Forge Resources Group

Working at Forge Resources Group: 6 Reviews

United States6 reviews

Nice manufacturing company to work for

Successful manufacturer located in the Midwest. Growing company, provides a variety of career paths, and if desired opportunities to learn, and develop.

Good company to work for - family owned, good culture

Good people. I have worked hard at this company, and grown in expanded responsibilities. Good work life balance, I work between 7:30 am to 5 pm each day, typically around 8 hours a day. Never been asked to work weekends. Lots of good coffee available!

Forge Resources Group insights

Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • General feeling of work happiness

Lots of empty promises from management. There are better opportunities than this place.

Lack of effective communication from management.Long hoursLow payManagement doesn't follow through with promises made at hiring. A few examples are, the amount of overtime actually available (there isn't any), work uniforms, benefits.Expect management to not show you around until after being hired. They don't want you to know just how bad it is. Very strict work environment, expect to have management "breath down your neck" while working.

Pros

Free hearing test once a year. Holiday pay after 90 days. Bonus pay for clock-in, breaks clock-out on time every day

Cons

Extremely dirty work environment, Pay is not weekly, Hefty charges for uniforms and work boots that are taken out of every paycheck, 40 to 70 plus pounds heavy lifting all day

No room for advancement, no sick days, no personal days

During my time at Forge Resources Group (7 years), I saw good hardworking people get let go and I saw lazy undeserving people get job promotions, and upper level positions that they were clearly not qualified for. It was such a shame. Employee morale was low for many. The owners clearly did not appreciate the hard working, capable employees they had, but instead promoted unqualified people that clearly did not put the customers first.

Pros

Scheduled hours

Cons

Only two weeks vacation, no sick days and no personal days. You earn an extra 3rd week of vacation after 7 years.

Family owned company trying to grow

Company is family owned and headquartered in Dekalb. Regularly trying to grow business, but little available vertical movement. Good work environment, though hourly work is very difficult.

Hard work was not rewarded, only favorite employees of the owner were rewarded with raises and promotions.

During the 7 years I was at this company I observed really good talented employees get let go because of politics and I observed less productive employees that were favorites of the owner get raises and promotions. I had to take on responsibilities of these less productive employees because I cared about my work and doing a good job and I didn't want the customers to suffer. Also, they only give 2 weeks vacation and no sick days. You can earn a 3rd week after being there for 7 years so this company is not family friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forge Resources Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Forge Resources Group Reviews by Location

Learn about Forge Resources Group in popular locations

• Forge Resources Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?