Forcht Bank logo

Forcht Bank Employee Reviews

Forcht Bank insights

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

ok

working for forcht bank was an ok experience. covid really had them confused on how to service customers due to no drive thrus. lots of turn over and the training dept needs works

Pros

ok

Cons

ok

Ondemand Department

A typical day in OnDemand is a 10 hour work day where you help on average 100 customers per day. You wear a headset, and communicate through a computer monitor with customers non-stop for the entirety of your shift. A bell will ring in your ear the moment you get off a call with a customer, as the next one is already waiting for you. You will most likely be short staffed, as this department has been mishandled and mismanaged during the pandemicYou will learn the basics of banking in this position, but you are not treated as a bank teller as you are treated like a call center employee. You will be harassed for your statistics regularly, even if you lead the department in all valuable numbers. This department rarely fires employees because they have such a hard time keeping people from quitting. The turnover rate since July 2020 is above 90%.Workplace culture is nonexistent in this department. You will be working in a department with approximately 20 employees, it is very likely that you will never have a single face-to-face conversation with 75% of your coworkers. There were some people I worked with for months and I never saw their face once. You have no time to get to know the people you work with, the workload is nonstop, which prevents employees from going to the bathroom, get a drink or have any semblance of a conversation with the people around them. This department allows employees to take legally mandated breaks, but anything outside of that and they will threaten to dock your pay.The hardest part about this job is the workload. You help customers from -

Pros

Free $10 lunch twice a month

Cons

extended banking hours, no socializing with coworkers, no downtime, no chances for advancement, bad management

Wasn’t a friendly environment no customers

It was a job that you sit all day do nothing because it’s no customers at my branch and I worked with a political r****t and a formal hypocrite. Manager just didn’t care about us to many people quit daily!

Pros

Easy job

Cons

No work no customers bad work environment

Good & Bad aspects

It’s a good company but I would not go into this company thinking it’s your forever home. Forcht has several areas in need of improvement. Their response to COVID was questionable with prolonged issues within the company. It’s unfortunate but there is this unsaid culture of needing to be liked by the “right” people in order to have a successful/happy career due to management allowing that. Overall I give Forcht a 6/10. Not the worst but not the best.

Pros

Effort to show employee appreciation, good benefits

Cons

Questionable response to COVID-19 by management

No culture

Yikes. Don’t do it. The CEO will cram his political views down your throat, and if you complain, you WILL get fired. I saw a market president scream at a branch manager in the parking lot. Horrible company that turns a blind eye to the ridiculousness that’s happening within their company. How there hasn’t been a lawsuit, I’ll never know.

Pros

Going home at the end of the day

Cons

The wait to go home

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

This place is a great place for men but hates women. Terrible managers and management. Horrible response to COVID.

I have been here Many years with no recognition and I can’t wait to get out. Women are told to smile more and have been told by management that larger women can’t wear what skinnier women can. My manager hasn’t worked a full day since last year and is given special treatment while I work and am asked to give up vacation days. Please please find somewhere decent to work. Management, hours and pay is awful! They have horrible training and turn over.

Pros

Weekends off healthcare free flu shots

Cons

Pay for women management work hours

Great minus advancement

Great place to work. Works well with families issues. Easy to work for. Pay isnt thr fairest scale. Advancement is encouraged but then take away before anyone can try to better themselves.

Teller Line/Customer Service

Typical day at work included NUMEROUS jobs other than just doing customer transactions. We were expected to receive phone calls, do balancing reports on outages; cash vault, open accounts and all maintenance to accounts for customers such as address, phone number, reg e disputes and debit card maintenance; safe deposit box records. Had to keep files in order for surprise audits annually.

Pros

Could go to the bathroom as needed

Cons

Always short handed.

This company cares!

I have never worked for a company that truly cares about the employees like Forcht Bank does. If you have interest in advancing, they will do whatever they can to help you. If you have issues at all management is open and willing to discuss and resolve. The effort you put in is noticed, so if the effort isn’t there neither will the recognition. But if you work hard you will be rewarded!

Pros

Hours, atmosphere, teamwork

Cons

None!

Former Employee

Management thought we all needed to be best friends. If we didn't participate in events after work, not getting paid, I was not a team player. Manager had her favorite and would spend most of the day in her office talking. Management never talks to you in person about what you did wrong, instead would tell someone else to tell you. I would not recommend working for Forcht Bank.

Pros

Hours

Jobs at Forcht Bank

See more jobs

Position

They promised advancement and never gave it. You work hard to get a better position and it never happens. This was call center not the actual bank itself.

Voted best places to work 4 years running

Started as a part time teller. Quickly advanced into supervisor positions and within 4 years managed a branch. I’ve had great mentors and continued training. The company is committed to the community and encourages employees to be involved. I’ve worked hard but have been rewarded well. If you’re willing to put in the effort, this company will invest in your career. I would recommend this company as a long time employer.

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

Great place to work but hard to advance

I loved working there and I loved the people I worked with but there was such a high turnover that I could never manage to get out of the branch for a day and go to a training class to learn something new

Great place to work!

Great place to work! Enjoyable environment! They actually care about their employees! Great Benefits! You are often awarded for your efforts with acts of appreciation including free lunches!

Great Company

Great place to work, friendly associates and management. All willing to listen to ideas for improvement and provide feedback. Understanding of life commitments.

Pros

work and life balance

Cons

nothing

Great community with wonderful customers

Co-workers and customers are wonderful. Just feel there is no room for advancement. Benefits are good. Goals and incentives are harder to achieve each year and computer program has many issues affecting customer service.

Benefits

Cons

Lack of advancement opportunities.

Fun place to work, salary is aweful

Aweful pay with a low bonus. Bonus is yearly rather than quarterly. Stressful when job responsibilities are easy. High turn over rate. Hard to move up inside bank.

Cons

Benefit/ incentive is yearly and salary is low

No Bueno

Some individual branches are better than others, but overall organization and leadership is sub-par. It is made very apparent that branch staff are basically irrelevant as humans, and the only think that matters to senior is the bottom like and how cheaply they can pay their staff.

Could be long work night if ther is a hard time balancing the accounts

I greet route drivers that delivered bank checks and statements . Check to insure the credit and debit amounts from each teller's drawer is correct. Process and send them to the federal reserve.

Pros

longs nights

Cons

great place to work

Great company

I am a huge fan of Forcht Bank employment...It was encouraging, gave plenty of opportunity for advancement and was a positive, Christian environment. We were treated well and well trained.

Each day, show up and kill the task thats provided. Great place to work, lovely people. Put in a hard days work. Advancement optional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forcht Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Forcht Bank