Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Front office/Business office management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 15, 2018
At the clinic level people were amazing. All worked well together and helped each other succeed in the day to day operations to help patients. Unfortunately their business office lack people who know how to manage/treat employees with respect. There are processes in place by the business office directors that are merely there to mirco manage and control the front office employees and managers. Even after following all these processes you are still made to feel like everything you are doing is not good enough. Having to deal with way too many processes on a daily basis, added too much unnecessary stress. Even when there was a better way of doing a process, if it was not followed exactly how they expected it, even though you got the same results, managers were yelled at and spoke down to. You would think something would be done about this as employees seem to keep quitting and not giving notice. I would’ve loved to make Foothills my career, but instead at the end of the day I was made to feel unappreciated, like I did not matter, nor like they cared.
Pros
The physical therapist was amazing
Cons
Business office managers, hostile work environment
Poor Quality of Care
Technician (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 3, 2018
Schedule way too many patients at one time making it impossible to provide quality to people. Management by crisis seems to be the motto. Patients on top of one another.
Pros
some good coworkers
Cons
Too busy for quality all about $
Excellent Workplace
Physical Therapist Technician (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZMarch 28, 2018
Excellent workplace with great coworkers and lots of learning opportunities. Ranked #1 in Ranking Arizona for 2017 and 2018. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help patients recover from their injuries, or surgeries.
It's what you make it
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 25, 2018
If you work hard, supervisors will notice. You may have to pay your dues longer than you would like, but promotions are within reach. Go above and beyond by attending company outings to be recognized and net work with people outside of your department to ensure advancement in the company.
The worst management that I have ever dealt with...
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZFebruary 21, 2018
The therapists and the technicians were so welcoming and friendly, they make you feel like you belong with the company. I'm so disappointed that this job didn't work and this was all due to the TERRIBLE management of this facility. I have never had a manager be so unhelpful and disrespectful. From not training properly, to accusations of lying and violating company policy. I've never experienced such an isolated hostile environment. The front office staff never makes you feel like you belong there so I would sit and work by myself left out of 95% of conversations. And God forbid I ask for help with something. "I'm not going to help you. You know the answer." is often this response I would get to asking a question, mind you I was there less than two months and had no insurance training until 30 days in. And I wouldn't even call that training. The patients and the therapists are what kept me going as long as I could handle.. but when it came down to me having the flu and being told that "You look fine to me. I think you're just overwhelmed." I couldn't take anymore after that (and that's not even the half of it!) I started off with this company hoping to move up and pursue my Physical Therapist career, but I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone now. You would think that me being the 3rd person to quit without notice before their two months is a sign but obviously they still don't get that management is a huge problem there.
Pros
Physical Therapist were SO amazing.
Cons
Management, front desk staff. Hostile work environment.
Loved my job but l got sick
front office manager (Former Employee) –  Deer valley rd Peoria azJanuary 28, 2018
I loved my job and the support system that surrounded me on a daily basis. I miss the busy interaction with patients. I got sick and had to resign. I wasn't thinking clear when I left I had high fevers and holisinating. I just know I'm health nos and I want to go back to do what I do best. Working with people caring about the patient
Pros
People
Cons
The feeling of not being there
Fun, fast paced and family oriented.
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Foothills, however I decided to relocate to another state in order to be closer to family. If not for the move I would still be working there.
Fast paced, productive environment
Senior Physical Therapy Technician/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 4, 2017
Good company for students who are trying to get into physical therapy school. Each location is franchised to all management is slightly different, at my location in Scottsdale management is okay but in my opinion could be more organized. overall its a good atmosphere and fun educational learning environment.
Fast Paced, competetive, fun and stressful
PT Technician (Current Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 13, 2017
Working for this location of Foothills Physical therapy can be a lot of fun however it is very challenging fast paced and requires a lot of mental and physical energy. My year there has challenged me in every way from my ability to multi task to keeping a calm and relaxed Demeter when stressed. Also it has challenged me to learn more and more everyday. I love it but also I am not fond of the way management rewards their employees. I am a firm believer in that if and when you tell a person or employee of what they do wrong in their job or what they need to work on. You should not give them several pages on why they failed and give NO encouragement in what they succeed at. You must balance this with your employees. A happy employee = a Happy customer. Overall my only complaint is in the hours given to employees or the lack of, and the pay is not adequate to what is expected of the employee.
Pros
Positive enviorment, Learning opportunities, flexible schedule with school and life, fast past
Cons
Low pay, not steady consistent hours, lack of respect in workplace
Busy
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 30, 2017
Patients come in, and you wait for the therapist to want them back. Then you bring the patient to the back table. The therapist works on the patient. Then the patient is under your care to perform exercises. It is a fun process and you get to know a lot of people!
Open atmosphere and great patients
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 18, 2017
A great place to create meaningful relationships with patients and fellow workers. The overall atmosphere is friendly and family-like. A good place to work if you have a passion for helping others gain mobility and a better quality of life.
Front Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZFebruary 5, 2017
As a front office employee, the hours are nice. I don't have to work weekends and overtime is not expected. The feel in the office is positive and friendly, with the therapists being kind and appreciative of the front office staff. The patients are great to work with, and I never have any issues with being mistreated by them (which says a lot, having worked in customer service for several years). The co-directors at the location I am at are always willing to listen to concerns or ideas, and seem to genuinely care about their staff.

The workload is heavy, yes. But I like to be busy and expect to work when at work, so I don't have a problem with it.

The training has room to improve, as after spending two days at corporate learning the computer system, it is then left up to the staff to train you - while they get all their normal work done. This opens everyone up to errors, and a lack of consistency in training styles.

Benefits are good! I am very happy with the health benefits and the amount of PTO accrued each pay period. However, using your accrued PTO is very difficult, as the team is small, so one person being out definitely has an impact.

Overall I am happy to go to work every day. It is fair pay for the job I am doing... I walk in AND leave smiling each day. Not a bad deal, if you ask me!
Pros
Monthly team potlucks! Good work/life balance
Cons
Training
Overall good company that needs a little more attention to detail
physical therapist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 24, 2016
This is a fast paced work environment. For 95% of the day you are go, go, go! The team is very friendly and works as described...like a team and is high energy (which I like). The environment is welcoming to patients and there is a sense of community in the clinic. Staff is knowledgeable and though time is minimal with each patient (scheduled 3-4 patients/hour) therapists do a great job at letting patients know they are important and make it a priority to help them achieve their goals.
Pros
1 hour lunches, amazing co-workers, helpful and knowledgeable tech support, friendly front office staff, community outreach opportunities, great communication within the clinic (one clinic)
Cons
late nights and difficulty with work/life balance, upper management seems to be over eager to grow without good infrastructure, lack of appreciation/recognition for those in middle management/leadership positions
Fast Paced and Fun
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2016
Great company to work for! If you like to work with people and help them get better then this is the place for you to work! There is always something to do and everyday is different, you have to think quick on your feet.
Pros
learn a lot, good pay, great experience
Cons
not a lot of rest
You'll hate it because they're all amazing at first, then treat you awful
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 4, 2016
Heavy work load in front office, no training, god forbid you ever make a single tiny mistake & ask for assistance. Everyone is ridiculously fake.
Pros
Free water??
Cons
Awful healthcare, management, work load, pay
Fast paced work environment
Front Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 4, 2016
Great co-workers, fast and easy paced environment, great learning experience and company is structured.
Enjoyable place to work
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 1, 2016
It was a great work environment as most of the therapists and techs seemed to enjoy their job and patient's always loved the outcome.
Great for learning new skills
N/a (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 2, 2016
Not a good environment to work for they just throw you into the job and expect the other employees to train you and they don't there, the supervisors have no backbone and its very unprofessional, I was bullied and also isolated for no given reason there is also too much business coming in for the employees working there.
Pros
Cons
No breaks no good insurance not great pay
Games and working out, it's a fun place
Front Office (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJune 15, 2015
It was a fast paced environment and I was able to pick up sufficient amount of new skills. There is not a training program, it's more learn as you go. The therapist have direct contact with the front office staff which is keeps good communication and clarity through out the day. Depending on the clinic and position, there is some opportunity for growth.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Growing company losing some personal touch
Great work atmosphere!
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 30, 2015
The employees and management are great! If you would like to move up in the company you need to go back to school to achieve a doctorate degree.
Pros
hour lunches, great atmosphere
Cons
little pay for techs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy Reviews by Location