Ford Motor Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,679 reviews matching the search See all 5,089 reviews
No complaints
Agile Anchor (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 18, 2019
I had a fantastic career at Ford. I could not have asked for a better opportunity. Retiring and Relocating.

Ford Offers unlimited career opportunities.
Pros
opportunities;total compensation
Cons
Not
Best learning place both professional and technical
Sr. Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 18, 2019
Regular third party trainings
Demo preps
Retrospective meetings
good desks and facilities
Pros
Standing Desks, ample parking, sports, gyms, cafetaria, work from home
Cons
promotions, favorism
Hardworking
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIFebruary 18, 2019
Build trucks and cars. Working with tools, working production on an assembly line, very fast paced, maintaining a safe work environment, maintaining to build a quality vehicle.
Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 16, 2019
It was a great work space and I loved going to work each day. The only issue was my manager he let me go after 9 months cause "it's just not working out" He then left the company his self a few weeks later. I would love to work there again.
Very hard to be promoted.
Storage Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 16, 2019
A place to retire, not to be promoted. Promotion criteria is more about networking than professional skills. Management doesn't know much about work.
Pros
Tons of days off
Cons
Very hard to be promoted
Challenging workd load requiring multitasking and time management
Regional Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 15, 2019
The Customer Service Manager was challenging but I enjoy multitasking so it kept things interesting on a daily basis. I enjoyed working with my dealer region. The job also provided and opportunity to learn about the technical side of parts and service which I also enjoyed.
Pros
Lunches, team lunches, pot lucks, dressing up for different occasions to keep the envorment fun.
Cons
case load could become excessive.
Currently a challenge
White Castle (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 15, 2019
Direction uncertain, vision without direction, cannot be all things to all people - first mile last mile, needs a mobility partner as they do not have the human nor financial capital to go it alone.

Could be great, might be a disaster. Need to lead and make decisions on markets and technology.
Pros
People and potential
Cons
Execution and strategy
retired (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 13, 2019
People are the best part of the company. The family concept exists but it is a corporation. The work allows you to grow but always be careful with protocol and bringing up ideas at the right time and to who.
fast pace always learning something new
jim falk ford (Current Employee) –  Kahului, HIFebruary 13, 2019
Some employees can be rude and not so polite to customers or workers. Also there is also much lack of communication between employees and others. Not such a fun work environment.
Nice colleges
Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Stockholm, MEFebruary 12, 2019
Worked with parts and repair leader for the mechanic.
Always one step before to have all parts home for the mechanics. Plan all work 2 weeks forward.
Worked with several sparparts program.
Pros
Lunches 1 hour.
Cons
After work
Did not enjoy my experience here
Car Saleperson (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 11, 2019
It was a man's world at the particular car dealership I worked at. The sharks were at the door constantly and I felt like because I was a woman they purposely put my desk at the back. I was hit on by several team members and was very uncomfortable working here. The amount of work I put in did not match the amount I made.
Pros
Cons
All the cons you can think of
Good company but not a good location to work Greenville -SC
Dealer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 11, 2019
The HR Manager and Director do not make discisions in the best interest of the employees. Morale is low, stress level is high and much due to lack of concern of the management team. They like to rotate you into positions you are not interested in working. If you decline working those jobs, you will be terminated. Never worked at a company like this before 👎
Pros
Good company
Cons
Bad location - Greenville SC
Very exciting place to learn and put your knowledge on practice
Electrical Systems Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 10, 2019
During my staying at Ford, I learned to much and knew many capable people that helped me to have an important professional development as an electrical engineer in the automotive industry
Full time
Vending Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHFebruary 9, 2019
Regular hours, very little overtime. Mainly work alone, with very little assistance from management. Work on machines as much as possible and provide constant customer service.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor management
Great place to work if you are content staying put
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 9, 2019
Ford is a secure to company to work for, however if you have aspiration for advancement it is exceedingly difficult to get noticed. If you have that go get em attitude, this company only rewards the few. Very biblical in the sense that many are called, few are chosen. There is less emphasis on hard skills and more on soft skills (after work activities, cronyism). You will find this at other companies, but it is widespread at this one. When you are out of the inner circle, you not only know it, you feel it. Now if you have no aspiration, and you just want a job with no autonomy (lots of rules and decisions being made at high levels) this is your place to work. Great for someone coming out of school that wants to learn. Great American company, but very adverse to risk (115 Years does not come easy)
Pros
Security
Cons
Advancement
Great culture
Product Owner / Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 9, 2019
Working at Ford has been a great experience to date. Exciting and innovative projects, extremely smart and creative people makes for a fun working environment.
Pros
Fun wprk place
Cons
Parking around the facilities
Stressful and negative job culture
Process Coach Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2019
Management pushes supervisors to write people up vs coaching and leading them towards being better professionals and/or providing training and leadership development.
I like it this job
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 7, 2019
I was born in indonesian 51 years ago.Before I work at Mowasalat from 2006 - till 2009 as Supervisor Taxi.
2009 - till now as maintenance Technician in Surabaya East Java Indonesian.
Pros
Free launch
Cons
Short break
Fast paced
Utility Worker in Motor Department (Former Employee) –  Claycomo, MOFebruary 7, 2019
Fast paced can only move up by seniority, but raises were every year. Lots of stuff activity in the plant, ama a whole lot of overtime is mandatory so be ready
Pros
Wages were high
Cons
Drugs everywhere
Busy place always moving.
MP&L Process Coach (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 7, 2019
At this job you are always busy. People call in parts they need and it is your job to make sure they have them. This involve searching for parts and getting fork lift drivers to bring them to the line. You also have line feeders to help bring the smaller parts that are needed.
Pros
Team work environment
Cons
Some people don’t like working

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ford Motor Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
52.5K
41.6K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight