Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Found 5,472 reviews matching the search See all 6,423 reviews
Not the best job in the world
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 24, 2019
A job is a job, of course but there's a few things in this workplace that make you go a bit insane at one point. Co-workers are really nice and helpful. Although you do receive A LOT of rude and lousy customers
Pros
fun job
Cons
short breaks
Everything appears good until you're promoted. Applicants Beware!
Manager (Former Employee) –  KentuckyJune 24, 2019
I've been with the company off and on for years but I'd always return due to the people I worked with. I've always loved my job but once I became a manager, I started to see all the flaws of the company. With the exception of a few people my location was fine, but each year I'd notice the staff would get worse as well as the clientele. But it's retail so you learn to deal. The issue with the company is the higher-ups in corporate. Nobody ever really knew what they were doing or wanted us to do but still gave us short deadlines to get it done. There is no support given, no real training or employee development measures put in place. You just wing-it. It is very easy to move up in this company because the retention rates are so high. The company does not care for its employees and is more concerned with $$. It would make more sense to cut costs in certain places but they instead get rid of employees. No raises EVER and say goodbye to any job security you think you'll have. To say the least it's a shady company. Applicants proceed with caution!
Pros
Co workers, Health benefits
Cons
Corporate, No work/life balance, No opportunities for growth and development
Productive environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAJune 24, 2019
• the job is fast paced
• staff was friendly
• long breaks
• they were very respectful and understanding
• flexible with schedule , easy tasks .
Requires thick skin
New Store Opening Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  TravelJune 24, 2019
I was a Corporate Visual Manager who traveled to open new stores. The environment is very fast-paced and there is very little structure to the role. At the store level, this is probably the hardest company to work for, but pays the least. Inventory levels are extremely high, which makes recovery and maintenance a nightmare.

Overall, I enjoyed my role there, as I stayed with the company for 16+ years, especially the relationships that I built. However, the lack of structure and very high expectations requires a thick-skinned individual with a tough mindset.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Low employee discount
Forever 21
Sales/Stock/Visual Associate (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJune 23, 2019
Stressful. A lot to do. Unfortunately a lot of drama, but if you stay out of it you should be fine. If you do your job and you do it well, you can move up for sure.
Workplace environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 23, 2019
The coworkers and customers are great the management was extremely unprofessional. We were never dismissed at our set time on the schedule and if there are any family emergencies( death, children duties) or something such as a school schedule they do not work with you.
Good starter job
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 23, 2019
I would recommend this job for someone just starting out. The pay is not very high although it is good experience to start with. Better built for someone young not someone looking for a lot of advancement and good pay
Horrible
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 22, 2019
The simple reason I don't currently work here anymore is the fact that they kept putting me on at nights when I had no transportation. As well as no one in management caring if you're sick or not feeling well and keeping you through as shift as your sick and coughing on clothes. Horrible people
Not Fun
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 22, 2019
Went in Monday and was hired on the spot. Started the following Thursday. By the following Monday they cut mine and everybody's hours by a lot. It was all a surprise. No heads up or anything. And they, for some reason, CONTINUE TO HIRE MORE PEOPLE. Yet they have no hours to give to the people already working there. >:(
Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2019
Forever 21 is a great place to work. The work place balance is realistic. Opportunities for advancement is always presented to great workers who show leadership skills.
Difficult
Hiring Manager (Lead of Service) (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 20, 2019
I worked there for 4 years during my undergraduate career and got promoted to lead of service. The managers sucked and they wouldn't train you all the way, they would leave you on the floor alone for hours. I had to leave to leave because it became a toxic working environment.
It was stressful
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 20, 2019
The reason why I say it was stressful is because the manager cut hours for no reason , and is aggravating what you have to do the go backs ( which means put the clothes bag in the area ) We are not allowed to change our schedule
It's a job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJune 20, 2019
Typical sales associate position, folding and fixing clothing as well as helping customers. No commission or benefits. High turnover rate, the company doesn't expect you to stay for long
Forever 21 was challenge. Very stressful environment. Never gave us the tools we needed to succeed.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 20, 2019
As being a manager, I was more challenged by company than costumers. We always had to struggle due to the lack effort and appreciation the company had given us.
Pros
Worked with the best time
Cons
Stressed
Constant changing of workload
Visual Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 19, 2019
Company was very inconsistent with what they chose as a focus. Turn over rate because of work load and pay is high. Didn't seem that employees and training were a priority to higher ups
Productive sometimes not a great environment
Visual Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 19, 2019
A typical day working at Forever21 usually a lot of work, which is okay i don't mind. But its no benefit to putting in that work. The company did teach me great customer service skills I've learned how to interact with, assist and also diffuse situations. Forever21 does not really have a workplace culture their goal is to make money and not necessarily take care of their employees.
It’s boring and they never have a stable schedule
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hampton vaJune 19, 2019
Forever 21 is very junky clothes are everywhere and half of the employees are nice but rude sometimes but they have great style of clothes but too expensive for little stuff
Pros
10 percent discount on clothes
Cons
Long breaks
Great environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 19, 2019
I learn to interact with people. Learning new motor skills, how to ask people about the day. How to start a conversation. A usual day at work requires a lot of walking putting back clothes and picking up tables
It was a great place to work I enjoy what I do
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 19, 2019
Wonderful place to work, you must be a team player and follow the rules. Also must be customer friendly and has an eye for fashion. Most importantly you have to be able to keep up with fashion trends. You are a representation of the company.
Great first job
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 18, 2019
It is a good way to gain experience in a professional setting with room to grow. It is high paced and very demanding due to the retail nature of the business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever 21. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.6K
31.9K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Forever 21.

Powered by Comparably