For Eyes Optical Employee Reviews

Customer focused optical company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 7, 2018
For Eyes Optical is a growing company in the U.S. owned by Grand Vision. They are looking to open new locations and update their technological assets and product lines to bring themselves inline with the top optical competitors.
Pros
Good commision and incentive program, lower pricing compared to other brick and mortars, company invests in new advancements and remodeling
Cons
Long hours, low staff, strugle to hire and retain qualified associates. Insurance and time-off benefits are not great.
Good optical chain, but has some frustrations
Store Manager/Optician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 11, 2018
Good optical chain with decent quality products. Decent benefit and compensation package.
Each store has its own personalities and overall experience (management styles vary).
Store and support level staff (lab, HR, marketing, managed vision care, etc) are friendly and helpful.
Great sales training and coaching available (and it works!). Optical training and ABOC prepping is available.
The company is customer oriented and celebrates YELP! reviews.
Overall: Good employee and team oriented company with the typical optical frustrations.
Pros
customer service oriented, great coaching and training provided
Cons
lack of consistent HQ communications, jobs delayed with every system upgrade
Just stay away
Corporate office (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 29, 2018
Worst company to work for. Management is incompetent. Company on decline. They mislead candidates with their lies on growth but it’s all lies there is no growth quite the opposite.
Pros
Cons
Expensive insurance, Poor management and leadership.
This Company is Awful
Manager (Current Employee) –  ILFebruary 2, 2019
No direction and they will go back on their promises. Leadership offers no help to staff stores and keep at bare minimum. They are spiraling down fast
Pros
None Really
Cons
Terrible Regional Managers, Stores are left understaffed, Won't pay well to retain top talent, Lacking forward direction, Constant emails, phone calls, and texts.
Global company that does not want to understand the standard American expectations.
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 20, 2017
Since the ownership is based overseas they do not have good benefits. Healthcare coverage is poor. No 401k match or bonuses. Expect long hours with much stress and minimal appreciation.
Pros
Discount on glasses
Cons
Poor management and no work life balance, poor benefits.
Worst Ever.
Optician, Assistant Manager. (Former Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 19, 2013
Low paying, deceptive commission practices, greedy owners. They want managers to make $14/hr, and opticians making $10. They have no compassion for employees and do not reward loyalty.

The company's culture is based on deception; their famous "sale" is described BTS as "our bait 'n' switch".
Pros
Full time employees have middling, better-than-nothing insurance.
Cons
Everything else. Especially the commission. They do everything they can to not pay it out.
Optician (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILJanuary 27, 2014
Working for for eyes is a great job. My experience was awesome. They are really nice and unstanding.
Pros
management
Cons
compensation
Productive day with building relationships.
Optical Sales (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 14, 2012
For Eyes has been the best place I have ever worked. The team was amazing and being able to help people on a daily basis was satisfying. The hardest part of the job was the distribution of eyewear. I am a perfectionist,so I took my time to make things perfect for my patients. I learned so much from the advancement of optics, to the smallest detail in an RX that can create a precise piece of eyewear for an individual.
It's just Okay
Sales Representative, optician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IllinoisMay 22, 2017
It's a good place to work while you get a better job; if you're a teenager or as a part of time job.
There's absolutely no room to grow in this company.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
No benefits, hard to achieve goals without the right tools to do so.
Nice location fellow peers great to work with
Optometric Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oswego, ILSeptember 22, 2013
I learned how to use a variety of different diagnostic equipment used for testing and evaluation of patients. I pretty much worked alone with the doctor and had to multi-task between answering the phones, collecting co-payments, pre-testing patients and cleaning and stocking supplies.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Management didn't manage store very well.
Dr. Dennick
Dr. Dennick (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 9, 2018
The training was not in an orderly fashion. The manager did not have any patience. I would not recommend this place to work. The work hours were 10:30 am o 7:00 pm.
Could use some work. Long term goals misguided.
Licensed Dispensing Optician (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 24, 2013
Used to be like one big family, but then the LC greed and paranoia reared its ugly head with the promotion of a new Retail Ops Mgr.
My time at For Eyes Optical
Bookkeeper/Optical Sales (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 13, 2017
Learned how to greet customers as they entered the store and answer phone calls, dispense glasses and fill prescription for clients. At the end of the day I would balance all credit card, cash balances for bookkeeping.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
No cons
Great teamwork with my staff to create positive results
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Pa., NY, NJ and DelawareJune 13, 2013
I very much enjoyed an long term relationship with my staff and store managers. Most have been working with me for more than 20 yrs.
Working together for the good of the customer, the co-worker and the company has been a most enjoyable experience.
Pros
Able to schedule my day according to the needs of the District I managed.
Cons
Many after hour phone calls and store situations that needed immediate attention
Productive and fun workplace
Optician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2017
You can actually enjoy working here if you have no problem working with people . They are updated and it makes you able to understand your actual position a lot easier.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Expensive healthcare
Productive and fun place to work
Optician/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, PAApril 24, 2017
typical day- selling, making and adjusting eyeglasses. learned the ins and outs of managing a store- opening and closing, time cards, inventory and customer service. a lot of fun and enjoyed the people I worked with.
Pros
received comissions, fun co-workers
Cons
had to work weekends
Not a chance! Worst place!
Developer IT (Former Employee) –  HialeahSeptember 5, 2012
The place its awful, the IT "leaders" are so lost!..they have absolute no intention to get this company running..they have no real development strategy, obsolete platforms, you name it...stay away for your own sake...
Cons
same as working on a dungeon.. creepy, old and obsolete...
Fun workplace
Optical Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDApril 18, 2017
It was a great workplace and environment. Occasional employees who stepped out of line, however overall great experience. Learn a lot about the importance of taking care of your eyes.
Pros
Discount on glasses
Cons
average pay
Company Culture was the worst.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLNovember 2, 2012
Didn't like the way they did things. I don't want to bad mouth them; so I'll only say the good thing about working there. The co-workers are very nice, and everyone is a hard worker.
Pros
co-workers are nice
Cons
working condition
Prodictive workplace with a light-hearted environment
Director of Managed Vision Care (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2016
Great fast-paced work environment
Wonderful team members
Great place to come to every morning and work for 8-10 hours.
Pros
Flexible work schedule