Foresters Financial Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Sales Job
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAAugust 4, 2018
This is a sales job at its very core. You are autonomous and you can make your own choices but at the end of the day you have to sell the mutual funds and insurance. Fees are high for Forester's making it tough to compete against the Fidelity's and Vanguard's of the world.
Pros
Autonomous, set own schedule
Cons
Fees, Constant Grind, Not a household name
Amazing company with an amazing purpose
Registered Representative (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTAugust 2, 2018
Foresters is a wonderful company to work for and has only enhanced my skills. There is a strong, supportive management team from the office level to the executive level. Their purpose drives the company and they truly care about helping their clients and the community.
Pros
Great working evnironment
Cons
As an independent contractor there are few company benefits
job
INVESTMENT ADVISER REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2018
its a hard job to be an advisor. great education. middle america sucks. So, you cant judge the company for that. people are great and education is unreal good. Just tough job.
Intern
Financial Services Representative intern (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYJuly 16, 2018
I was only an intern, but I had an awesome experience there. We learned all about different insurance policies and how to apply them to a specific candidate.
organized work space
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2018
I love a organized and consistent work place, very quiet and peaceful. Everyone was very respectful and to themselves. Business casual dress code, also had my own desk.
Tough training
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2018
You are really on your own. The manages do help you when starting out by going on appointments with you, but they just expect you to know how to prospect yourself, and expect you to do a LOT of business in the first few months when you still have no idea what you're doing.
Horrible Experience
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 12, 2018
Not a good company, terrible funds, and the management lacked any sort of moral compass. The direct manager and the vice president in charge of the office clearly did not care about their clientele providing ignorant people with terrible investment products and lying to them regularly.
Relaxed office setting; downtown area
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2018
Clock in around 9:00 am
Financial planning meeting kicked off every Monday morning for plans for the week
Management very hands on in assisting with client meetings
Great
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJJune 6, 2018
The team was always willing to help one another, and management made sure the environment was healthy and inclusive. I learned a lot from my mentor about finance.
workplace culture
Investment Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2018
The culture in the company is very amazing. Most employees treat you like family and love to see you excel in your role. Everyone pushed everyone to do their best !
Good Training but not enough direction
Registered Representative/ Investment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAMay 31, 2018
Foresters has a great story and great direction. I did not feel that the company really help me build a my practice. If you do not have a big network then this job is not for you.
Well Rounded Company and Staff
Intern (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 30, 2018
When interning with Foresters i was walked through the history of the company and where it is going to be in the future. The manager there was very welcoming and knowledgeable. I feel like this experience will help me in future endeavors in the financial world.
Pros
Class room like Learning
Cons
Free Experience for students
Client pool is everything
financial adviser (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYMay 30, 2018
If you have a personal Client/referral pool to draw from your odds of success go up drastically. But then there is also the complications of most of the current generation starting on their career path is more focused on debt management then saving for the future.
Bowling, Field Trips
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2018
It was an overall good experience learning about the financial markets and the time and sacrifice needed to obtain the different licenses needed to be a financial advisor.
Pros
Free Lunch, Leanring from other advisors
Cons
have to be self thought
Lied to
Financial adviser (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 21, 2018
Before I was hired I was told in the interview that I would be able to study for the series 7 exam. That was the exam that I had my mind set to take. After working there a few weeks I was told that I was only allowed to that the series 6 which is a smaller version of the 7 and that I would have to spend my own money to take it and then the company would pay me back after I passed the exam. To me it would be a waste of my time to take a exam that I would have to retake in order to really help people with investments.
Cons
benefits, cold calls, late hours, many events
Great culture and company values
Registered Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 26, 2018
Foresters is an amazing company. The management and employees all really buy into the corporate values that focus on bettering the community by providing personalized financial planning. Everyone there truly puts the client's interest first. The biggest down side is pay is commissions only (like most sales jobs), which means the first few months to couple of years may be tough financially.
Pros
Cons
Pay Structure
Demanding
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAMarch 13, 2018
The company needs to work on developing their reps. They hire people out of school and throw them in an all commission position with very little assistance.
would not recommend this company.
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  NYMarch 7, 2018
Terrible experience. Required to work 6 days a week and 50 hours a week. Paid minimum wage for 6 months and then it was entirely commission. Required you to use your own personal network and use established relationships to force insurance on friends and family. Completely disorganized. Very poor hands off training program. No benefits or time off because youre working for commission and if you choose not to work its only hurting yourself and your income. Huge miscommunication issue between management and corporate. Corporate made promises that they did not keep when the conditions required were met. Bonuses were introduced and explained in a way that was not consistent with how they were actually paid out. Bonus pay out was far less and they never made it right when this issue was brought to light. Lead generation was all on the representative. If you take a job here expect to spend many hours cold calling to no avail.
Pros
competitive comradery
Cons
very long hours, minimum wage, no stability, poor training, no benefits
Productive and good management
Financial Representative Intern (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 7, 2018
Good place to work. Very fun and productive environment. Wonderful management and very supportive. Would recommend this position to anyone who is interested.
Passionate managers
Private Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLMarch 4, 2018
It was a good experience interning for Foresters. I learned a lot about the different types of investments. If you are determined to move up and gather clients, you can make very good money.