiced the hours and promoted within weeks of being hired. not professional example gossips within employees. the entire work place is very messy and unorganized.
Pros
many food options close within work area. mall employee discount
Cons
never promated, pay way under minimum wage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foot Locker. Our community is ready to answer.