Forest Preserve District of Cook County Employee Review

View all Forest Preserve District of Cook County reviews

One job many hats
FINANCE PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2017
My typical day starts at 7:30 am an I usually wall out the door at 5pm. I juggle several different jobs at a time and it can be stressful keeping up with everything. Every day give your best and do your best. I never wonder if I gave it my all I know I did.

Each day I learn to keep fighting and not to take it personal. I have had several different managers and untimely worked well with all. You learn to adjust yourself to people. I wouldn't say it's a hard job but it can be stressful dealing with so many projects at a time.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the public. The Forest Preserves are beautiful and well maintained.
Pros
Loving nature and how it's beeing preserved
Cons
Some people are over utilized while others are under utilized

Other Forest Preserve District of Cook County Employee Reviews

Department not safe for ethical minorities
Professional (Current Employee) –  Cook County, ILDecember 2, 2018
Resource Management department has seen a sharp decline in persons of color compared to 15 years ago, some asked to be transferred, some wound up drowned after doing so. Do not make a protected complaint because you are not really protected
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management and no protection
Team-oriented
Seasonal Recreation Aide (2 seasons) (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILJuly 25, 2018
I enjoyed working on teams with all of my positions with the Forest Preserves. I met a lot of great people, and picked up many new skills. I would recommend working here.
Pros
Working outdoors
Cons
Seasonal only