Foot Locker Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 4, 2018
Stack shelves and organize things around the store. We also worked as a team to provide customer service. Meeting the goals needed for a sales associate in the store.
Fun and diverse
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10458June 4, 2018
I loved the energy and environment, working there was a lot of fun. The discounts are awesome I was able to purchase new releases for my younger siblings and myself. I always recommend this job to young high school and college students because their hours are so flexible, the discounts are great, and the staff is always lively. The only challenge is that there is a sense of competition with the sales, and your customer service skills need to be sharp in order to make sales and earn commission.
Pros
discounts
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington Park, CAJune 3, 2018
great job, very busy but very fun, you learn a lot on how to work the floor and how to work in the stock, great way to get you a feel on how you should organize a stock room
loved it.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 3, 2018
I was just graduating from high school at the time but the job was pretty fun. I loved going to work and selling shoes. I loved the culture and seeing new people everyday.
Pros
Seeing new people.
Cons
i had to resign for school.
Laid back office environment with a small business feel (in a good way)
Digital Workplace Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 3, 2018
The work environment is typically very laid back, and even those in upper management dress very casually. It's not uncommon to see director level and above employees wearing jeans and sneakers; after all, it is an athletic apparel company.
Pros
Good time off benefits, good insurance plans, casual dress code
Cons
Pay could be better (isn't this true everywhere?), building needs improvement
Great Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 2, 2018
Footlocker was my first retail job. I was immediately welcomed and treated fairly amongst management and other coworkers. I learned various sales techniques as well as organization, and learning to adjust my time management skills. A job at footlocker is beneficial as well as influential. The job was not very challenging, but whenever it got a little out of hand, I had my team there to help me out. It was a great environment to work in and I was often excited to go to work everyday.
Pros
Great teamwork
FootLocker
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2018
Footlocker was a great company to work at the time i was young and the y provided me with everything i was looking for at that time in my life great job!!! co-workers were great also
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 1, 2018
Yes you many have a busy day and your feet may start to hurt from standing, but you will love it. Hours are flexable and team helps and works with you to keep happy and productive work environment.
productive
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2018
loved it, was able to work with others and have fun doing my job. The pay isn't too good, but if you work for it you'll get it. Managers are good and keep things running
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay
A great work and family oriented enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2018
I learned that there is no I in team and that the job is much easier working as a team. If you decided to work strictly as an individual that way was to difficult. The workplace culture was inviting, supportive and a constant learning work place. We all supported one another and never put others down, and the customer always came first. I gained and refined skills at this establishment that I can take with me to other establishments in the future.
Pros
great collegues
Cons
the ever so often hard to work with customer
I loved my coworkers, and the environment.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 30, 2018
The area was so friendly and upbeat. Everyday I would meet new people and make new friends just because of my job title. I loved it, I just really wish I could back.
Love this place! Great for student a plus!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 30, 2018
Love how the hours are flexible here. This is a great start for students or retirees coming back into the game. Also offers other nice perks to the job like store discounts. Great job!
Stacked boxes of product, scanned with RF gun to ensure the company counted the merchandise prior to being shipped.
picker, loader, packer (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 30, 2018
Scanned merchandise using a RF gun to count and process the incoming and outgoing packages. The atmosphere was very friendly and the staff made great efforts making sure the associates were knowledgeable with regards to the assignment.
A place one can grow
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 30, 2018
Footlocker was my first job. I worked here coming out of high school. Footlocker is a fast paced company with goals one can achieve in a competitive way.
Pros
Easy money
Cons
Can become stressful
Fun job, Kind and helpful staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 29, 2018
As a sales associate at Kids Footlocker the number one focus is the customer. Customers were always greeted when they entered the store. Our staff including myself was trained to connect with the customer and be genuine to give them the best experience to ensure they will return. When connecting with a customer I ask them questions to learn what they are looking for to give them the product that they want and also give them accessories that go with a shoe or other product they may be interested in. I would assist sizing the customer for their shoe size If needed, making recommendations, informing the customer of any new products or promotions and sales the store was having. I would also work as cashier.
Pros
Great staff, fun job I enjoyed talking about shoes all day
Cons
Management wasnt always the best, dated training videos
Customers come first!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 29, 2018
I enjoy communicating with different customers that comes into the store and it's always a pleasure selling them what they want or need! Shoes or apparel!
Fun workplace
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTMay 29, 2018
It was cool to work at Footlocker because you get discounted prices on shoes for you and your family. However I hated working all of the major holidays. And the district manager was not a nice guy.
Pros
Discount on shoes
Cons
open-close shifts
n/a
Customer Service Rep/ Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDMay 29, 2018
footlocker is a job for kids in high school. unless your goal is to become a manager or higher. they dont give raises and the pay is little. its basically a job where you have to work off of commission so its best your at a good location that is busy.
Pros
discount on shoes
Cons
your check is never the same it is based off of commission
Very fun and up beat especially if you love people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 29, 2018
Yes there are more positives than negatives however I think both sides are something you should take into consideration. If you're trying to raise a family I feel that this is not the greatest option.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Drama
coworkers are nice but managers can cause drama
Cashier/Customer Concierge (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 28, 2018
the job overall was very easy to handle however beware of managers who love to gossip. Aside from that, the coworkers are pretty easy to get along with and the shoe selling is a blast

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foot Locker. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K
41.6K
31.1K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

76out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Foot Locker.