Footprints to Recovery Employee Reviews

Great overall team
Collector (Current Employee) –  Niles, ILSeptember 11, 2019
Company's outlook is positive with room for growth, the billing department, while competitive and challenging, is precisely the type of work environment for motivated and ambitious individuals. Although I can't speak for everyone there I certainly feel like the atmosphere is collaborative and the manager and staff are always very available to help those who are willing to seek it. Continuously learning in this well paced environment makes this job not only fun but also an overall positive experience.
Pros
Continuously learning, good pay, great co-workers
Cons
Subpar work ethic
Draining place to work at
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILAugust 25, 2019
While working for this company, I worked in the billing department. The job started out fine but the longer I worked there, I realized this was not a place you wake up looking forward to. Management has unrealistic goals and do not listen to feedback. They do not care about their employees except for constantly nagging at them that they are not doing enough. The manager talks about other employees to other employees who she is friends with which is very unprofessional . If they do not start changing things atound, they will lose all their valuable employees . If it wasn't for the pay majority of their employees would not be working there . The billing department is a great team and has lots of valuable employees, but the management is horrible.
Fast paced
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 23, 2019
Footprints can be a stressful job as there are the patients needs, state mandates and company requirements that have to be met and things change constantly making it a difficult juggling act at times. Some staff seem to do the bare minimum while others go above and beyond and truly put their patient's the their patient's recovery first. If you can effectively utilize your time and and prioritize the various things you can and will succeed but these skills are necessary or you will not have a good work/life balance. Some staff work 50+ hours a week trying to get everything done and others are out right at 40 it does take a lot of discipline.
Position
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Township of Hamilton, NJAugust 12, 2019
It’s a great stepping stone for anyone who wants to expand there knowledge of the recovery field. They have fair pay and good hours. Client were great too.
Bad management
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 10, 2019
Toxic environment that doesn’t support anything that is suggested by the team to help better the work flow life and the clients. The client to employee ratio is super uneven allowing clients to not get the attention that is needed.
Horrible place
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 4, 2019
Clients suffer, treated poorly and unfair. They care about money and thats it. They don't care if a client is not ready to get out of detox and will relapse if someone who has money can come stay there then they will kick the other out. Same with the comapny that bought them out.
Overall Poor Work Environment
Primary Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 25, 2019
Poor management, lack of support, director showed favoritism toward certain staff members, and the culture was tainted by rumors and gossip among staff. Very unprofessional atmosphere overall and ethics and boundaries were lacking among several staff members.
This place sucks
Recovery Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJune 4, 2019
A 1 star rating would be extremely generous, I have never in my 50 years working have ever experienced such a terrible place to work. I was very excited to begin working for this company, and everyday questioned myself what the heck I was doing working for such a horrible place
Positive Atmosphere
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 29, 2019
Collaborative, challenging, rewarding, supportive, ever changing environment. Our EVP of Operations is supportive and strategic. She has high (and reasonable expectations) and allows us to be creative and forward thinking. Our Executive Leadership Team has an investment in every employee and motivates employees through education and presence. Great company to be a part of.
Clinically sound and ethical staff
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 21, 2019
It was enjoyable to be part a strong team at FTR Mesa. I have an awesome schedule and I work three twelve hour shifts per week, Monday - Wednesday. It was refreshing to work in an environment where I was helping people that wanted to heal and overcome their addictions.
Terrible work environment
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2019
I hoped this would be a long term position but the way I was treated was shocking. Management does not tell you anything, has unrealistic expectations for workload, make inappropriate and unsafe recommendations for patients, and don't like true feedback when it benefits it, patients. The culture was abusive and it was allowed which was the hardest part of the job. The patients were the best part but it wasn't enough. They let good people go and keep the staff who gossip at the front desk all day instead of managing or do work. Techs allow drugs to get in which is dangerous. Staff all seem stressed and ready to snap. Everyone else is working away but get yelled at constantly about what we continue to not get done. Zero positive feedback. The sober living house/ hotel was a party place and made us look bad. Outside providers were complaining which was embarrassing and management would not fix it. Patients were allowed to stay after relapse or come multiple times back to back which was enabling. Feels like a mill instead of treatment centers.
Pros
Coworkers that did stick together.
Cons
The culture, management's treatment of staff that was allowed.
Stressful, poor management, and dysfunctional
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILFebruary 20, 2019
The Admissions Department is treated utterly unfairly by the rest of the company. The work is not valued by other departments, is constantly challenged, and always scapegoated. Turn over is high and upper management does not seem to care about this. This "call center" is dysfunctional and the staff is not given adequate tools to do their jobs. The expectations put by marketing on converting leads is abhorrent. This company only cares about money and not helping people with addiction. Outreach constantly berates the team for not giving answers fast enough and then blames the department if pre-cert is denied.
Pros
Bonus structure
Cons
Poor management, no PTO, insurance premiums are high, bugs in the office building
Unhealthy environment with high turnover
Therapist/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILNovember 15, 2018
No matter how hard you work it's not appreciated or rewarded. There is ongoing chaos, constant changes, and high staff turnover. Level of care is not considered and we take everyone in even if it's not appropriate. This is not good for the clients and many need detox or residential instead of a lower level of care. Marketers don't listen and bring back the same clients multiple times Counselors opinions get overrode by management. Management is rude and doesn't care about the staff. They are focused only on making money. They let good people go and keep ones willing to not ask questions. Too much negativity which takes away from helping clients get better.
Pros
Working with clients
Cons
Poor management, lack of support, no praise for a job well done.
Toxic place to work and equally bad for patients
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILOctober 13, 2018
The director treats the employees as robots and expects them to work 24/7 although they are salaried. I have worked in three outpatient centers and have never seen such a huge workload "dumped" on the counselors. The issues is not only that the counselors are overworked but they are not able to provide the appropriate care the patients need. Its a place where management cares only about numbers and more patients as then insurance pays and more money are in their pocket...That is the only thing that matters.... The patients are crammed in small rooms and there are so many of them that the counselors cannot even run groups in any beneficial way or get to know their case load as it is simply impossible.... Poor, unethical care and it is sad as I personally have talked to the higher management from the office in New Jersey and the director on site but it appeared that concerns about providing good care are nothing that really mattered to them. that is why I left ....
Pros
Cons
caseload too big per counselor, unrealistic expectations re hours and work to be done, paperwork horrible, no support from management
Fast Growing, Passionate, Start Up Culture
admissions (Current Employee) –  Niles, ILAugust 31, 2018
It's a fast-paced, hardworking, and team oriented culture due to the growth of the business as well as the nature of the industry and honestly I wouldn't like it any other way. There's no typical workday at Footprints to Recovery, but I'm sure many working in the healthcare industry experience the same thing. The owner of the company is extremely passionate about what the company does which trickles down to all employees. Overall, if you're looking to work for a growing company, not afraid of hard work and want to do something that gives back this place is for you.
Pros
growth opportunities, Pto, reporting structure
Cons
national company, all your coworkers may not be in your office
Collaborative Fair Challenging
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILAugust 22, 2018
Overall - the management here were extremely fair and genuinely care about the employees. I felt rewarded for my efforts and gained solid knowledge to use at new position when I relocated.
Pros
Collaborative Team Clear Guidanxe
Cons
Soul crushing / relative / unfulfilling work. Demeaning, condescending, and shallow colleagues.
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILAugust 21, 2018
Overall one of, if not the worst work experiences of my professional work life. Job duties that were tasked with completely unrealistic deadlines on top of other menial tasks that don’t even fit your job description yet somehow each day you’re expected to perform other people’s jobs. Executives coming in and out as they please & then throwing their work at you. Berating, condescending, and overall disrespetful tones from superiors. Colleagues constantly drained & appeared disconnected from reality at certain points due to the work load being so grieving. It is a non-stop grind that you’re expected to do day in & day out and showing one form of slow progressed results you in getting a video chat with your supervisor treating you like you’re 13yrs old. DO. NOT. SUBMIT. YOURSELF. TO. THESE. WORK. CONDITIONS. Do yourself a favor and find a company that will respect properly instead of using you as a machine.
Pros
Cons
Practically everything
Overworked and poor management
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 9, 2018
The typical day at work was dealing with the overwhelming amount of paperwork. When staff asked for support they were criticized for asking for help and expected to be able to handle the work. Upper management did not care about our concerns when we told them the Executive Director uses fear and shame to "motivate people". The clinical director was supportive but not able to override her or change processes. Coworkers were too busy to help each other and one was especially tough to deal with. The group size was over 25 patients and caseloads were very high leaving little time for quality patient care. They took anyone who came in and the patients suffered. It sounded like a great place to work but the reality was a toxic work environment with unrealistic expectations. They expected us to work 24/7.
Pros
Working with the patients and seeing change, some coworkers, cross training.
Cons
Upper management never took concerns about the executive director seriously, a lot of paperwork, long hours.
Sucks the life out of you
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJAugust 6, 2018
This place as good when I first started working through but then I said something wrong and I was kick out. If you aren't the mold or not moldable they don't want you. They want to mold you into the counselor that they want. Management sucks. They put people in management that have no experience at all!! The bosses judge and are careless with their staff. They SUCK!! I wouldn't work here. Turn the other way. You will be overworked, over stressed, overwhelmed 24/7.
Revolving door
Counselor (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 9, 2018
If you are looking for a place to work that has a culture of support this is not the place for you. The upper management does nothing but tear you down and offers zero support. The counselors are worked at a pace that is unreasonable and are often stressed out. The expectations are unfair. The main goal is always money and not patient care. The pay is decent, but at a cost that is harsh. I would pass on any opportunity to work here.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Long Hours, stressful work environment