Forest River, Inc. Employee Reviews

Its different
Shinebay (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJanuary 18, 2019
Hustle to get done cause ull get left behind and one day behind ull never catch up and everyone will be angry cause ur in there station it sucks... I worked close to fast food so lunches were cool I made 15 and hour and at tht time I thought it was alot of money wich is decent but eh... it gets cold especially my job I worked right at the door where they take the units out the yard... some people are not nice dont tell ur business and stay t your self and do ur job ur there to provide not make friends...
Fun place to work good money
Hand recving (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJanuary 17, 2019
It is a really good place to work the people are cool there and the bosses and we all work has a team we go in and get job done that's why we leave 10
A lot of stress
Decaler (Former Employee) –  Centreville, MIJanuary 16, 2019
Always being ordered and yelled at by other lead persons. Told to perform tasks that were not in the job description. It could be very competitive at times.
Very good people to work for.
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJanuary 16, 2019
Like any RV plant departments need attention but overall the week to week consistency and work ethic is at the top. I would work there again without a doubt!
Pros
Great management
Cons
Quick paced!
Lousy management, no fair wages.
Metal Worker (Former Employee) –  Independence, ORJanuary 15, 2019
High stress, expected to do the work of multiple people for extended periods of time. Managers always making it seem like you’re important, but not actually treating you that way.
Pros
Sometimes get to just relax for a few minutes
Cons
Every time you ask for a raise, they give you a very hard time about it.
Like worker (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJanuary 15, 2019
Was one of my favorite jobs. Very quick paced work but sometimes it can be very tedious as well. The pay was awesome and it pays weekly. If you can’t work quick and do your job right then it’s not for you
Not fun cut throat Very hard work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJanuary 13, 2019
“Everyone can be replaced”.That’s what I was told after asking for a raise. I was there 4 years never once did I get a raise. I was always on time. I went the extra mile. Still did not receive one penny.
Pros
Short hours rate job
Cons
Mia treatment can be replaced easily
Productive shop
Valance dept (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJanuary 8, 2019
started work at 5 am read my order for the day built foamed and covered valances with material covered entertainment boards with felt helped the line sometimes with putting an cleaning
Just awful.
Sealer (Former Employee) –  Centreville, MIJanuary 6, 2019
Only ran 2-3 units in an eight hour work day. The supervisor was completely blind to anything going on. Fights broke out a lot, people had no respect. It was a trash place. Luckily, this part of the Viking plant got shut down.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Management, productivity and overall environment.
fast paced and long hours
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJanuary 3, 2019
This was a fun place to work but the hours were too long and there were too many mandatory saturdays felt like i didnt get a lot of free time with this job
Great Work atmosphere.
Electrical (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INJanuary 3, 2019
Enjoyed working there and would love to stay. Just had a lay off. Good wages and Great staff. Always was treated with respect and honesty. I worked morning shift and the coworkers are always nice. Would love to work another Forest River Job a.s.a.p
Pros
pay, hours
Cons
lay off
Strong company
Management, Group Leader, Plant Swing (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, INDecember 10, 2018
Good company. Values Employees. Advancement opportunities. This company understands that when you take care of your employees they take care of the company.
Pros
Great pay. Great hours
Cons
Vacation flexibility
Fast paced working environment, with no care
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INDecember 5, 2018
Fast paced working environment, that sometimes it didn't matter how well you worked or what great of a job you did it wasn't recognized. If you asked for more money you were asked to leave they would find someone to replace you that didn't respect themselves and required less money than to keep you "a valued worker" and give them more money and more respect
welcome to the gates of he. ell
Parts Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, ORDecember 4, 2018
literally the worst place i have ever worked. filled with false hope and false promises. your opportunity is based on who you make friends with. not your work ethic or quality or dedication.
Personal responsibility
Back paneler, Drawer Builder, misc prep work (Current Employee) –  Middlebury, INNovember 13, 2018
Everyone is responsible for there own part of each unit, its a great job as long as you do your work. I'm only leaving because they dont have enough orders, which means we arent making enough money.
Pros
Get your job done and go home.
Cons
Lack of busy season mean the money goes down
Great place for me to work.. And when or if i can go back would ..
Wireman (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INNovember 7, 2018
like the work i did , had a great team . only thing that sucked was long drive for me and after i took out everything for the week i was losing money to work there . But if i moved closer i would go back ..
Pros
good teams, pay nice for when you are not at slow times
Cons
sent home early when units are done lose pay .. and the drive for me
Stressful, Worrysome
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, ORNovember 6, 2018
A typical day at work at Forest River seems like a daily battle, the people I worked with constantly harassed me over my sexual orientation and management looked over it and did nothing. I learned that I should choose my own safety over a paycheck. I will never return to Forest River!
poor management, useless workers
Decking/ rough wiring (Current Employee) –  Middlebury, INOctober 26, 2018
I am currently working at work n play in middlebury, Indiana. the management is poor the work ethic is lousy and the pay is so unbalanced it really has me thinking that there is embezzlement going on... i was transferred to there from the apex line. worked 18 hours and made 590. this past week i worked 37 hours and was paid 539. Someone please tell me how that even comes close to making sense.. hour n a half to 2 hour line rolls. nobody helps anyone and they sit around waiting for their next unit to pull up. The hardest part of the job is staying motivated around people who dont care about their job or the quality that they bring into the factory. Wish I could transfer to somewhere that actually deserves me. totally getting underpaid for what I do...
Pros
laid back, do what you want
Cons
low pay, poor management, horrible work ethic, incompetent leaders, 3 units to do and takes forever to do just 3.
Productive. Always learning new things. Fast paced work.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  White Pigeon, MIOctober 23, 2018
Fast paced job with lots of areas to learn new in. Starting early so you are out of work at a reasonable time of day to still have an appropriate life balance. The management is a great group to work for.
Horrible Place - Stay away!!!
R-Pod / Surveyor I did everything there (Former Employee) –  Dallas, OR. -they are now located in Sheridan, OR.October 19, 2018
This is hands down the worst place I have ever worked! It's a work until you're done job, no set end time. The last year I was there before I quit we were working 14 hr days. No kidding I have had nightmares that I was back working there!!! Horrible management that treats you like trash. This place has a high turn over rate as they hire addicts/felons and no drug testing, so there's the kind of work ethics from co-workers you get. Place is VERY unprofessional. Pay used to be awesome and then they started canning everyone who made good money and started hiring new people for a lot less pay.
Pros
It's a job if you're in a desperate pinch.
Cons
Everything!