Forever 21

Forever 21 Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA73 reviews
Forever 21 was my first job so it was pretty big for me. Typical day at work would putting clothes away to their correct section also doing overnight shifts.
A typical day at work I would come in at 7am leave at 3pm. I clean the store first & then I work on the shipment. When the store opens depending on how busy I would either stick to the shipment or work the cashier or floor.
Company sucks completely. Worst company to work for. The district manager for dmv area minhue is racist and treats employees like slaves. The hours are terrible. The pay is terrible.
There were different ethnicities, I learned a lot about my co workers. Everyone was very professional while I was there. Everyone was welcoming when I first started. I never had a problem with any customers I was able to help everyone as best as I can
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
A normal day at work goes by pretty fast. I learned to better work with customers and definitely got treated like an adult considering the fact that it was my first retail job. I definitely enjoyed the diversity in the workplace. I would say the hardest part included the somewhat stressful environment when it came to reaching company expectations.
Pros
Work a good amount of hours, communication with managers, work in a mall
Cons
short 30 min breaks, hard to find parking, constantly busy, only 10% employee discount
I learned new ways to work multiple tasks. The most enjoyable part of this job was completing multiple tasks, multitasking, this caught all of my focus. I enjoy organizing things, so this was the perfect job for me. The workplace culture was different, forever 21 has different kinds of themes for different seasons.
A typical day at work would be you are given half the store to clean in a small period of time all by yourself and if it is not done you can not leave.
Management sat in back office all day long most of the time on their phone.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Consistent management change, sometime no manager for a whole 2 months, Bad benefits, Terrible pay.
Working at Forever 21 was a pleasant experience. The workplace environment is very relaxed and welcoming. The hardest part of the job was the days the store was understaffed but with the team working together as a group, it made it easier to get the job done.
Expect a lot of work. The culture is definitely fun and brings out your creative side. The pay is great for part time but management was poor at my site.
It can be very fast paced working day to day. Visual merchandisers have to think for themselves. I enjoyed seeing and buying the new products before customers could.
Generally the store I worked at was very big. Always had a lot of inventory to always put out every day. Gets messy quickly but everyone always has to help each other out, so we’re done altogether.
I learned how to put certain clothing in the right places I learned more about having good customer service. Work place busy but it’s a good job hardest thing for me working there was where certain merchandise go.
I worked at forever 21 for two years and I felt like I wasted those two years of my life working there. The work load (depending how big the store is) is a lot and they demand a lot from you. I was a regular Sales Associate and yes my managers were funny people but did not communicate with each other so it felt as if there were new rules every day.
The store gets extremely messy very fast so you just feel as though you're cleaning up a mess you just did five seconds ago. But working in the fitting rooms is what is worse. They would put me there almost all the time because I got the hang of it but it was honestly the worst. When it's busy, they would usually just put one person in there but working in the fitting rooms is a two person job (in some cases, its a more than two person job). It was a lot of stress so many people quit on their first day/week.

If you're considering working here, I would rethink it especially if the one you're trying to work at has more than one floor. It's a lot of work and a lot of stress and the money is not worth it.
The discount is only 10% which is too little and pay could be higher as well considering all the work we have to do staying late to keep sections clean.
They require you to do a lot folding massive tables of clothes and bring up new merchandise to floor and clean up after other sections that don’t belong to you and they have favoritism and you leave very late if you close
Pros
In the mall
Cons
Pay and folding clothes
The store manager sits in the back and does little to know work while lesser managers can work 10 hours before taking their meal because she is facetiming her friends in the back. She is always late and does not hold select associates accountable for their actions.
This company does not pay enough for what they ask their sale people to do, the store was big, two floor and many times i was stock on one floor by myself and in addition was also ask to take care of the dressing room
Pros
the people i work with were very nice and we help one another
Cons
short breaks, not enough personnel, you do not get a raise until you have like 3 years with them
Hard working
Stuck up

Terrible management team

Hours not good

They done car about your personal life

Want you to make sacrifices for them but they don’t for you
Working at f21 is a very high maintenance store. Its not for most people but if you're willing to put the hard work and effort it can be a very fun environment
Forever 21 was a nice workplace, it was relaxed and everyone got along and did their best to help each other with work that needed to be done around the store, sometimes staying till 2-3am in the morning cleaning the store. It was moderate work for retail but I never felt uncomfortable or out of the loop.
Pros
Working in the mall and having a lot of food places to eat at on breaks.
Cons
Very crowded at times
Forever 21 is the place to be if you feel like you are 21. But I will not recommend over 35. People should stick to there own age. If it was a fun experience it was enjoyable to see different verity of people that came in.
Pros
Seeing lots of people
Cons
Small mens section