Footprint Retail Services Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2019
Great job to work, locations are reoccurring so they are easy to schedule. Lots of flexibility with most assignments. some assignments are specific but most allow you to schedule when you want.
Great for Working on your own.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILMay 4, 2019
This is mainly for people who are great for working on your own. There is not a whole lot of interference from Footprints but there are numerous managers in numerous stores to work around. Plan to keep your hours flexible but does have guaranteed work every week. There isn't a lot of extra work though and be prepared to work with the customers of the store you are at because it is always assumed that you work for the stores you service.
Pros
Work on your own schedule.
Cons
No benefits or advancement whatsoever.
Great place to work. Fun and flexible hours. Just not enough opportunities to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIApril 30, 2019
Great company. Basically go in and do resets with planof grams. Fun productive atmosphere. People are really nice and helpful. I Loved going in. There just weren't enough job opportunities nor the pay to warrant the travel
Pros
Good boss, bought lunch, 711 provided free beverages, flexible schedules
Cons
No benefits m.Pay and job opportunities weren't enough
supervisor is terrible!!
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 29, 2019
enjoy the work if I can work, the supervisor plays favorites so if your not her favorite you won't get any hours, and i don't like a supervisor who gossip with other employees.. terrible communication, don't appreciate working for a supervisor that's lies and changes her stories just to cover herself, she isn't truthful with hours , she will put hours on next week just so she doesn't get in trouble for having over time, co-workers has put supervisor on speaker phone so we could hear all the things she was saying about the other employees, if there was a fair and honest supervisor it would be a good company to work for..
Cons
alot of favoritism
Very relaxed job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  KentuckyApril 23, 2019
Relaxed and flexible environment. Schedule as much or as little as you need. Management doesnt bother you. Very easy work and fun to be in and out of the stores. You can stay local or travel depending on your own preference. Meet your deadlines and do your surveys.
Pros
Flexible
Foot Print
Team lead merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 3, 2019
Foot print is a good company to work for - they are supportive and easy to work for. Advancement is a possibility and they strive to have
work available for employees.
I enjoyed it when the time where flexible
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 9, 2019
Now that have stop you from moving workload around and not as flexible and no benefits I am looking for other work with benefits. I currently work as a Merchandiser mostly applying security tags to certain high theft products in Dollar General stores. Coaching staff on how to apply security tags where and why it is done this way. In this position there is a lot of bending stooping, climbing, coaching a since I work with no supervision time management is very important.
Very eSy to balance life and work
Retail Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee) –  United StatesMarch 8, 2019
Love the the ability to have a life and a job that pays well and I really enjoy. Management is always available and gets resolutions to any issues. They are really good at making sure you have all the information about a project and are readily available for any problems that may arise.
Pros
Flexibility in schedule
Cons
Needs more variety of work
No communucation
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 27, 2019
Managers have no communication with field reps, they push you off on call center. Project manuals give very little useful information. Not given new projects in a timely manner for easy scheduling.
Part Time Independence (or Isolation)
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fillmore, CAFebruary 6, 2019
.There are no overbearing managers, you can generally make your own schedule, they have pretty decent mileage reimbursement, and there are some amazing people.
However, you are almost always on your own. If you have a question, feel free to email or call, they MIGHT get back to you in 2 to 10 business days. Some months they will beg you to work 10 hours a day, 6 days a week. Other months, you'll be lucky to get 10 hours in total.
For me, a typical day of work is 2 hours long and only once every other week, but there are special projects from time to time. There were a few months last year that I was working 40-60 hours a week, and being reimbursed for travel.
Pros
flexibility, independence, decent reimbursement
Cons
isolated, hard to contact management, lulls in work hours
Educational and travel experience
Merchandiser/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILJanuary 24, 2019
It was fun, educational, I love seeing the different cities and states. I just didn't like the long layoffs but unemployment was available. The pay was ok but could be better considering you're traveling from State to state.
It’s an ok job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJanuary 14, 2019
This position was supposed to be part time and quickly became more time consuming without more pay. A lot of travel and frustration involved with constantly changing store staff and managers.
Pros
Simple enough job
Cons
Poor Management policies at the stores
No work
Senior crew coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILJanuary 10, 2019
They do not pursue new accounts or lose the ones they have due to people leaving as it's not consistent work. They basically call when they need you don't care if you work or not
good part time job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 30, 2018
not much to say. remerchandising stores , some days long, some weeks short, no benefits, little pay unless working overnight. Mileage reimburse very low compared to tax write off
Pros
flexible
Cons
low pay
Footprint Retail Services
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXDecember 17, 2018
Great Flexible job for extra income.

Work around your life schedule. Take as many store as you would like.

Could, potentially be a full time job is you want it to be.
Pros
Flex schedule
Not a bad place to work
Merchandiser P/T (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 15, 2018
Not a bad job It is easy and the hours are very flexible. The work I had was putting security stickers on merchandise. It is just very boring and repetitive.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Boring repetitive
Management Sloppy and Error Prone Because They Are "Only Human" - Geesh!
Part Time Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 2, 2018
Definitely not worth the time and effort to chase down a telephone interview. Messages are sent using Taleo automation software and humans do not follow through with the interviews. When asked, they stated that the are "only human". I am not jumping through hoops to work for low pay and sporadic assignments. They should be very appreciative of persons making efforts to become employed with them.
Cons
Management Problems
was fun building stuff for dollar trees
building shelfs for wal mart and dollar tree (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 24, 2018
liked traveling to new places and staying at the hotels. was fun meeting new people when we would have to go to the stores. was always fun working with the people i was with because we would get the job done.
Not a good place to work
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York StateOctober 19, 2018
I did tagging for 2 Dollar General stores, and it worked great as a side job to my full time job. I left because they tried to force me to take on more jobs, which were not in my area, and which I could not do because of my other job. They tried to tell me that I had to do these other jobs, or I would be fired. Didn't appreciate being threatened like that, and when I was hired it was for only those 2 stores.
Fun Job
Retail Mercahndiser (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 18, 2018
It was a pretty good just but they are seriously lacking in the management department cause when I first started they didnt explain how to do everything so I had to figure out most of it on my own I'm kinda lucky that the job was so easy or I would have been seriously screwed due to there lack of management
Cons
Travel for mostly 2 hour jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Footprint Retail Services. Our community is ready to answer.