Forefront Dermatology Employee Reviews

Management is not good at all
Clinical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 10, 2018
I worked here for 2 years and I'm not sure how I lasted that long. The management treated their staff and myself included like we were disposable. Questions about basic tasks get funny looks if asked. Just not a good work environment, let alone a decent work/life balance.
Absolutely toxic
MA/LPN (Former Employee) –  MarquetteAugust 28, 2018
The pace is fast to the point breaks cannot be taken, almost daily. Schedules are overbooked on a routine basis which leads to much longer days, and an environment that could easily lead to errors -in turn compromising patient and employee safety.
Staff is unprofessional, immature, and collaboration is non-existent. “Leadership” put in place does not know how to lead, manage or support.
Providers are variable. Some are pleasant enough to work with, others, not at all.
Some of the job duties are beyond scope of practice. There is opportunity to learn because if not, employees cannot function. Much of this learning is left to the employee due to a lack of orientation or training.
I resigned due to these factors for a safer, healthier work environment and to protect my license.
Pros
Negligible
Cons
All listed below
Stay as far away from forefront as possible
RN (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIAugust 7, 2018
This company excels at only one thing - micromanaging. Its exhausting, overbearing and suffocating. They go through employees at an alarming rate (many don't make it out of training) and instead of looking into their own tactics as an issue, they place blame on the employees, many whome hold higher credentials than the trainer. NEVER WORK FOR A COMPANY WITH A HIGH TURNOVER RATE. Accept a position with this company at your own risk. I repeat, stay away at all costs.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
This internship was only bad because of the people. You could have a different experience.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INAugust 7, 2018
The doctors in the office I worked in were arrogant and made you feel like dirt. There was no communication to the interns on anything. You start the day filling the rooms with medical supplies before you start with patients. With patients, you fill out their charts and gather info for the doctor/NP/PA so they can diagnose the patient. The doctor will speak with the patient as you take notes on what the doctor is saying and add it to the patients chart. Overall, not a bad job if the doctors didn't make you feel like dirt.
I love Forefront Dermatology
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 26, 2018
I am looking for a position to where I can have 40 plus hours and am able to advance. Forefront is the great in every aspect, doctors and co workers.
Pros
Free lunches, safe work environment, professional staff and great physicians.
Cons
Hard to get 40 hours
Great coworkers
CMA (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIJuly 19, 2018
I loved the Doctors I worked with and the great majority of the people I worked with. I loved the teamwork with Forefront Dermatology. A typical day included taking great care of patients while sharing a good laugh or two with the doctor to keep things light.
micro managment
SCS (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIMay 27, 2018
Everyone is really nice, but the work is unfulfilling and doesn't lead anywhere. They hyper manage everyone. The work hours are nice. It's a good company, but it is kind of offensive that they act like all of their employees are out to screw them over.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
low pay, no advancement.
A job that makes you feel better about you
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seymour, INMay 25, 2018
Forefront is a great place to learn may different aspects of the medical field in both a clinical and surgical setting. There is always something to be learning to help advance your knowledge in the medical field.
Pros
luches from drug reps, being shown appreciation for your hard work
Cons
having to travel to multiple locations
Love this place!!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Crest Hill, ILMay 25, 2018
I've been working here for a bit, and I can say I love it! I love the work and being able to help our patients. The hours are nice and so are the benefits.
Forefront Dermatology is a good place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 23, 2018
Employment at Forefront Dermatology offers many benefits including health, vision, dental, life insurance, disability insurance, 401K. There has always been yearly reviews with merit raises. It offers a fast paced work environment, which I enjoy. Co-Workers and Providers are very nice and caring.
Pros
Good benefits; Nice Staff
Great place to work!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Crest Hill, ILMay 22, 2018
I really enjoy working here. The staff is great and friendly. The work is fast-paced and there is always something to do so you're never bored! I am constantly challenged and learn new things. I also really enjoy the benefits.
Excellent career!
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 22, 2018
Forefront is a great company to be employed by. It is very rewarding to see staff and patients pleased with their services. I love the thoroughness and quick responses from management. Everyone continuously works as a team to overcome excellent patient care.
Pros
Variety of locations, great customer care, company suited for all your dermatology needs
Cons
Phone service/scheduling
Great team atmosphere
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Crest Hill, ILMay 8, 2018
Forefront Dermatology provides employees with many opportunities of growth within the company. We have an amazing team who work together to provide our patients with excellent care. Management is caring,
understanding, and lead by example. Truly a professional environment.

Additionally, Forefront offers great benefits. Definitely a workplace, long term career option to consider!
Pros
Work environment, benefits, opportunities
Was an okay place to work
MEDICAL ASSISTANT / DERMATOLOGY TECH (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 8, 2018
I enjoyed my fellow employees, but some physicians would belittle you. Supervising nurse was kind but looked down upon you until you became friends with her. The length and quality of training was inconsistent( ex: some people trained 2 months, some people trained 1 week). All trainers taught differently,
Corrupt at best--Almighty Dollar Rules
just another number (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIMay 4, 2018
All this place is about is the Executives, Investors, and Doctors making money. They don't care about the patients, they do everything they can to squeeze every penny out of anyone who comes in for care, every employee is just a number and they only like the ones that are making them money. Team Leads and managers have no idea what they are doing, there is little to no communication, lack of processes, and only certain people have to follow the rules. I would not recommend this company to anyone looking for a job or even as a patient. I have seen so many questionable things happen in so many aspects. I cannot wait to find another job! This place got too big for its britches too quickly and it is a complete circus. Corporate is a complete joke.
Dermatology Office
Front Office Coordinator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 1, 2018
I have worked for this company for over a year and a half and have went above and beyond in order to excel and advance. I have perfect attendance and in this time I have seen a lot of employees come and go. The turn over rate is extremely high.
Pros
Working with the public
Cons
turn over rate with employeees
Low Moral
Medical Concierge Phone Triage (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIApril 27, 2018
Doing task clinics and doctors should be doing themselves. You are told to do as much as you can, so he doctors don't have to do anything. Poor leaders that make you feel like you can't do your job right or anything at all. Talked down to, where many thinggs could be teaching moments as you are learning, you are made to feel as though you screwed up, now fix it. Never once received a good job after training or even a sincere thank you without it being condescending or illegitimate. Many, many things you are told are contradicted in another thing you are talked down to for.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor moral, power hungry managers, long hours, course overload.
A great working environment
Histotechnologist (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIApril 17, 2018
I have been working for Forefront Dermatology as a Histotechnologist for almost 3 years now. This is a great lab to work in because you rotate each work in different benches thus giving you a chance to master your techniques, craft, and skills as a lab tech. I truly believe that management has great organizational skills and knows how to train their employees well. They're always willing to answer your questions no matter how silly you may think they are. The lab director is the most easy-going boss to work for as he is very patient and understanding. A typical work day for first shift includes cutting blocks (biopsies and excisions), special stains (hand stains and Ventana), cutting special orders for the pathologists for IHC, special stains, and re-cut deepers for H&E, and Direct Immunofluorescent Stains. The lab is very organized and clean and have a great system for a routine histology lab. They are up to date on all lab equipment to eliminate errors and will always have them maintained and fixed by professional engineers when needed.
Overall, this is a great working environment. You will never get bored as there are always things to do and this is the only lab that I have worked in that rotates their techs in every bench weekly. Coworkers are wonderful to work with- we are a team always willing to help each other out no matter how busy we all get. They pay their lab employees very well and we know we are appreciated as they let us know from time to time that we are doing an exceptional job. The pathologists are all very nice, too, and are always there when you have questions/concerns.
Pros
Organized workflow, training, different benches, pay, AWESOME management
Cons
cold weather
Fast-paced enviroment, challenging - but worth it
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIApril 11, 2018
This company is constantly growing, which can be good and bad at times. The work environment is very fast paced due to the growth. It can be challenging, but it is worth it. There hasn't been a single time where I felt bored, my days fly by and I have never dreaded coming to work.

Management is easy to get along with and they are open to your ideas and appreciate feedback. They are flexible with your home life obligations and willing to allow you to work around them. If you have a concern, they address it promptly. Your job is what you make it, if you want to grow they'll help you. There is also a lot of departmental collaboration which has always been a positive experience, everyone wants to help when help is needed.

Some days/weeks you have to work extra hours just to keep up with projects. During the holidays it seems to be less busy which works out nice if you want to take vacation. Pay increases haven't seemed to match the extra workload that gets added to your plate. Parking can be a pain in winter, but that's more the city's fault than the company.

Would recommend to anyone who has a strong work ethic and go-with-the-flow personality. You need both in order to be successful here!
Pros
Open to your ideas, flexible
Cons
Insurance could be better
Great place to work !!
N/A (Current Employee) –  PAApril 8, 2018
Great place to work! Like any other job it has it’s pros and cons , who’ve may vary from person to person. I feel with my experience I should have been started off more. However, I have received raised since starting that compensated for that. The manager is great . She is down to earth, very easy to go and talk to. Never makes you feel like you are disposable. She allows flexibility with the schedules (within reason) with not only myself , but all the staff. She is great at her job . Nobody is treated differently. She even does clinical work when she is needed. The doctors are all wonderful. They make you feel as if you are part of a team . I love working here , nobody will be 100% satisfied with the career choice they made and the people they work with ! This is definitely a great group of people !!
Pros
Free lunches sometimes, great managers, flexible schedule
Cons
Healthcare not great . Hours are unpredictable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forefront Dermatology. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight