Ford Audio Video Employee Reviews

Ford AV
AV Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 19, 2019
Most of the time I traveled when I worked at Ford AV. I would leave to get on a plane Monday morning and fly to the job I was going to work at for the week or sometimes I would be there for two. We usually worked 10 to 12 hour days when we worked out of town because we didn't have anything else to do after work. I learned most of everything on how to install all audio and video equipment. I have installed thousands of TVs. Installed thousands of speakers. I have learned some programming of devices that we would install.
Productive good working experience
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2018
Working at Ford Av was a good working experience, not only that it was a place were a learned new things in a short amount of time. The projects I've worked on for example, Conoco Phillips. At Conoco I had the learning experience to install sound masking, screens, tv mounts and much more. Personally I recommend people to work with Ford AV if they are interested in them.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
low communictaion
traveled 100% of the workweek
Installation technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 27, 2018
Stayed in hotels Mon - Friday and had to wake up at about 3 a.m. to get to work in a different city at 8 am. Even if I had moved up it would have been hard to settle down. I decided to go to college to work like the engineers who get to stay at the office.
Pros
decent pay, pretty fun
Cons
hotel life, unhappy coworkers
Very fun job
Lead Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 6, 2018
Got learn a lot about setting up and running sound equipment. Built all kinds of speaker boxes and sound boards. Always working in different locations for a extended time. Got to meet entertainers.
Pros
Fun Job
Cons
no insurance
Great for experience
n/a (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2018
If you have little experience, then I do recommend Ford because they will give you a good resume, but the environment is very strict otherwise. They have a tremendous amount of written policies, but in reality they change daily. Office morale is usually low and efforts are limited and highly restricted to do anything to change it.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Underpaid, no voluntary raises/promotions, EXCESSIVE paperwork (onboarding is like 2 in thick).
Over all a good place
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 24, 2018
This is a good place to work, I struggled with the management, but beyond that the Job was really good and you had opportunity to advance. My co-workers really made working there great, but like I said management was my overall reason for leaving. I do believe that has changed though.
Very micro management environment
ACCOUNT MANAGER - SOUTH TEXAS BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 19, 2018
The company has a propensity to say they have processes in place that allow a sales person to find opportunities and then hand them off to other support functions, however my personal experience is that might be reality as an associate that works within a regional office but in emerging markets this support is non existent.

Unfortunately as a "Sole" entity in a non support market means you have to beg and plead to get opportunities thru the system (sometimes longer than a month to get a customers proposal completed) with daily extensive personnel chasing to ensure anything is even happening.

I personally found that my job duties were not exclusive to developing opportunities, but assisting in customer service, project installs and warranty service, post install customer training etc....leaving very little time to cultivate new opportunities.
Pros
Great Industry Reputation
Cons
No sales support, non competetive pricing, extreme micro management
Poor Management & Work Culture
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  CorporateMarch 4, 2018
Successful company that is financially stable. It is a Case Study for Micromanagement in every way. Refer to Glassdoor reviews by others, it provides a broad picture of what working for this company is about.
Pros
Highly regarded in industry - Financially Stable
Cons
Poor Leadership/Management and Work Culture
Sucks
Job Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2018
Don't want to publicly bash the company. Many good employees there. I must say I did learn quite a bit and met some very nice people. the turnover is really high.
Pros
Some good employees
Cons
The job period!
Great AV Integrator
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 10, 2018
They are a great well run company. You don't get to be one of the largest AV companies in the world by being bad! They are able to train up individuals into roles which is hard in our industry.
Very disappointed
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2018
I had high expectations when I started with this company, but became disillusioned by the total chaos I encountered. Management cannot organize anything. My first day there one of the senior supervisors lit into all the installers about "finding things to do" when they are at the office. ie replacing light bulbs, taking out trash etc. Our installers were great and would gladly do any task, but there was no need for the drill sergeant approach. I told the jerk to do his job and get them out in the field where they belonged. The only thing that keeps that business alive is a lot of great people covering for bad managers, but they don't last long. The good engineers and installers usually go elsewhere. Also, their pay and vacation benefits are among the worst I have encountered.
Pros
Good lunch and learns
Cons
Bad management, pay, and benefits
Great place to work; family friendly; supportive
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2017
I only worked at Ford for a very short period of time but not due to anything having to do with Ford. I loved working for Ford Audio Video and would loved to have continued working here. I had to relocate and was forced to leave this job. I feel if I had gotten to stay here, I would have advanced and been able to make this a life long career. My co-workers and my manager were great people to work with in that they were very supportive and team oriented. Everyone was there to help you succeed in your endeavors and help you to achieve your goals and help you help them. Working for Ford was a great experience.
Pros
Great lunch and learns.
Cons
No vision insurance
Good Place to work
Job Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 24, 2017
Its a great place to work, At times it can get to you but thats with any job. If you like to travel this is the company for you. On average you're on the road for 150+ days.
You will have the opportunity to excell if you are willing to apply yourself
Jobsite Superintendent (Current Employee) –  All over the countryDecember 26, 2016
Learn to become a very good Audio Visual technician and work on some high profile projects while doing so. Full hands on training class given to all technicians and lift and Hilti certifications given every year.
The job sites suck sometimes
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 6, 2016
The job overall was ok. I had some problems with management. I was blamed for things that I didn't do but with me being young and at my first full time job, I didn't know how to defend myself so I didn't challenge some of the accusations. That ultimately led to my demies. If you like installing then it's not a bad job. I don't know how often you can move up in your position because their turnover rate is kind of high to my knowledge.
Ford AV
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TxSeptember 3, 2016
As in every culture of AV, there are challenges, from the newbie, to the experienced, its what we do really. The customization of hundreds of products to work together and do this better than anyone else is the ultimate mission.

Yes, there are internal challenges from time to time, but in all, we take care of our techs and staff. Its not always a perfect fit for everyone, but if you work hard and have a positive attitude, this is the right place.

Ford AV is the best in the industry, not because everyone happens to be perfect, but together we strive as a team in everything we do, and continue to be #1.

If you want to grow, learn, and be apart of the best team in AV, join Ford AV.
Pros
Great positive place to work.
Cons
Not a place for laziness.
Not Good
Audio/Video Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 10, 2016
Ford did not have enough work to keep us all gainfully employed. I was the last one hired, first one let go.
Great
Division Controller (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXMay 18, 2016
It is a great company to start and growth with wonderful culture. i really enjoyed my time here. It was short, but learned a lot
Another typical inbred management family company
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  TXApril 5, 2016
Your coworkers? Awesome.
Your supervisors? Knowledgeable and helpful
The work itself? Lots of fun

Everything else? Bleh

They claim to give you industry standard pay. But that's a joke. Raises are pathetic. Their appreciation for their employees is dismal. They make you review your peers and then turn around and use that as ammunition against them. They weigh the smallest negatives 100 times over any compliments. If you can keep your head really really low maybe you'll be OK. Honestly though, steer clear.

The company claims to "help people communicate", and inside of your first month your peers will reveal to you that Ford has no idea how to communicate amongst itself. Jobs don't have the needed materials on time, or when they do they don't get the necessary labor. Etc etc
Pros
Great peers and immediate supervisors, cool work/projects
Cons
Upper management, low pay, never know where you'll be next week
Provided great opportunities for advancement
Audio/Video Installer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 14, 2015
Working at Ford AV provided a lot of opportunities to grow and advance. They allowed you to control where you went with the company.
Pros
great opportunities
Cons
you had to test at each level of advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ford Audio Video. Our community is ready to answer.