Ford Motor Credit Employee Reviews

n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 22, 2018
its a good place to work for only thing if in texas and want to move up in company will have to relocate people there have been there for over 10 years and moving up at that location is hard
Agency Employee
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 21, 2018
My review of FMCC is based on my experience as an agency employee. My ratings would be different if I were a direct hire with this company. My comments should be based on that status.
A typical day
Customer Service Representative/Collections (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 14, 2018
A good place to work. Office only had about 25 reps Ford gave us tolls to o a good job backed by rock solid training. I was allowed to travel a lot and work at a Canadian office at 1 point.
Pros
Quality position
Cons
Had to relocate to promote
Productive environment - conservative
Discounting Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 29, 2018
High Mission and Values; Exceptional Integrity and work ethics.
Work expectations are high
Consistency in training
Diverse culture
Fun place to work
Pros
Good insurance; great variable incentive plan
Cons
Promotional opportunities limited
Location ( New Orleans ) was fun.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 24, 2018
Calling and collecting money, repo, and calling some more. I learned that repo work was not for me. Mgt was ok. Culture very stressful. the hardest part was taking cars for good people who just couldn't pay for them.

I liked the flex hours.
Pros
not many
Cons
Dangerous Job and the stress.
great energy, fun friendly
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 20, 2018
Responsible for 300 1st party charged-off accounts.Provide customers with customer service and problem resolution. Investigated, researched and resolved various issues with accounts. Clerical duties were response to repossession, refunds, notification, and repo preparation. Responded to customers’ needs in Spanish or in English via telephone.
Pros
everything was great about working at Ford
Cons
lowered bonus
Good Experience
Customer Service Representative, Collections (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJApril 12, 2018
This was my first job after graduating from college. I worked in the collections department for Ford. I was responsible for calling delinquent customers to attempt to get the accounts up to date. I also scheduled cars to be repossessed when the customers were uncooperative. This business was good at building valuable relationships.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Long commute
Relaxed call center environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 11, 2018
After logging in a high volume of calls waiting in the queue which keeps you busy at a steady pace. Everyday was a different experience because each call was to be handled differently.
work
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 10, 2018
a typical work day
what i learned
workplace culture
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
why do i have to do this
this is crazy
It was over a good place to work
custmoer service rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 26, 2018
It was over 15 years ago since I worked there so it's hard to review something that was so long ago. From what I can remember it was over all a good place to work.
Company
COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 24, 2018
Ford is a great place to work, however, if you are an employee who is or maybe faced with illness, Ford is not a great company when it comes to this. They will terminate you for this, and it has become very ugly with employees and employees doctors and the release dates of the employer. This is not a good thing at all. This is the hardest part about working for Ford. All managers should not be managers at this company, some do not know how to manage the teams that are assigned to them, they have no integrity or respect for employees, which can make the daily duties of the call center very difficult (there are different departments within the company, so the duties and your work day vary). The people are great
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Work Shifts, Bonuses
Cons
No tolerance for extended illness
Call Center with Mostly Great Management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 20, 2018
I've worked at the company for some time now and I really enjoy it. The work culture is great and so is most of the management. They have an open door policy so you can speak with most levels of management freely. Advancement to management can be tough but there are many phone related positions and annual raises that don't make the occasional lack of advancement drag. The shear number of vacation hours given to you is amazing. However, the request time off policy is based on service level and although requesting time off for the future is easy to have approved, short notice request are more difficult.
Very detail and fast pace.
Account Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 19, 2018
Get there, log in computer and phone. Process Payments and payoffs for Portfolios. Setup Portfolios for Dealerships by keying data for each vehicle (vin#, price). work return checks and reconcile general ledgers.
Ford
Customer Service Specialist & Floor Plan Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHMarch 10, 2018
Ford Motor Credit was my first job out of college. The income was excellent the hour were bad. The world of Ford allowed my to move three times. Great discounts on cars.
Ford
REVAL Administrator / Wall Street Suite Developer (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 7, 2018
Great place to work, the members in our department works together as a team. I have received a lot training and support. I would recommend working here.
Work was good at Ford Credit
Loss Prevention/Lease Terminations (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 28, 2018
Took inbound and outbound calls when I was in collections. Educated customers on their accounts. took payments. put vehicles out for repossession. When in Lease Terminations we worked with Dealerships to get termination paper work, figure wear and tear and over mileage and who was supposed to pay, get vehicles to the auction in a timely matter to sell
Pros
Great benifites and bonus
Cons
Micro Managed
Learned alot of new skills working there
Discounter (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJFebruary 27, 2018
When I started for Ford Motor Credit I was a payoff clerk. Throughout my time working there I was offered many different promotions such as cashier, switchboard operator, discounter and wholesale clerk. It was an awesome working environment and I don't regret any moment of my time there.
Pros
Multiple room for advancement, Excellent Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Excellent Company to work for early on in career after college.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 23, 2018
Learned all aspects of auto lending from application process to funding, wholesale auditing, collections, customer service , repossessions, loss accessments etc
Not a bad place to work!
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 22, 2018
Liked working there, my job changed multiple times while employed ...but it was nicer than staying in the same position the entire time! I would definitely recommend it.
Awful job. Poor training and lack of help on the call floor.
High Risk Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 21, 2018
Basic debt collection job. Don't do this unless you like to be yelled at often. There is minimal training to prepare you for the call floor and the large variety of situations you will hear. The software they use is clunky and outdated, and only one screen for a job that needs TWO screens because you use at least 4 programs simultaneously to do the job. Minimal help to solve situations, Team Leads tell you to use the Online Desk Reference to solve situations - because most don't know the answer themselves. Despotic time keeping and NO browsing the net while on the job- even between calls. Must clock in and out ON THE DOT. Everything you do is monitored.
Pros
Higher pay for call center work.
Cons
Unpleasant work, poor software, despotic culture.