Forest Grove School District Employee Reviews

Its for the kids!
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORJuly 2, 2018
Some great people to work with. If your wanting to work where you have time with your family during the holidays and summer, then this would be for you.
Very tight-knit community
Director of Human Resources and Equity (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORNovember 9, 2017
Forest Grove School District is in a very small tight-knit community that is very unwelcoming to anyone that might have innovative ways of promoting change and growth. If you are not ready to do it the "Forest Grove Way," they will push you out. The "Forest Grove Way" permeates throughout the district.
Education has changed!
Instructional Aide Special Education (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORAugust 8, 2017
When I started in education 25 years ago, the culture was focused on the individual child. The model has changed and it is driven by the Administration and not the Teaching Staff. Teachers are treated with very little respect as well as micro-managed. This is to keep educators weak and administration strong. Many of the people dictating to teachers have never even been in the classroom long enough to understand what is required to teach a subject. However, they set up these very unreachable expectation on the over worked and understaffed teacher. The focus and power must be given back to teachers; smaller class sizes, less micromanagement, and more support is what will make our schools a much more positive learning environment.
Pros
holidays, summer break
Cons
long hours, micromanagement
A challenging and rewarding career working with today's students and preparing them for a successful post-graduate life.
Paraprofessional assistant / Secretary (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORJuly 2, 2015
I would arrive early for my shift and make sure everything was in order to meet that day's needs. My co-workers were my second family with much mutual respect for one another. Laughter was a staple for a relaxed and competent day at the office. The hardest part of any given day was having to report suspected student abuse and following the state and district measures. The supervisors were wonderful and recognized individual needs and merits. I cherish the positive comments from past students and their families.
Pros
Laughter! Seeing student progress being made. Staff cohesiveness.
Cons
Job stability due to budget issues.
hard worker flexable
Special Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORJune 14, 2015
Elaine is a hard worker and gets along with coworkers. She enjoyes working at the school and enjoys every hurdel overcome by students or staff. Team player and big big cheerleader. Often she calles herself " I am your embassedor to education"
Pros
positive
Cons
doesn't rock boat...keeps opinions to self...but if asked will share
Teaching Staff are passionate about their work with students
HR Secretary (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORMay 26, 2015
Teaching staff goes out of their way to support the students and families. Staff are always trying to find new ways to help the community.
Excellent place to work with kids
Substitute Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORSeptember 3, 2014
I did not do much work with the school district but they were excellent and very hard working. I worked in elementary schools. I liked the special education program they had because it gave the kids their own assistant and the teacher was excellent.
Pros
Teachers, staff, the people in general
Cons
Being on call
Believes all kids can learn
Chair, Board of Directors (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORAugust 27, 2014
Supports learning for all kids from the teachers through administration and leadership
Pros
Impacting the lives of kids daily
Cons
Never enough funding or time to give students all they need
Fun and easy to do job with reasonable rules to follow.
Cafeteria Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORJune 25, 2014
While working there I learned to always be kind to the customers and how to quickly but thoroughly count things as I produced peoples' lunches.
Pros
Free lunches
Great School district and wonderful teachers and students.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORJune 25, 2012
I really enjoyed my time there working with the special needs (although challenging at times) and the mainstream students. I really enjoyed the classroom environment and working in the main office.