Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Found 4,874 reviews matching the search See all 5,707 reviews
Worst Company I've ever worked for
Assistant Manager of Merchandising (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 16, 2018
DM was prejudice and used lying and sabotage against leaders she didn't like.
Always wanted you to put the store above your personal life and health.
Inconsiderate and inconsistent; NEVER responded to you when reaching out for help and always played victim
Pros
My associates and GM
Cons
No room for advancement; no raises for associates; unfair treatment
I loved forever. Especially with me being into fashion it was a great way for me to express myself outside of sports.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOOctober 16, 2018
If I could go back in time and do it all over again to work for forever i would. I loved everything about it, coworkers the management everything was first class. Just with schooling and sports it was kind of hard to manage it all. If i could have negotiated something i would have.
Pros
Got treats and things like tha sometime. Discount on clothes, and got to dress up.
Cons
Really wasnt any cons besides all the standing, had to get used to it. Sometimes would leave really late due to the store not being clean.
Proefessional, laidback work place
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYOctober 16, 2018
The work place was a laid back one with no strict dress code and a more relaxed environment. My coworkers were very friendly and helpful and the managers were there to offer guidance and advice. The store was clean and organized nicely.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits
Slow- paced, boring job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 15, 2018
I loved shopping at forever 21 but working there was such a drag. Wouldn’t recommend if you like working in a face pace, fun environment. All I did was go backs at the end of the night and didn’t see no point at all because obviously the next morning customers are going to make a mess again. The coworkers were nice but many people took there job too seriously like come on it’s just forever 21... and you had to leave all together when you close and wait for everybody to clock out.... and you have to move up to be a cashier.
Pros
No uniform, cute clothes
Cons
Hours get cut if store is not getting money, Boring environment
Room to grow
ASSISTANT MANAGER OF MERCHANDISING, FOREVER21 (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLOctober 15, 2018
typical day is hectic but enjoyable if you like styling customers and interacting with people, management was ok, but definitely short, most enjoyable of the job was getting to do launches and the mannequins.
Fun workplace
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 14, 2018
I enjoyed working with different styles of clothing and helping people choose their unique styles. Coming to work was always enjoyable because the people that work there bring positive vibes and make you feel comfortable.
Awesome work enviornment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  orlandoOctober 12, 2018
Forever 21 has a great culture and environment. i loved getting up everyday and going to work, doing my best and being acknowledged for the effort i put in.
cool workplace
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 12, 2018
Working at forever 21 was stressful every day. You have to be on your feet the whole time and you only get one break and lunch. So being tired is universal. There's always someone keeping an eye on you, but talking and collaborating is fun. The best part is helping the girls who need help finding dresses. That can be the most enjoyable, but the hardest is climbing to a second rail and stocking it.
Horrible
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 12, 2018
Run away... this company is the worst run company I have very worked for. Pay is always wrong or checks bounce. They will work you until your whole life falls apart.
Great work place and environment
Sales clerk (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 12, 2018
Working at Forever 21 taught me how to work efficiently and handle tasks under pressure. A typical day there would involve me helping customer, check out customers in a positive manner and processing several cash transactions.
Pros
great employees
Cons
Short breaks
Overall a good work environment
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAOctober 11, 2018
Managers get to know the employees and see them as people rather than jut a number on a page, lenient and laid back management style, flexible scheduling for most positions, close relationships between most all employees.
Productive and fun work place
Distributer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 11, 2018
Pros
Lunch food and cafetiria
hectic, fun, learned alot
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 11, 2018
for it being my first job I can say I learned a lot. long hours, slow days, nice customers, bad ones, forever 21 had it all. i learned so much. I was in hs, so having a full time job and school, I had to quit
Pros
good hours, good pay
Cons
no time for school
Forever 21
SALES ASSOCIATE/CASH WRAP LEAD (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 11, 2018
Management was unorganized and unprofessional. Expected you to work crazy hours for very little pay and no reward. The store ended up closing so that just goes to show how it was.
forever21
Retail associate (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAOctober 11, 2018
it was a good and fun place to work, the people were nice and the managment was good. i would work there again if i had the chance and if the pay was higher
Very Productive, Always had something to do and mlost defiently a fun environment at times.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 11, 2018
The environment was very fast paced. The workers all had positive energy, everybody got along very well. The customers would sometimes get frustrated with the company policy but we all managed every situation the best way possible.
Pros
Discounts and deals
Cons
Short breaks, short pay
Horrible Month of My Life
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 11, 2018
I tried posting this back when I quit in April, but I guess they're quick to delete bad reviews about their store. That should tell you something.
I had little to no training whatsoever and was thrown out onto the floor after just ONE day of reading the handbook. I was on cash register maybe once or twice, but other than that I was just thrown in the fitting room for an entire 6 hour shift because they couldn't be bothered to train me on anything else.
Some employees were nice, as others acted competitive with others. Not even with sales, just with looks. It felt like I was back in high school. There was a handful of catty coworkers that made me DREAD going into work. I had panic attacks daily whenever I thought about having to go in for a shift. The manager there even had the audacity to bad mouth my previous Charlotte Russe manager and trashed the company all together. SO unprofessional.
If you can't sell their (ridiculous) credit cards, they cut your hours and give them to their favorite employees, which was absolutely unfair and unnecessary.
On my second to last shift, the manager texted me to tell me she cut my 8 hour shift (which I was excited for cause that meant more money for me) down to a 4 hour shift, because another girl wanted more hours. Are you kidding me?
Three days before my last shift I called the store and informed them that my Friday shift would be my last, and that was the last time I've ever spoken to them. I never went in and I have NEVER been back. Not even to shop. Don't waste your time with this store.
I'm so glad I found another job in my career
  more... field I went to school for.  less
Pros
One or two nice coworkers, near the food court so it was convenient during breaks/lunch
Cons
Short breaks/lunches, cattiness, immature management team, little to no training, treated like you're working in a sweatshop, employee discount is a joke, hours cut
Very Stressful place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VA 22150October 10, 2018
This company does not pay enough for what they ask their sale people to do, the store was big, two floor and many times i was stock on one floor by myself and in addition was also ask to take care of the dressing room
Pros
the people i work with were very nice and we help one another
Cons
short breaks, not enough personnel, you do not get a raise until you have like 3 years with them
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 10, 2018
Loved working here because you always new what the new look was and always got a chance to see the new styles. Mangers were great and always worked with your schedule.
Great way to express your fashion sense and great for students who need work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 10, 2018
I worked for this company back in 2012 for only 6 months while I was still going to college. I would drive about 30 minutes from my home to work since the store I worked at was in a different city that wasn’t too far from where I lived. I worked about 3 times a week on days I didn’t have school. Pretty much all of my shifts were 4 hours long with occasional 6 hours shifts scheduled here and there. On a very rare occasion would I get scheduled an 8 hour shift. I only worked the sales floor greeting customers and offering shopping bags for an easier shopping experience. I would grab my go backs from the fitting rooms and proceed to work them out in my assigned area or the store. I would constantly zone my areas throughout my shift so that nothing was on the floor and the fixtures were easy to look through and shop for customers. Occasionally I would get asked by customers to help find specific articles of clothing that they had seen on our website prior to coming in to the physical store. I never worked the fitting room or was a cashier and never got offered to train in those areas. I did work receiving one day and that was only because we came in for an overnight shift to do markdowns and there wasn’t enough working scanners available to use. For the most part I would work opening shifts and at least once a week I would have a closing shift. My closing shifts would be scheduled for 5 hours but we would actually stay two to three hours longer some nights depending on how bad the store needed recovery and zoning to make it look acceptable in the morning for customers. During closing  more... shifts we would get called to the registers at midnight to clock out then clock back in so we would be considered working “a new day” and not actually get overtime pay like we should’ve been getting in the first place. Like I said I worked there back in 2012 and we are in 2018 almost 2019 now so I’m sure the company has changed a lot and improved their processes over the years or maybe they haven’t. I haven’t kept in touch with my old coworkers from there so I wouldn’t know what has changed and what hasn’t. This was my first real job and it allowed me to learn how a retail company works and I started to gain work experience and learned how to engage with customers and really allowed me to learn customer service.  less
Pros
Able to express yourself through fashion and flexible schedule
Cons
Not getting paid appropriately when doing OT, management wasn't on you telling you when to take a break or lunch, communication wasn't so great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever 21. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.5K
31.7K

Diversity score

69out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Forever 21.

Powered by Comparably