Foresters Financial Employee Reviews

dynamic
Internship (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CASeptember 10, 2018
I liked the environment but i felt as if i was stuck in the position i was starting. I want to feel like i am being trained for a career. Not to be in the same spot forever.
Decent place to start out of college.
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 6, 2018
Wasn't comfortable selling to my family members and close personal friends, but if you don't mind this sort of mentality than you'll fit right in. Hard work but would definitely pay off if you put in the time and effort.
Financial Services Representative
Financial Services Representative I (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WASeptember 2, 2018
It is a hard sales culture and they do not give much support or guidance. Most of the training come from online videos. you have to travel 4 days a week.
Didn't enjoy it
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAAugust 21, 2018
My time with Foresters Financial was difficult. They tell you that you will be making your own schedule and how great everything is going to be, but you just make endless phone calls to friends and family hoping they buy life insurance from you.
fun colleagues with high paced work environment
Assist agents (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 16, 2018
Work is very repetitive in that you are speaking with many different agents about the companies products and helping with case design. You learn a good amount about the products and the company which is really informative. The flexibility of the job could be better in that changing shifts and no option to work from home. The most enjoyable part of work how work ends when your shift ends. The bonuses each quarter area really nice as well and make for a pretty well paid job. Hardest part of the job is the repetitive nature of the calls
Pros
colleagues hour lunch bonuses
Cons
no career advancement opportunities, redundant work, benefits
Sales Job
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAAugust 4, 2018
This is a sales job at its very core. You are autonomous and you can make your own choices but at the end of the day you have to sell the mutual funds and insurance. Fees are high for Forester's making it tough to compete against the Fidelity's and Vanguard's of the world.
Pros
Autonomous, set own schedule
Cons
Fees, Constant Grind, Not a household name
Amazing company with an amazing purpose
Registered Representative (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTAugust 2, 2018
Foresters is a wonderful company to work for and has only enhanced my skills. There is a strong, supportive management team from the office level to the executive level. Their purpose drives the company and they truly care about helping their clients and the community.
Pros
Great working evnironment
Cons
As an independent contractor there are few company benefits
job
INVESTMENT ADVISER REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2018
its a hard job to be an advisor. great education. middle america sucks. So, you cant judge the company for that. people are great and education is unreal good. Just tough job.
Intern
Financial Services Representative intern (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYJuly 16, 2018
I was only an intern, but I had an awesome experience there. We learned all about different insurance policies and how to apply them to a specific candidate.
organized work space
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2018
I love a organized and consistent work place, very quiet and peaceful. Everyone was very respectful and to themselves. Business casual dress code, also had my own desk.
Tough training
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2018
You are really on your own. The manages do help you when starting out by going on appointments with you, but they just expect you to know how to prospect yourself, and expect you to do a LOT of business in the first few months when you still have no idea what you're doing.
Horrible Experience
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 12, 2018
Not a good company, terrible funds, and the management lacked any sort of moral compass. The direct manager and the vice president in charge of the office clearly did not care about their clientele providing ignorant people with terrible investment products and lying to them regularly.
Relaxed office setting; downtown area
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2018
Clock in around 9:00 am
Financial planning meeting kicked off every Monday morning for plans for the week
Management very hands on in assisting with client meetings
Great
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJJune 6, 2018
The team was always willing to help one another, and management made sure the environment was healthy and inclusive. I learned a lot from my mentor about finance.
workplace culture
Investment Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2018
The culture in the company is very amazing. Most employees treat you like family and love to see you excel in your role. Everyone pushed everyone to do their best !
Good Training but not enough direction
Registered Representative/ Investment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAMay 31, 2018
Foresters has a great story and great direction. I did not feel that the company really help me build a my practice. If you do not have a big network then this job is not for you.
Well Rounded Company and Staff
Intern (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 30, 2018
When interning with Foresters i was walked through the history of the company and where it is going to be in the future. The manager there was very welcoming and knowledgeable. I feel like this experience will help me in future endeavors in the financial world.
Pros
Class room like Learning
Cons
Free Experience for students
Client pool is everything
financial adviser (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYMay 30, 2018
If you have a personal Client/referral pool to draw from your odds of success go up drastically. But then there is also the complications of most of the current generation starting on their career path is more focused on debt management then saving for the future.
Bowling, Field Trips
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2018
It was an overall good experience learning about the financial markets and the time and sacrifice needed to obtain the different licenses needed to be a financial advisor.
Pros
Free Lunch, Leanring from other advisors
Cons
have to be self thought
Lied to
Financial adviser (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 21, 2018
Before I was hired I was told in the interview that I would be able to study for the series 7 exam. That was the exam that I had my mind set to take. After working there a few weeks I was told that I was only allowed to that the series 6 which is a smaller version of the 7 and that I would have to spend my own money to take it and then the company would pay me back after I passed the exam. To me it would be a waste of my time to take a exam that I would have to retake in order to really help people with investments.
Cons
benefits, cold calls, late hours, many events