Formel D GmbH Employee Reviews

Very fair
LIGHT MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCApril 20, 2018
This job is great for people who dont mind working long hours. Overtime is always available and its at BMW so youre never bored. Its always something to do. Its a fun job.
Open communication and encouraging atmosphere
Parts Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJApril 6, 2018
Good work environment. Encouraged growth and open communication. Flexible with PTO (Paid Time off) approval. My work history revolves around Honda and aftermarket parts. I have learned an extensive amount of technical information about BMW vehicles. The hardest part of the job but what kept it interesting was the volume of phone calls and all the different personalities we interacted with on a daily basis.
job duties
QUALITY LEAD INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GA 30030April 3, 2018
greeting your co workers and inspecting the quality of work that's been done. Rejecting and accepting quality work. It was 17 hours awayfrom that was the hardest part
Adventurous place to work
PROJECT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Various LocationsMarch 11, 2018
The job provided an excellent opportunity to work within my disciplines, but there was too much travel and not enough locally where I wanted to settle.
Productive fun work culture, dirty political cut throat Station manager.
Quality Control / Performance Driver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNFebruary 13, 2018
As a driver its fun! Working along with other drivers is a great experience. If your looking for advancement there its almost none existent. Station manager there is rude and has little to no experience with a colorful arrogance to him.
Pros
Great workplace culture.
Cons
Little to no advancement, cut throat, impersonal station manager.
There Are Better places
Parts Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677January 11, 2018
As a place to learn it was ok but to move on or advance there is not alot of opportunity. lack of Management and opportunities to learn are one of the major draw backs
Pros
Cons
shifts, benefits, Lack of carreer growth
Great Company to work with!
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Pulaski, TNDecember 15, 2017
I worked with Formel D for a little over a month. I loved it. The staff was easy to get along with. They always had your back. Job was very easy work. But most of all pay was WONDERFUL!
Fast-paced - well compensated
AUTOMOTIVE Mechanic (Current Employee) –  MultipleDecember 12, 2017
Excellent employment opportunity. Long hours and teamwork is a must. Pay is good and you will work hard for it. If you are a worker this is a good opportunity.
Pros
Work hours and pay
Cons
Temporary Locations
Productive workplace
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, TNDecember 3, 2017
Consecutive work, learned quality control skills, management was disappointing, over all good people to work with, the job was labor intensive, but they did have good pay
Pros
Brakes health insurance after 90 days
Cons
The jobs can only last a couple days, you're not getting consecutive work to be able to pay your bills or receive your benefits
I don't want to do this
Lead Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 28, 2017
I did not have an option not to reply to this section; and, I do not approve of this tactic for submitting my resume. There are legal actions to consider as well.
Pros
good benefits, sometimes able to work from home, i.e. weather
Cons
Understaffed, too many work hours per week without support
Not a good place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 9, 2017
Staff member showed discriminatory actions towards certain team members. It was a very uncomfortable environment to work in. Time spent here felt like walking on eggshells.
Decent Pay, No Outside Life.
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton County, TNOctober 28, 2017
Formel D is a decent company to work for if you don't have a family to come home to. You work 60+ hours a week and have to be on call on your off days for possibly more. I barely got to see my family, and although the pay was very good especially on the over time I just didn't enjoy not seeing them. The only other complaint would be dirty politics within the company. A lot of management will assign you with roles with very little praise to taking the load off of them, but as soon as your mess up they will be sure to point it out. When they mess up they tend to blame it on everyone but themselves. The positives there are is you can learn a lot on the job daily, and also it's fast paced at times so you can be active.
Pros
Good Pay, New Jobs Weekly, A Lot Of Learning Experience
Cons
A Lot Of Hours, Dirty Politics, Very Decent Management
Does not support their staff
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 30, 2017
Working in a contract position, I was chosen as the scapegoat for something I had almost no involvement with. Formal D did not even ask for my side of the story - they simply terminated my contract based on information from somebody trying to protect their reputation.
Cons
More concerned about their contract than their employees
bland work enviroment
ELECTRICAL ENGINERING BMW E/E TEAM (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 6, 2017
i worked for Formel D for 4 years and although my time wasn't all bad especially with the same level employees, management could definitely use a huge checks and balances system and although they promote a family style system of we have your back it is evident that that is a lie. anyone who works there for 6 months can surely tell exactly what i mean. so in short better management.
Pros
consistent pay at 10 hour work shifts
Cons
no direct hire system and management can be cut throat( back stabbing)
Get pulled in many different directions
Safety Inspector/Driver (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCJuly 30, 2017
Changes happening all the time. Learned the BMW safety and environmental programs. Workers have not been exposed to many safety and environmental programs. Freedom to introduce EHS programs.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Terrible place to work you are just a number
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALJune 14, 2017
Absolutely worst place. We were treated as a number and when the forman told us that we had to go out of town for 6 weeks to another assembly plant it wasn't asked it was told. I was told that if I didn't want to go then I should just quit and find another job. I did because I wasn't leaving my pregnant wife at home alone.... Absolutely would not recommend my worst enemy for this company. They are just money hungry people who do not care about there employees, they just care about there production bonuses
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Management, swing shift, 7 days a week 12 to 14 hrs a day for months at a time.
No work - no pay !
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  USAJune 11, 2017
Management ( Corporate office ) did not have all facts in regards to keeping it's employees working to satisfy their claim of working a minimum of 10 hours a day, 5 days a week.

After working for them since the 24th of April 2017 up to just this week, only worked a total of 16 days. During the rest of the time, was not compensated in any way.

Only response from supervisors to include other office staff was that they did not have any control over the client and it's conflicting schedules, which did not allow Formel D employees to perform task at hand.

Formel D, will not compensate in any way the time for which it's contracted employees sit around not being able to work.
Easy work, pay not great
Paint repair/ line lead (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCJune 4, 2017
You work hard, the pay doesnt reflect that. The insurance is outrageous! The management at the plant treats you unfairly. The jobs are fun to learn, but hard work. Great for people wanting to learn a new trade as in, paint repair, tire mounting, ect.(If employed at the BMW location through formel D)
Pros
Having a job!
Cons
Pay, benefits
It's and ok company to get your start
Yard Sorter (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALMay 15, 2017
Long hours and last minute notices. Really bad tempered supervisor and drama area. Long walks from the parking lots and the distance is far from work area to cafeteria too.
great work place but not enough works and work hours dont give you family time
supervisor technician (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALMarch 27, 2017
I loved working there and supervising my team ! The only thing I didn't like was the crazy work hour which made it impossible for family time and church.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Formel D GmbH. Our community is ready to answer.