Footprint Retail Services Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to work
Merchandiser P/T (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 15, 2018
Not a bad job It is easy and the hours are very flexible. The work I had was putting security stickers on merchandise. It is just very boring and repetitive.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Boring repetitive
Management Sloppy and Error Prone Because They Are "Only Human" - Geesh!
Part Time Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 2, 2018
Definitely not worth the time and effort to chase down a telephone interview. Messages are sent using Taleo automation software and humans do not follow through with the interviews. When asked, they stated that the are "only human". I am not jumping through hoops to work for low pay and sporadic assignments. They should be very appreciative of persons making efforts to become employed with them.
Cons
Management Problems
was fun building stuff for dollar trees
building shelfs for wal mart and dollar tree (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 24, 2018
liked traveling to new places and staying at the hotels. was fun meeting new people when we would have to go to the stores. was always fun working with the people i was with because we would get the job done.
Not a good place to work
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York StateOctober 19, 2018
I did tagging for 2 Dollar General stores, and it worked great as a side job to my full time job. I left because they tried to force me to take on more jobs, which were not in my area, and which I could not do because of my other job. They tried to tell me that I had to do these other jobs, or I would be fired. Didn't appreciate being threatened like that, and when I was hired it was for only those 2 stores.
Fun Job
Retail Mercahndiser (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 18, 2018
It was a pretty good just but they are seriously lacking in the management department cause when I first started they didnt explain how to do everything so I had to figure out most of it on my own I'm kinda lucky that the job was so easy or I would have been seriously screwed due to there lack of management
Cons
Travel for mostly 2 hour jobs
Perfect part time job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Bunkie, LAOctober 4, 2018
The employee schedules what time and days the want to work. The people are extremely friendly and easy to work with. There is a lot of travailing depending on your area, but you get paid for your mileage, given that they have a reliable mode of transportation.
Pros
Easy to pick up, the people are great, very flexible.
Cons
There is a lot of driving.
simple work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 30, 2018
security tagging on products and apparel in Dollar General stores in this area. Job is easy but doesn't offer much for hours and has no benefits. Can be stressful due to management of stores attitudes or mentality.
Pros
easy job
Cons
no security
No Stress
package products
repackage merchandise
climbing
bending stooping
physical but not too hard
Pros
Cons
limited work
Security Tagging
Contractor (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaAugust 2, 2018
I like working with this company I ask about tagging in Maryland and because I am a contractor with another company I was told no
because of a conflict of interest.
But they were going to hire me for another job

The hardest part of this job is going in behind someone they did not do the job right and you have to pull all the tags off an do it again.

They wanted me to be a rep
Pros
Time
Cons
Good people
Great company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJuly 23, 2018
They pay good.. You go to different stores.. You can schedule the way that you need to fit your needs of work.
There really isn't anything hard about the job. Just sometimes you have to drive a lot to get to stores if you really want to make a lot of money
Joys of travel
Traveling Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 9, 2018
Great opportunity to travel, but inconsistent when it comes to work availability. Position requires you to be on call and ready to arrive at your assigned location.
Pros
travel
Cons
no benefits
Very Easy But Can Get Monotonous
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 31, 2018
I currently work as a Merchandiser mostly applying security tags to certain high theft products in Dollar General stores. There are often other types of jobs available too.
Regarding training; you are on your own. You watch their training videos and read up on the job criteria by using their website - Natural Insight.
As for work, there is plenty! I have many stores which are directly assigned to me so I know I have a steady stream of income. Emailing my boss and requesting stores ensures I will have lots to choose from. Any that I cannot manage due to ANY reason, I simply unassign myself and let other people take them on. Flexible scheduling is awesome.
Pros
Regular work. Flexible work hours. Work as little or as much.
Cons
Wish it paid a little more but considering its such an easy job, cant complain.
Retail Merchandising
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MD, WV, PAApril 16, 2018
I do tagging for local businesses. My job entails putting security features on products. The hours are flexible. Good place to work.
I meet a lot of people and have great respect for what they do a in a days time.
Pros
Flexible
its a part time job.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaMarch 28, 2018
Little to no training, you get to watch a video, and then print out tons of information to help with you assignment. Some of the store staff
are down right rude.
Pros
you schedule your own hours
Cons
no enough consistent work
Must be a self starter
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 11, 2018
I go to dollar generals and put security stickers on high theft items. Some stores are easy, others require more time than the 2 hour window I'm given per store. There's no real training. You watch an 8 minute video and read a sheet of instructions and off you go. There's lots of stores in my area and it's hard for me to hit them all, so I've noticed they've hired on someone who has been picking up the stores I don't assign myself. The assignments are first come first serve so if you don't babysit the website you may end up with no stores. They schedule about a month out, so if you currently have another rep in your area, they will have picked up the stores and you will have to wait for the weekly update with the next list of stores (again, a month out) for you to fight with them for. Overall, a good company to work for if you can think on your feet and operate independently. The computer doesn't let you schedule yourself more than 30 hours in a week, so this will always be a part time job with no benefits and no clear advancement opportunities.
Pros
Very flexible scheduling
Cons
Assignments are first come first serve so you might not get any
Excellent
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Walton, NYMarch 3, 2018
Has easy to read instructions, clear communication, and over all good company to work for. Plenty of work to do. Scheduling is easy and convenient for busy people with families.
Pros
Easy scheduling
Cons
Nothing, I like everything about the company
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 26, 2018
Footprint is a great place to work. I love that I schedule my own hours. The work is not difficult and there’s is anlot if opportunity in my area for more work. The only down fall is there’s really no path to move up in and you don’t get benefits since it’s technically only part time.
Pros
Schedule own hours
Cons
No benefits
Company separated me
Field Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Washington DCFebruary 20, 2018
When Footprint brought me on board about a year ago I was excited. Thinking I would have a stable part time job. Definitely wasnt that.
Footprint is just like a few other merchandising companies out there, in which you have a dashboard, they send out tasks (short term, or a one time thing) and whomever signs up first gets the task. Of course if you live near a metro area (for me, its wash dc), you can guess that it's a bunch of merchandisers fighting to get the task.
Over the year they probably had a total of 3-4 tasks being offered which was no where near where I live, so I never did try to obtain them. So, because I guess I was considered inactive, they sent me an email saying that they are separating me from the company. What a joke. The company spent money for my background check and drug screening, told me they would send me a shirt (uniform, they never did).
The tasks they had in my area were very sparse. No selection at all. Seems like it was always tasks from the same one or two clients. Very unsteady work, atleast in my area. Which I am surprised living in a big metro area. But I guess other merchandising companies got all those other good contracts. So much better companies out there.
Pros
Cons
Inactive too long, they'll just separate you. Very little tasks selection.
Great environment
Net Windows and Web Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJanuary 22, 2018
The team at Footprint was great. Fun start up feel in the IT dept. Advancement was hard, and if you did get advanced, salary did not reflect. Very tight on the pocket book there
Pros
Great team
Cons
poor compensation
make your own hours
Feild Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2018
you work your own hours up to 40 scheduled hours but that does not mean you will end up having that many hours for that week. There is rarely anything that can be done about that at present.
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
barely get 30 hours a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Footprint Retail Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Footprint Retail Services Reviews by Location