Footprint Retail Services Employee Reviews

Joys of travel
Traveling Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 9, 2018
Great opportunity to travel, but inconsistent when it comes to work availability. Position requires you to be on call and ready to arrive at your assigned location.
Pros
travel
Cons
no benefits
Very Easy But Can Get Monotonous
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 31, 2018
I currently work as a Merchandiser mostly applying security tags to certain high theft products in Dollar General stores. There are often other types of jobs available too.
Regarding training; you are on your own. You watch their training videos and read up on the job criteria by using their website - Natural Insight.
As for work, there is plenty! I have many stores which are directly assigned to me so I know I have a steady stream of income. Emailing my boss and requesting stores ensures I will have lots to choose from. Any that I cannot manage due to ANY reason, I simply unassign myself and let other people take them on. Flexible scheduling is awesome.
Pros
Regular work. Flexible work hours. Work as little or as much.
Cons
Wish it paid a little more but considering its such an easy job, cant complain.
Retail Merchandising
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MD, WV, PAApril 16, 2018
I do tagging for local businesses. My job entails putting security features on products. The hours are flexible. Good place to work.
I meet a lot of people and have great respect for what they do a in a days time.
Pros
Flexible
its a part time job.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaMarch 28, 2018
Little to no training, you get to watch a video, and then print out tons of information to help with you assignment. Some of the store staff
are down right rude.
Pros
you schedule your own hours
Cons
no enough consistent work
Must be a self starter
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 11, 2018
I go to dollar generals and put security stickers on high theft items. Some stores are easy, others require more time than the 2 hour window I'm given per store. There's no real training. You watch an 8 minute video and read a sheet of instructions and off you go. There's lots of stores in my area and it's hard for me to hit them all, so I've noticed they've hired on someone who has been picking up the stores I don't assign myself. The assignments are first come first serve so if you don't babysit the website you may end up with no stores. They schedule about a month out, so if you currently have another rep in your area, they will have picked up the stores and you will have to wait for the weekly update with the next list of stores (again, a month out) for you to fight with them for. Overall, a good company to work for if you can think on your feet and operate independently. The computer doesn't let you schedule yourself more than 30 hours in a week, so this will always be a part time job with no benefits and no clear advancement opportunities.
Pros
Very flexible scheduling
Cons
Assignments are first come first serve so you might not get any
Excellent
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Walton, NYMarch 3, 2018
Has easy to read instructions, clear communication, and over all good company to work for. Plenty of work to do. Scheduling is easy and convenient for busy people with families.
Pros
Easy scheduling
Cons
Nothing, I like everything about the company
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 26, 2018
Footprint is a great place to work. I love that I schedule my own hours. The work is not difficult and there’s is anlot if opportunity in my area for more work. The only down fall is there’s really no path to move up in and you don’t get benefits since it’s technically only part time.
Pros
Schedule own hours
Cons
No benefits
Company separated me
Field Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Washington DCFebruary 20, 2018
When Footprint brought me on board about a year ago I was excited. Thinking I would have a stable part time job. Definitely wasnt that.
Footprint is just like a few other merchandising companies out there, in which you have a dashboard, they send out tasks (short term, or a one time thing) and whomever signs up first gets the task. Of course if you live near a metro area (for me, its wash dc), you can guess that it's a bunch of merchandisers fighting to get the task.
Over the year they probably had a total of 3-4 tasks being offered which was no where near where I live, so I never did try to obtain them. So, because I guess I was considered inactive, they sent me an email saying that they are separating me from the company. What a joke. The company spent money for my background check and drug screening, told me they would send me a shirt (uniform, they never did).
The tasks they had in my area were very sparse. No selection at all. Seems like it was always tasks from the same one or two clients. Very unsteady work, atleast in my area. Which I am surprised living in a big metro area. But I guess other merchandising companies got all those other good contracts. So much better companies out there.
Pros
Cons
Inactive too long, they'll just separate you. Very little tasks selection.
Great environment
Net Windows and Web Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJanuary 22, 2018
The team at Footprint was great. Fun start up feel in the IT dept. Advancement was hard, and if you did get advanced, salary did not reflect. Very tight on the pocket book there
Pros
Great team
Cons
poor compensation
make your own hours
Feild Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2018
you work your own hours up to 40 scheduled hours but that does not mean you will end up having that many hours for that week. There is rarely anything that can be done about that at present.
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
barely get 30 hours a week
Company doesn't care for field reps
District Team Leader (Current Employee) –  KYDecember 12, 2017
Company used to care for their employees and there was always opportunities for advancement. New Director of Merchandising is friends with CEO and whatever he decides to do in the field is fine. He eliminated 99% of the advancement opportunities in the field.
Pros
Good DMs
Cons
Everything else
retaiil services
Retail (Former Employee) –  Ohio City, OHDecember 11, 2017
Not ideall if you have a family. PPl harrd to get along with. no good hrs or pay. stressful enviorment at times.Employees hard to get along with. just not the ideal job.
Great Part time job
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILNovember 28, 2017
Great part time job, allows me to be flexible with my schedule. Not always consistent with jobs. Could not rely on for full time job. Love traveling when needed.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Work not always consistent
Mundane
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Leesville, LANovember 26, 2017
Very boring work. Did not enjoy the two hour "shifts" at each store. Didn't like that I had to drive an hour to get to many of the places to do my jobs.
Did like the pay, as well as the flexibility.
My area is not a good area for this kind of work.
Pros
Flexibility
Very poor management
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 10, 2017
The management and auditors are not easy to deal with and sometimes too demanding. Hours vary as well as projects. No chance for advancement. A lot of their work stems from putting security tags on items in retail stores. There are a lot better companies to work for.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Poor management and auditors
I'm in love here!!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILSeptember 10, 2017
I absolutely love working for this company. The flexibility is great and it allows me to work my other merchandising job while still taking care of my family and my volunteering obligations.
Kinda neat job
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Anderson County, SCAugust 28, 2017
Was a neat job on call merchandiser. If you didn't want to work or have something else planned you didn't take the job. Paid good to travel for. Easy job
Pros
Pick your own shifts
Cons
Was bought out
Love the flexibility
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILAugust 12, 2017
This is the best merchandising company I have worked for. They are consistent and open. The hours are extremely flexible. I have been here over a year and actually grew my jobs. I went to work part time and was able to get my daughter in law on board and show her the ropes. I gave her half my jobs. You can take as much work as you want or as little as you want.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Can't make a living on merchandising
Good Job. Just Not enough Hours
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  ArkansasAugust 7, 2017
I like my job. I just felt like I didn't get enough hours, and things were a bit unorganized. Some of the stores would have the materials, and some wouldn't Causing me to make blank trips. and I would have to wait 2-3 weeks to get my gas money back
Fast pace job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILAugust 6, 2017
Its a good job really fast pace so your day goes by fast if the work is consistent. It would be the perfect job if you were guaranteed 40 hours each week and the work was consistent all year round. Also if your pay was raised and you got sick days and paid vacation and if there was room for progression
Pros
face paced so not really any down time
Cons
not consistent work, no room for progression

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Footprint Retail Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Footprint Retail Services Reviews by Location