Forefront Dermatology Employee Reviews

micro managment
SCS (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIMay 27, 2018
Everyone is really nice, but the work is unfulfilling and doesn't lead anywhere. They hyper manage everyone. The work hours are nice. It's a good company, but it is kind of offensive that they act like all of their employees are out to screw them over.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
low pay, no advancement.
A job that makes you feel better about you
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seymour, INMay 25, 2018
Forefront is a great place to learn may different aspects of the medical field in both a clinical and surgical setting. There is always something to be learning to help advance your knowledge in the medical field.
Pros
luches from drug reps, being shown appreciation for your hard work
Cons
having to travel to multiple locations
Love this place!!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Crest Hill, ILMay 25, 2018
I've been working here for a bit, and I can say I love it! I love the work and being able to help our patients. The hours are nice and so are the benefits.
Forefront Dermatology is a good place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 23, 2018
Employment at Forefront Dermatology offers many benefits including health, vision, dental, life insurance, disability insurance, 401K. There has always been yearly reviews with merit raises. It offers a fast paced work environment, which I enjoy. Co-Workers and Providers are very nice and caring.
Pros
Good benefits; Nice Staff
Great place to work!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Crest Hill, ILMay 22, 2018
I really enjoy working here. The staff is great and friendly. The work is fast-paced and there is always something to do so you're never bored! I am constantly challenged and learn new things. I also really enjoy the benefits.
Excellent career!
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 22, 2018
Forefront is a great company to be employed by. It is very rewarding to see staff and patients pleased with their services. I love the thoroughness and quick responses from management. Everyone continuously works as a team to overcome excellent patient care.
Pros
Variety of locations, great customer care, company suited for all your dermatology needs
Cons
Phone service/scheduling
Great team atmosphere
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Crest Hill, ILMay 8, 2018
Forefront Dermatology provides employees with many opportunities of growth within the company. We have an amazing team who work together to provide our patients with excellent care. Management is caring,
understanding, and lead by example. Truly a professional environment.

Additionally, Forefront offers great benefits. Definitely a workplace, long term career option to consider!
Pros
Work environment, benefits, opportunities
Was an okay place to work
MEDICAL ASSISTANT / DERMATOLOGY TECH (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 8, 2018
I enjoyed my fellow employees, but some physicians would belittle you. Supervising nurse was kind but looked down upon you until you became friends with her. The length and quality of training was inconsistent( ex: some people trained 2 months, some people trained 1 week). All trainers taught differently,
Corrupt at best--Almighty Dollar Rules
just another number (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIMay 4, 2018
All this place is about is the Executives, Investors, and Doctors making money. They don't care about the patients, they do everything they can to squeeze every penny out of anyone who comes in for care, every employee is just a number and they only like the ones that are making them money. Team Leads and managers have no idea what they are doing, there is little to no communication, lack of processes, and only certain people have to follow the rules. I would not recommend this company to anyone looking for a job or even as a patient. I have seen so many questionable things happen in so many aspects. I cannot wait to find another job! This place got too big for its britches too quickly and it is a complete circus. Corporate is a complete joke.
Dermatology Office
Front Office Coordinator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 1, 2018
I have worked for this company for over a year and a half and have went above and beyond in order to excel and advance. I have perfect attendance and in this time I have seen a lot of employees come and go. The turn over rate is extremely high.
Pros
Working with the public
Cons
turn over rate with employeees
Low Moral
Medical Concierge Phone Triage (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIApril 27, 2018
Doing task clinics and doctors should be doing themselves. You are told to do as much as you can, so he doctors don't have to do anything. Poor leaders that make you feel like you can't do your job right or anything at all. Talked down to, where many thinggs could be teaching moments as you are learning, you are made to feel as though you screwed up, now fix it. Never once received a good job after training or even a sincere thank you without it being condescending or illegitimate. Many, many things you are told are contradicted in another thing you are talked down to for.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor moral, power hungry managers, long hours, course overload.
A great working environment
Histotechnologist (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIApril 17, 2018
I have been working for Forefront Dermatology as a Histotechnologist for almost 3 years now. This is a great lab to work in because you rotate each work in different benches thus giving you a chance to master your techniques, craft, and skills as a lab tech. I truly believe that management has great organizational skills and knows how to train their employees well. They're always willing to answer your questions no matter how silly you may think they are. The lab director is the most easy-going boss to work for as he is very patient and understanding. A typical work day for first shift includes cutting blocks (biopsies and excisions), special stains (hand stains and Ventana), cutting special orders for the pathologists for IHC, special stains, and re-cut deepers for H&E, and Direct Immunofluorescent Stains. The lab is very organized and clean and have a great system for a routine histology lab. They are up to date on all lab equipment to eliminate errors and will always have them maintained and fixed by professional engineers when needed.
Overall, this is a great working environment. You will never get bored as there are always things to do and this is the only lab that I have worked in that rotates their techs in every bench weekly. Coworkers are wonderful to work with- we are a team always willing to help each other out no matter how busy we all get. They pay their lab employees very well and we know we are appreciated as they let us know from time to time that we are doing an exceptional job. The pathologists are all very nice, too, and are always there when you have questions/concerns.
Pros
Organized workflow, training, different benches, pay, AWESOME management
Cons
cold weather
Fast-paced enviroment, challenging - but worth it
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIApril 11, 2018
This company is constantly growing, which can be good and bad at times. The work environment is very fast paced due to the growth. It can be challenging, but it is worth it. There hasn't been a single time where I felt bored, my days fly by and I have never dreaded coming to work.

Management is easy to get along with and they are open to your ideas and appreciate feedback. They are flexible with your home life obligations and willing to allow you to work around them. If you have a concern, they address it promptly. Your job is what you make it, if you want to grow they'll help you. There is also a lot of departmental collaboration which has always been a positive experience, everyone wants to help when help is needed.

Some days/weeks you have to work extra hours just to keep up with projects. During the holidays it seems to be less busy which works out nice if you want to take vacation. Pay increases haven't seemed to match the extra workload that gets added to your plate. Parking can be a pain in winter, but that's more the city's fault than the company.

Would recommend to anyone who has a strong work ethic and go-with-the-flow personality. You need both in order to be successful here!
Pros
Open to your ideas, flexible
Cons
Insurance could be better
Great place to work !!
N/A (Current Employee) –  PAApril 8, 2018
Great place to work! Like any other job it has it’s pros and cons , who’ve may vary from person to person. I feel with my experience I should have been started off more. However, I have received raised since starting that compensated for that. The manager is great . She is down to earth, very easy to go and talk to. Never makes you feel like you are disposable. She allows flexibility with the schedules (within reason) with not only myself , but all the staff. She is great at her job . Nobody is treated differently. She even does clinical work when she is needed. The doctors are all wonderful. They make you feel as if you are part of a team . I love working here , nobody will be 100% satisfied with the career choice they made and the people they work with ! This is definitely a great group of people !!
Pros
Free lunches sometimes, great managers, flexible schedule
Cons
Healthcare not great . Hours are unpredictable
Don’t Waste Your Time!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 30, 2018
Job is a seriously joke, the providers turn a blind eye to the favoritism that is happening along with the snarky comments that are made by the management. You know it’s bad when you hear the manager talk negatively about other coworkers. The pay was good only things was is that health insurance for one person for a high deductible was over $400/month.
Pros
Lol
Cons
Management, benefits
Fast Paced Ennvironment Flexability is necessary
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 24, 2018
Fast paced environment. In order to work in this atmosphere these aibilities are a must; multi task, oversee and troubleshoot patient needs, and work in a collaborative environment. Flexibility is necessary. I loved and feel I was strong in these areas. Strong Communication skills are a must. I would like to see how I can expand in the things I have learned in a new position.
Pros
friendly environment, overtime, parking paid by the company
Great place to work!
LPN (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIMarch 3, 2018
I love everything about the office I work at! I couldn’t ask for a better group of people to work with! The doctor is the sweetest doctor I’ve ever worked with! Everyone is very compassionate and caring when it comes to personal needs!
This company is a joke
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 18, 2018
I’ve worked for this company a year. I constantly have to ask for more shifts. The company considers 30 hours a week fulltime and once you surpass that you are told to leave. They do not want you working 40 hours a week. The company penny pinches and does not provide appropriate training. Offices are never fully staffed due to high turnover. “Team leaders” which are the managers are grossly underqualified and lack experience to appropriately manage the office.

You earn vacation time but never get to use it for vacation since you are forced to either use time or go unpaid if a provider decides to take off for a week.

Just stay away.
Pros
Lots of home time due to forced off
Cons
Poor management
Great work environment
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marquette, MIFebruary 16, 2018
Working at Forefront is not like other medical offices, you’ll see a lot of patients throughout the day so the pace is faster than most are used to. You’ll see a lot in dermatology and can go from treating acne to providing injection training to assisting in surgery all in one day. It’s a very rewarding career if you’re interested in the medical field; the patient’s will be “cured” right before your eyes in most cases.

Working with the other staff (reception, nursing staff, and providers) is always enjoyable, it’s nice to have good coworkers when you spend most of your week working. Providers are friends rather than superiors, as long as you’re respectful and willing to work, the relationship between nurse and doctor/pa is rewarding.

All clinics have an in office lead, and then a regional lead so there’s alway someone to turn to if you’re experiencing any problems.

Opportunities to travel between clinics if you’re not getting hours at your home clinic.
Pros
Staff, office environment, patient base
high turnover, unorganized
CMA (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 5, 2018
suppose to be full-time, but was lucky to get 30 hours per week, unhappy atmosphere, work schedule changed day to day.
too many chiefs!
too little training, employee favorites.
Cons
Micromanaged

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forefront Dermatology. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight