Ford Motor Company
Happiness rating is 67 out of 100

Ford Motor Company Employee Reviews in Kansas City, MO

It is good money, but there is a reason... this work isn't for everyone. Mundane repetitive work. The people are strong union members and happy to help newcomers.
if you don't own a ford its- if you like walking this is awesome its ok place to work it beats a blank and unemployment.
Pros
weekly pay, some friendly co-workers
Cons
lots of walking if you don't own a ford
It’s ok. Good pay and benefits. Downtime good. People getting promoted are not the best. Mandatory overtime. Enjoyed building the trucks. Worked a lot of breaks without compensation
management was terrible, care only for bottom line, not employees health or wellbeing. you meet some good people at ford but the job is pretty monotonous. Pay and benefits were good.
Pros
Pay
Cons
You will work 10 to 12 hour shifts 6 days a week, you will be a part of a union (UAW) that will force there political belief on you... if u speak out against something the union does u will be "black listed" (won't represent you)... management will actively try to get you fired they will instruct you to do something then lie about telling you to do it... the company hates you for being union and the union will embezzle your union dues for personal expenses and lobbying for political that you don't agree with.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
Literally everything else
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
If you like being told that you are horrible at your job and told to quit by your superior, this is the job for you. All of this takes place while you are actually performing well in your position! Run, don't walk away from this company!
It is a job where you will work long hours four to five days a week, and alot of mandatory overtime days. Pay is okay for the work. Doing this job for a long time will wear your body down.
The work environment is crazy. You have a couple people friendly but most people are mad. Managers don’t know how to do their job. I would never recommend someone to work or buy a ford vehicle. The pay is ok but that’s the only thing keeping people there. The place is depressing. Do not work at ford motor company.
Pros
Money
Cons
Long hours, Stupid Management and Long hours
You will end up working your life away you hate your job you hate your life you hate everything you do all you do is work you never sleep and that's the end
I’m a part time temp (TPT), I’ve been there for almost a year now. I see a lot of mixed reviews on here. I’m 19 years old, the work is relatively easy, every now again you’ll get on a harder job which we call “busy jobs” due to constantly having to be up and moving. But lost jobs are simple and easy to do. As a temp your job isn’t secure obviously, just make sure you show up and do your job right, which ever they split you on. You’ll be train properly. Management is okay, you’ll have good and bad supervisors.
Would not ever work there again Workers did not wanna show you anything and expected you too learn it in less than five minutes or they were gonna send me too HR , when I was told I had 3 days too learn, now this was management, on the truck side as he set there and watched me with a smirk on his face I'd rather empty trash than too be treated unfairly so with the lesser hours I began too get , I quit cause it wasn't enough too pay my bills
The work is hard, also the hours can be normal or off putting, but the pay is ok , and for the most part the co workers are ok, management is hit or miss.
Social cliques is an understatment. More like a cult. If you want to do your job and not get involved in drama. This is not the place for you. Social media rules the floor. If a group of coworkers has it out for you they will do anything they can to spread rumors and ruin you. Drugs and alcohol are the life blood of the plant. And dont count on labor relations to help. Not worth the damage to mental health and body.
Pros
Money
Cons
Social media attacks. People who dont do there job and expect you to catch there mistakes
buena compania buen salario buen ambiente laboral lo recomendaria
Great company to work for and grow with. Incentives and profit share bonuses almost every year. Great Benefits as well. No one's benefits will compare!
Prepare family and friend for the amount of hours you’ll have to work and for the extended recovery time once shifts are completed. This is a job centered around compensation (outstanding pay & benefits) and it will take toll on you physically and could effect family life without understanding from loved ones.
Production overruled everything even safety. Production management focused on running. Consequently, the same downtime issues popped up consistently.
Fast paced work environment, lots of problem solving techniques required, enjoyable people to be around. Management can be a bit tough, but it's because they're quality driven.
The pay and benefits are great, the work environment not so much. Literally doing the same thing over and over again 500 times a day. It's hard on your body, it's so monotonous, all there is to do is be inside your own head.
Benefits
Cons
Mind numbingly boring
As management its hard to hold people accountable for their actions due to the strength of the union. First place I have ever worked where the hourly do not use a timecard system.
Pros
good money
Cons
Hard to get employees motivated
Terrible job and bosses but it provides for my family. Long hours. Dirty. My personal job is very physically demanding and takes a toll on the body. I have a bad knee and both wrists have carpal tunnel in them and I still have 20 more yrs to go
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Monotonous never ending work