Ford Motor Company Employee Reviews

Quick-paced and Great Pay
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MI and Dearborn, MINovember 18, 2017
It's a productive and quick pace place to work. It gives the employee the opportunity to take care of their families. I would have to say that working with the people there are the best part of the job.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long hours away from the family
Work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 17, 2017
Ford Motor company is a great place to be there are many opportunities to move up in the company. One of a kind!! The Hours can be a little harsh but the money is wonderful!
great workplace
Assembly line (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 17, 2017
very laid back job easy work cool place too be great money 'sometimes work can be coming in show on the line most of the time its fast an easy just gotta no what your doin on the line & when your inspecting parts gotta have a great eye for bad parts.
Productive workplace with nice people as coworkers
Warehouse Distribution Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brownstown, MINovember 17, 2017
Although I was only working there for a summer position, I really liked the company culture, where the coworkers got along and helped each other out. It was a lot of work with loading and unloading, but they train you on the machines like the cherry picker, and the managers take their time in ensuring you understand how to do things the best way possible. I would still work there if they would have had an open position for me.
Pros
coworkers and pay and overtime
Cons
no long term position available. Hard to get in.
Productive and fun
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MINovember 17, 2017
I was a Maintenance Supervisor in charge of a production area along with facilities. My Day consisted of making sure my team was working in an efficient and safe manner and making sure that the production lines were our priority.
Very rewarding
Sheet Metal Worker (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 16, 2017
While we are selling Ford Motor cars, times are great! Everyone benefits and wins. When times are slow, layoffs are inevitable. My job was not hard at all. It was well worth my time.
Very productive and a great learning experience
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MINovember 16, 2017
Always be on time and stay focus on the task ahead and everything will go smoothly. I had a great experience when I worked at Ford, always been a childhood dream and still is. Hoping for another chance in the future to continue to work with the Ford Motor Company family.
Pros
Some jobs gave you a hour long break which helps on a long day
Cons
The breaks are short, never enough time to enjoy your meal
Can't Get anything done
Powertrain Integration Management FCG (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 16, 2017
In product development it is impossible to get anything done. There are a thousand approvals, checks and sign offs to go through before even menial things can be done. Even getting internet access at a new building can take weeks.
Pros
Ha!
Cons
Where do I start?
fun place
Executive to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INNovember 16, 2017
this company was a wonderful management. I learned a lot and gained good knowledge. i learned different language in computer, work place culture was good. i enjoyed a lot in this company , as a sharepoint adninistrator i gained good network operating.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Ok job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 15, 2017
Good job for quick cash not the long run. Managers some are good some are horrible. Very old school not very progressive company. If you need a job you can make money quick and leave here it is.
Fast paced and competitive
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2017
Hours are not sure....safety is always an issue on the job... must be alert and clear as to your surroundings. Be always alert for danger zones that promote accidents such as leaky roofs and puddles of water on the floors from the rain... gas fumes and dust are issues if you have breathing problems ...i suggest wearing a mask to cover nose and mouth.
Pros
Off every friday day shift
Cons
Management does not provide support to new employees need a union representative
Productivity
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 15, 2017
The same repetitive motions all day, not to stop the line and that attention to detail and safety is very important in the workplace.
The hardest part of the job is to get the line speed down and be able to accurately do your job.
Workplace Culture is something you just learn after working there for a while.
Management is not union so they just care about production and thats all
Pros
Free benefits and a Union
Cons
Management is not part of the union
back breaking
LINE ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 15, 2017
The company wants someone that will come in everyday, never complain. The work is back breaking but once you break your back they will let you go. They have high expectations of you but they wont take care of you if you are not a permanent employee.
High strung place to work made money not friends
Machinist Operator (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MINovember 15, 2017
The paycheck was nice and i had a decent job there but the shift I was on (midnights) didn't give me much of a life with my fiance. When she got home from work, I had to leave. It became too much and the commute was an hour one way. It was taxing on both my fiance and I.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Strict policies
Great Place to Work
Manufacturing Team Member (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MINovember 14, 2017
There are to many Managers that are not on the same page
Majority of hours spent standing, lifting, bending and walking
Can get REALLY HOT in the summer months
Line is constantly moving
Pros
Paid Vacations, Great Pay for Non-Degree Holders
Cons
Communication within Management to Employees, Shift bumps, Work is bad on your body
Tremendous company to work for
Metrology Technician for Climate Control Division (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 14, 2017
A blue oval company. Need I say more. A super company to work for.
Offered terrific advancement opportunities in addition to paid tuition. Always looked forward to entering this workplace
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
No cons!
not a bad place to work for the most part.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 14, 2017
too many layoffs, hours up and down, you work crazy hours with no AC in the summer. hard on the body. ...................................................
Great Company
Tool Coordination Manager (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 12, 2017
Worked in a shop environment that was clean, well lite, and safety was always important.
Was able to implement new scheduling techniques without significant resistance to change.
there's no structure. it's a free for all
Technician (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GANovember 12, 2017
hard to learn and make a paycheck. no structure, management just react to sitation instead of being proactive. day by day its least enjoyable to work there.
Pros
its relax environment
Cons
no structure
Good Working Atmosphere
Project Engineer-Analytical Calibration (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 12, 2017
Supervisors is very friendly and its a good place to work . its a very employee friendly company .
Will recommend strongly for others to join this company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ford Motor Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2