FormFactor, Inc. Employee Reviews

Independant working enviorment
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 8, 2018
During my time I was able to learn quickly and able to adapt to the long range of time most employees had already achieved. As well as maintaining production and manufacturing satisfaction for its customers.
Pros
Graveyard and pay increase
Cons
insufficient pay raises
no career advancement possible
Materials Coordinator 2 (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 6, 2018
Very stressful. the learning curve is also very high, yet the pay is below average. No career advancement possible. Management doesn't seem to care about employee
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
no career advancement
Very laid back place to work. Maybe a little to much
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMarch 1, 2018
I can only speak towards the facilities side of FormFactor. And more specifically the Beaverton location. Previously known as Cascade Michrotech. Everybody there seemed to be very friendly and easy to talk to. I was let go but they would not tell me why. I got along with my co-workers and often was given praise by them for the tasks I completed do to the level of quality and knowledge I brought to the team. There was only one real issue and that was the facilities manager. He was very knowledgeable in his disciplines but has absolutely no clue on how to manage others. My intention is not to vent all my frustrations on one bad apple. But so long as that situation doesn't change, they will always have an un-equipped, under trained, team that lacks direction and respect for the leader.
Pros
Great work to home life balance
Cons
Horrible facilities management.
FormFactor was a productive and enjoyable place to work.
SENIOR TECHNICAL WRITER (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CANovember 6, 2017
- Typical Day - Obtained Engineering and Testing updates from staff. Occasionally went to clean room to observe processes. Updated work instructions.
- Learned - The precision of clean room policies and the requirements for the testing of chips and computer boards.
- Enjoyed working with staff and management to accurately update work instructions.
No comment
Cascade Micro-tech (Current Employee) –  Tigard, OROctober 22, 2017
typical day at work and great team to work with. Management is improving, work independence, competitive and great to work at, Only work scheduled did not work for me.
good
Probe head assembler/Panitary alignment (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 13, 2017
Working here was great, but I don't really see a future here. There isn't really any other advancements at the San Jose branch. I heard the Livermore headquarters have more opportunities
Fast Paced and Cut Throat Culture
Sr. Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 10, 2017
During my time there, the company was being pruned for sale. Many of the management actions taken during that time make sense in terms of maximizing the stock sales price, which was the intention. There was a cut throat culture which served management well at the expense of employees. The work was challenging and rewarding, and I enjoyed all the good work I was able to do there, and the people that I worked with.
Pros
Low Cost Max Passes
Cons
Cut Throat Culture
I was very happy at Formfactor
A&T Sequoia 1 Probe card Assembler/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 9, 2017
I was very happy at Formfactor. I liked the hours and all the people I worked with.I always had something to do. I liked the fact that we always had company mettings
Pros
great working hours
Effective management team
ATRE Product Engineer (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAAugust 20, 2017
It's a great company to work for. Management team is very effective. Company provides lot of opportunities for employees to grow in the organisation. Company provides training assistance for employees to grow.
Pros
Provides challenging environment and positions to employees.
Good culture, very bad management.
Plating Technician/Operator (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 13, 2017
Great schedule, culture, & fast paced work environment. However, supervisors have too much pride & get offended easily. Make false accusations about employees to get them fired. Don't care about temps at all, even permanent employees are disregarded as human beings. They allow way too much overtime when it's not needed & end up with people standing around earning easy money not doing a single thing. As with any place there is definately major politics as well as favoritism here. Supervisors don't catch people doing the wrong things when it matters most. Hard workers are not recognized or rewarded. I would not recommend if you're one that wants to get praised for your hardwork. They say conversions are every six months don't believe it more like once a year & that's still not guaranteed.
Pros
Friendly people, nice breakroom & restrooms. Long scheduled breaks.
Cons
Poor management, sensitive supervisors abusing their power.
Fun to work
Inventory Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CA 94551June 30, 2017
Recommends
Positive Outlook
Approves of CEO
I have been working at FormFactor full-time (More than a year)
Pros
- Excellent amount of communications and transparency of work from CEO on down. Never seen so much of data shared with employees.
- Huge amount of competency CEO on down. No their stuff inside out.
- Superb work environment. Totally collaborative.
- Very data driven. Obsessively so. If you are engineer , you will love it.
- Even when topic matter is tough, Management talks like adults.
For me: great place to start my career
Sr. Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 15, 2017
This was my first job out of undergrad and I was lucky to have a really great manager and coworkers. The location isn't too bad since it's reverse commute (from the bay) but it's way out on the far fringe of Livermore.
Some nice people. over all good.
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAApril 15, 2017
Nice to work and very laidback . Pay is great ! Work is easy. I was just filling in for a man that got hurt. Over all good place to work.Small company not far from home.
Cons
Brilliant technology too expensive to manufacture
Director of Product Marketing (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAAugust 16, 2016
Global competitors regionally based make a difficult competitive matrix for Formfactor's excellent but expensive technology. Margin is always at risk to maintain cash flow.
Pros
innovative technology
Cons
Market competitiveness
Productive workplace.
Fab Technician (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 8, 2016
Typical day, creating daily reports for morning meetings. Learned to create programs for S.E.M. tools and bright field scan tools, defect classification and analysis.
Co-workers, loving family atmosphere.
Production worked very hard and very friendly
Principal Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 6, 2016
The only thing that hard for me was Management keep changing every year so you need to understand the way they run !!
About Communication ,they had a Big Gap between Engineers and Assemblers.
Pros
We have free lunch every year.
Cons
Not allowed to take Vacation in the last 2 years!!!
Very Disappointed
Relieved Former Worker (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 3, 2016
The manufacturing environment is very dysfunctional. Co-workers especially fab leads, fab back end engineering support need tons of communication training and a class in humility. They still accordingly perform as if everyone knows it all. NO people skills.
Yes, former employee that this environment was not a good match. Business will need a serious retooling when they are absorbed by a better managed company. Unique product, behind the scenes - As The Stomach Turns.
Pros
product is solid - friendly outside work
Cons
Hostile environment, poor training, terrible open communication starting at the top of middle management, twisted production flow process.
Good environment for established engineers
Yield and Integration Engineer (Intern) (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 24, 2016
This company has a very friendly work environment as well as a good work/life balance. Sometimes certain things like equipment installation can take longer than they should.
Rewarding and good place to work
Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 22, 2016
1. People are helpful and friendly
2. Management are east access.
3. Sometime there are many email communication rather speak face to face
Pros
People are helpful and friendly
Cons
Sometime there are many email communication rather speak face to face
A Learning Experience
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  North Saint Paul, MNNovember 24, 2015
This company is experiencing a lot of growing pains, but is headed in the right direction. Manufacturing consolidated to Oregon which left several of my manufacturing colleagues and myself displaced here in Minnesota.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FormFactor, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight