Forest River, Inc. Employee Reviews

It was a grwat place to work
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INSeptember 17, 2018
I started as a line worker and I found quickly that you have to be mentally strong to keep up with the place. Forest river is a do or die fast paced stressful environment but the people you meet there are one of a kind your fellow coworkers are your family and will treat you like blood
Very good environment
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 15, 2018
I had a fun time working there with all the employees they treat all there employees with respect and there very good with working with you with your schedule
Fast-paced work enviroment
Welder (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, ORSeptember 14, 2018
While I worked at forest river it started out quite nice. Until we had employees leaving left and right, management kept pulling workers from other departments to help out in areas that needed assistance. At the time it seemed fine but we fell behind after a while and management wanted to continue as if we had a full crew.
Pros
Mon-Fri, Straight shift
Cons
Uncoordinated, unorginised
Fast paced rv factory
Floor department (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INSeptember 12, 2018
Forest River is a good company to work for. The one downfall is that all the plants make different amounts of money depending on how long they have been established
Productive fast paced work
Metal department (Former Employee) –  White Pigeon, MISeptember 5, 2018
Forest river is a great company to work for. Great management and study work. I would tell anyone this is a company to work for. Pay is good and benefits are excellent
fast paced
Roofer/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Silverton, ORSeptember 3, 2018
it was a good paying job. it was a good job to gain experience and a good place to move up into managment positions. it was also a grueling and fast paced environment.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Great workers with poor management
Lamination (Current Employee) –  Middlebury, INAugust 21, 2018
Our lamination line was great at producing quality parts in a very efficient and timely manner. If the night manager could leave things alone and not get peoples emotions going. There is a lot of drama that gets stirred up working in this plant and the majority is from him sticking his nose into places it shouldn't be. The job itself is a great job and you get paid fairly decent. But you will be doing six peoples job along with your own. Parts are never fully ready for you to run, quality will leave things for you guys to fix and if you don't catch them your manager will belittle you and make everything your fault instead of trying to remedy the constant issues that come with the parts.
Pros
Great coworkers who have a lot of fun together. Also getting out early when parts have been ran.
Cons
Management trying to make themselves look good instead of working together with their workers.
Fast paced work area
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INAugust 12, 2018
Very helpful workers, fast paced work environment, fun place to work at. The work isn’t very difficult and you can learn a lot from working here and also from other employees.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
401k doesn’t match or contribute
good place
Roofer/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INAugust 8, 2018
I liked the work and the people i worked with. Good benefits. Need new plant manager with alil bit more understanding of working with people. Good pay and hours.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
plant manager
dont apply here
Warranty Claim Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CAAugust 1, 2018
it is awful, do not apply here trust me. Ity is unfair and a waste of your time. This is not the company you want to be with you will just make pennies here.
Fast paced
Parts for plumbing (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INJuly 26, 2018
There should be more communication throughout the plant. Not enough room for all the parts being prepared. I do believe they need to pick better group leaders.
Pros
Water when it’s hot
Cons
No air condition in the break room
Trailer Assembler laborer (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAJuly 25, 2018
Productive fun work environment good place to learn hands on everyone there is willing to help you to be mote efficient you could advance slowly but the pay was fair
Pros
Close to home
Worked for over 12 years and only 1 raise
Purchasing/Parts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJuly 24, 2018
I worked at setting up several divisions to make them a better work place putting many of things in order to be more efficient. Was overlooked in being prompted as they would rather hire someone with no experience than to promote from within. If you were someone’s family you made a lot of money or a man if not nothing. I knew people that got welfare as they didn’t make enough to live while others doing the same job got paid very well
the work environment
Production Line Worker/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, ORJuly 20, 2018
Good place to gain skills.. but if your a first time learner they expect you to magically gain the skills overnight. The people are quite interesting. the work area is intense and fast, so bring your a-game.
Management is awful
Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, INJuly 18, 2018
Most days we didn't get all 6 units done in a 9-10 hour days. Some weeks I was working for 12 hours. The management is awful and is family/friend based.
Pros
Had good breaks
Cons
Management was awful
Stressfull
Interiors (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, INJuly 18, 2018
Lots of opportunities to try different job areas. Great benefit options and well-paid. Unfortunately you feel as if you are just a number not an employee and many complaints went unaddressed.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Awful management
Fast pace and fun
Metal Worker (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJuly 17, 2018
I liked working at forestrive because of all the employees they where nice and underataning that it was my firat time working in an rv factory .....everyone came togeather to get the job done and get out of there faster
Pros
Well didnt like that we couldnt leave to get lunch we had to stay and get off the brake truck
Cons
It was good money more then thor and heartland RV
Great place
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJuly 5, 2018
I loved the fast pace work environment, the employees are friendly, fun and learning new things are always great. I would love to work there again. It's a great place
production in rv
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJune 29, 2018
forest river inc was a great opportunity for me they hired me without having any experience. i was offered jobs within the company that were better paying opportunities.
Diamond in the Rouh
Appliance Setter (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJune 27, 2018
A typical day at work for me and the group I worked with was much better than I expect many other jobs to be for Forest River. I know that among most of the plants in the mid east, this plant was one of the best. And I was luckily enough to work with a great group of very motivated people with great leadership so though most of my ratings are good, take it with a grain of salt.
Pros
Pay, mostly positive environment
Cons
It's a GD Forest River plant