Footprint Retail Services Employee Reviews

Part Time Independence (or Isolation)
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fillmore, CAFebruary 6, 2019
.There are no overbearing managers, you can generally make your own schedule, they have pretty decent mileage reimbursement, and there are some amazing people.
However, you are almost always on your own. If you have a question, feel free to email or call, they MIGHT get back to you in 2 to 10 business days. Some months they will beg you to work 10 hours a day, 6 days a week. Other months, you'll be lucky to get 10 hours in total.
For me, a typical day of work is 2 hours long and only once every other week, but there are special projects from time to time. There were a few months last year that I was working 40-60 hours a week, and being reimbursed for travel.
Pros
flexibility, independence, decent reimbursement
Cons
isolated, hard to contact management, lulls in work hours
Educational and travel experience
Merchandiser/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILJanuary 24, 2019
It was fun, educational, I love seeing the different cities and states. I just didn't like the long layoffs but unemployment was available. The pay was ok but could be better considering you're traveling from State to state.
It’s an ok job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJanuary 14, 2019
This position was supposed to be part time and quickly became more time consuming without more pay. A lot of travel and frustration involved with constantly changing store staff and managers.
Pros
Simple enough job
Cons
Poor Management policies at the stores
No work
Senior crew coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILJanuary 10, 2019
They do not pursue new accounts or lose the ones they have due to people leaving as it's not consistent work. They basically call when they need you don't care if you work or not
good part time job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 30, 2018
not much to say. remerchandising stores , some days long, some weeks short, no benefits, little pay unless working overnight. Mileage reimburse very low compared to tax write off
Pros
flexible
Cons
low pay
Footprint Retail Services
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXDecember 17, 2018
Great Flexible job for extra income.

Work around your life schedule. Take as many store as you would like.

Could, potentially be a full time job is you want it to be.
Pros
Flex schedule
Not a bad place to work
Merchandiser P/T (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 15, 2018
Not a bad job It is easy and the hours are very flexible. The work I had was putting security stickers on merchandise. It is just very boring and repetitive.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Boring repetitive
Management Sloppy and Error Prone Because They Are "Only Human" - Geesh!
Part Time Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 2, 2018
Definitely not worth the time and effort to chase down a telephone interview. Messages are sent using Taleo automation software and humans do not follow through with the interviews. When asked, they stated that the are "only human". I am not jumping through hoops to work for low pay and sporadic assignments. They should be very appreciative of persons making efforts to become employed with them.
Cons
Management Problems
was fun building stuff for dollar trees
building shelfs for wal mart and dollar tree (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 24, 2018
liked traveling to new places and staying at the hotels. was fun meeting new people when we would have to go to the stores. was always fun working with the people i was with because we would get the job done.
Not a good place to work
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York StateOctober 19, 2018
I did tagging for 2 Dollar General stores, and it worked great as a side job to my full time job. I left because they tried to force me to take on more jobs, which were not in my area, and which I could not do because of my other job. They tried to tell me that I had to do these other jobs, or I would be fired. Didn't appreciate being threatened like that, and when I was hired it was for only those 2 stores.
Fun Job
Retail Mercahndiser (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 18, 2018
It was a pretty good just but they are seriously lacking in the management department cause when I first started they didnt explain how to do everything so I had to figure out most of it on my own I'm kinda lucky that the job was so easy or I would have been seriously screwed due to there lack of management
Cons
Travel for mostly 2 hour jobs
Perfect part time job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Bunkie, LAOctober 4, 2018
The employee schedules what time and days the want to work. The people are extremely friendly and easy to work with. There is a lot of travailing depending on your area, but you get paid for your mileage, given that they have a reliable mode of transportation.
Pros
Easy to pick up, the people are great, very flexible.
Cons
There is a lot of driving.
simple work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 30, 2018
security tagging on products and apparel in Dollar General stores in this area. Job is easy but doesn't offer much for hours and has no benefits. Can be stressful due to management of stores attitudes or mentality.
Pros
easy job
Cons
no security
No Stress
package products
repackage merchandise
climbing
bending stooping
physical but not too hard
Pros
Cons
limited work
Security Tagging
Contractor (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaAugust 2, 2018
I like working with this company I ask about tagging in Maryland and because I am a contractor with another company I was told no
because of a conflict of interest.
But they were going to hire me for another job

The hardest part of this job is going in behind someone they did not do the job right and you have to pull all the tags off an do it again.

They wanted me to be a rep
Pros
Time
Cons
Good people
Great company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJuly 23, 2018
They pay good.. You go to different stores.. You can schedule the way that you need to fit your needs of work.
There really isn't anything hard about the job. Just sometimes you have to drive a lot to get to stores if you really want to make a lot of money
Joys of travel
Traveling Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 9, 2018
Great opportunity to travel, but inconsistent when it comes to work availability. Position requires you to be on call and ready to arrive at your assigned location.
Pros
travel
Cons
no benefits
Very Easy But Can Get Monotonous
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 31, 2018
I currently work as a Merchandiser mostly applying security tags to certain high theft products in Dollar General stores. There are often other types of jobs available too.
Regarding training; you are on your own. You watch their training videos and read up on the job criteria by using their website - Natural Insight.
As for work, there is plenty! I have many stores which are directly assigned to me so I know I have a steady stream of income. Emailing my boss and requesting stores ensures I will have lots to choose from. Any that I cannot manage due to ANY reason, I simply unassign myself and let other people take them on. Flexible scheduling is awesome.
Pros
Regular work. Flexible work hours. Work as little or as much.
Cons
Wish it paid a little more but considering its such an easy job, cant complain.
Retail Merchandising
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MD, WV, PAApril 16, 2018
I do tagging for local businesses. My job entails putting security features on products. The hours are flexible. Good place to work.
I meet a lot of people and have great respect for what they do a in a days time.
Pros
Flexible
its a part time job.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaMarch 28, 2018
Little to no training, you get to watch a video, and then print out tons of information to help with you assignment. Some of the store staff
are down right rude.
Pros
you schedule your own hours
Cons
no enough consistent work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Footprint Retail Services. Our community is ready to answer.