Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Company insights

Based on 1,445 survey responses
What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Repaired automotive electronics

As a Ford factory trained technician, my duties were but not limited to diagnosis and repair of a vehicles electronic engine controls. The dealership.

Pros

Fellow employees, Training

Cons

Production like enviroment. Get them, get them out.

Great place to work when I was in Saline, MI. Made excellent money, amazing benefits and retirement.

Ford was my second family. I had a great experience! Excellent pay, benefits and retirement for workers. The only problem I feel that I had experienced, when it came time to decide on taking the buyout vs. relocating, I was definitely mislead by my own union reps. Sadly, I made the decision to take the buyout as many did. Commuting on the road for 3 hours a day or relocating was not an option for me being a single parent.

Pros

Excellent benefits, wages, retirement, 401k.

Cons

I can't say that there were any cons when I worked at Ford Motor Company.

Bad

The culture at ford is okay the people arnt very nice been here 7 yrs management treats you like you unhuman the work is long and hard and the people arnt very friendly

Pros

Money

Cons

Take every ounce of your body

Uncertainty about what job you will be doing from day to day

Unfair pay to skilled and reliable workers Unfair shift changesShort , unscheduled breaksNo guarantee of full working hours Payroll errors Disrespectful leadership

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Good

A little old school in the way things are organized. But, pretty laid back in terms of work life balance. New innovative programs are in the pipeline and exciting to work as an engineer.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Work life balance was horrible

Horrible, work life balance non existent. If your good at what you do they will abuse you. Upper management makes call on promotions not realizing what is really going on the floor.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Good benefits but pay not keeping up with inflation.

Pay has been stagnant for far too long. Yes the benefits are good, however, with no pay increases and the cost of living increasing it will be hard to justify the mental and physical strain of the assembly line.

Pros

Decent pay Excellent benefits 3 shifts Union job security

Cons

Weak union Top pay not increasing Poor management Physically and mentally stressful You are a number, not a person

Okay job with good benefits

Decent pay,supervisors pick favorites.Union reps are for the company and not the union. Benefits are good. Pay is decent. 4 day work week, holidays paid off and vacation after 1 year.

Pros

4 day work week

Cons

Supervisors

great opportunity for growth

no lack of work. enjoyed my colleagues interesting work. challenging. always leave on time. aome supervisors are just waiting for retirement.

Pros

good work environment

Cons

cog in a wheel

Productive good people to work with

building prototype vehicles to think on my ownmanagement gave you a job and never came back till you called themHardest part where you had to change what you were doing for engineeringto see the first of a kind vehicle years before production

Pros

Good benefits great hours, Management let you work and think on your own. Not standing behind you. Telling you what to do.

Cons

none that I can think of

A great place to work - good working conditions, great people.

A great place to work - busy and vibrant with restaurant facilities that were of a very high standard. An inclusive environment working among many talented and experienced people.

Pros

Excellent facilities.

Cons

None.

Great pay and benefits

I work at Livonia transmission work is easy mostly sitting down 80% of the day, management can be very annoying at times but as long as you show up and do your work you’ll be fine.

Pros

Pay, benefits, paid holiday

Cons

Management not so great

Decent pay but no room for advancement

I’ve been in the same position for almost 4 years and hardly ever see anyone get promoted from within. Pay is good but customers are rude and impatient.

Good company to work for

I loved working here. Great work culture.Company worries for you. You learn a lot because the company has a lot of expererience designing and building cars

Pros

Great company. You learn a lot, workmates help you any Time. Great career path

Cons

Slow growth, at least in my department.

Makes you money

Managers can be demeaning. They don’t want you taking your lunch breaks as you will miss calls. They don’t have an organized fashion in which the distribute customers. Those who sit in the front, get the deals

Cons

You don’t have a life

Lots of opportunities

In the warehouse there are a lot of hours, the UAW get to run the shop, unfortunately, that leads to management being forced to keep on bad actors and ultimately turns good workers into middle of the road/ low performers.

Pros

Pto

Cons

Uaw

Routine:

There is no similar days , no boring days ! Exciting and hardworking.Ford lives In My heart, I definitely love to go back to this amazing environment.I hope to have an opportunity again.

Pros

No boring routine

Cons

Stressing high level

Fast paced

If you are good at your job and allow it to happen, you will be overworked. Not a fair distribution of people to work in product development. A lot of people are helpful, which is really nice. But you need to know who to ask to find out who does what. No one will teach you your job, you’ll learn it on your own.

Pros

Good benefits Working hard will get you noticed by management Comp time available

Cons

Rarely paid for overtime for salaried You will work 60 hour weeks

Busy and productive

I liked working here it was a busy environment and it was easy to help around when it was needed. The work is repetitive and easy to adapt to and learn.

Work here as a temp if you wanna waste 4+ years of your life

Been a temp for nearly 4 years now. Contract states they have to hire you with 2 years of continuous service. Good luck seeing that. You’ll be laid off 30 days and come back and have to start over. Unless you’re extremely young and have all the time in the world to play games and wait, I highly recommend you avoid working as a temp with this company. Scumbag move on their part.

Pros

Ease of work. A monkey could work here.

Cons

Everything besides easy work.

did not like working for them..

they were rude and would find little things to pressure you about.Would get out at closing Time and they never made sure I got to my car safely... never again

Pros

n/a

Cons

pay

Common questions about Ford Motor Company

Answered by current and former employees at Ford Motor Company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ford Motor Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ford Motor Company.
Powered byComparably