Forms+Surfaces Employee Reviews

Do Not work for this company
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 26, 2018
This company feels they own the people that work for them. Even if they approve your vacation it is not guarantee that you will be allowed to use it. They claim to have 40 hour work weeks but expect 50-60 hours at a minimum. There's a reason there is so much turn over with this company.
Pros
Decent Health Care
Cons
Management, Forced Overtime
Poor management leads to poor morale
Crate Builder (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 19, 2018
The company is a decent place to work for but the management are an absolute pain to work for. The management does not listen to possible ideas to make the job better and is quick to put you down in your place. They (the management) also have a mentality where they believe they are almighty and can rule with an iron fist.
Great product, and co workers
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Etna, PAFebruary 8, 2018
The product we make is great and the coworkers on the shop floor are great. Good pay. The year I worked there there was tons of ot. Problem is you never knew till the day before that you had to work it. You have no life other then to please the management. Worse part of the place is you must sign out and in every time you leave your work station. Feels like your back in grade school and have to ask to you the restroom. You are just a body there and have the attitude that you can be replaced in a phone call. Defently not a company to retire from!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, building is unsafe, no life outside work, wont fix anything till its totally necessary!
CNC Laser Operator
CNC Laser Operator (Former Employee) –  Etna, PANovember 1, 2017
This job was very nice, fast-paced, and always kept you on your toes. The management was very involved in day to day operations and made sure you knew what you needed to do.
Pros
Good Benefits and PTO gain
Cons
A few deadlines
If wages were better it would be a great place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 6, 2017
I worked in the custom assembly department. I would spend my day working with handtools assembling different t products. I liked the work but the pay and raises to me weren't competitive
Just another job
Sand blaster (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 5, 2017
Forms and Surfaces wasn't terrible. But you could find a better job.
Work / life balance is 4-1 during a certain time of the year.
I worked hard there, so never really received too much slack, but grew tired after a while.
Stay far away from here!
Operator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 30, 2017
Great products but how they get made is a mystery. Production floor is a joke as is plant management. Constant turnover, mistakes, and mismanagement.

Office folks are helpful enough and pay and benefits and HR are decent but plant staff is awful.

Forced OT with no warning, firings at the drop of a dime and a very very negative work environment.

Not a place for a career!
Benefits
Cons
Management, plant environment, dirty old building.
worst manegement ever
Screen Printer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 25, 2017
If you are a creative professional avoid this company .
Very poorly mico managed . Training was atrocious what little training there was . Very Dishonest management
Pros
Cons
No respect for creative positions
Condescending, juvenile, management clique
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 8, 2017
If you like to work for a management team that is unprofessional, juvenile, condescending, and cannot thoroughly train a new employee then this is the place for you. Be prepared to be held accountable for procedures you do not know about due to this lack of training.Also if you have "undesirable" physical attributes they will be talked about and have a negative impact on your performance review.
Pros
Health Insurance
Authoritarian environment with no room for advancement.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Etna, PADecember 27, 2016
If you want a disorganized company with hostile management, cameras everywhere and more dust than actual deserts , then this place is for you. If you like being told you could advance if you work hard ,self motivate,and meet deadlines , only to have the promised position eliminated or filled from outside the company, then apply to F+S today!
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Frequent mass layoffs, filthy factory
Untrustworthy
Operator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA EtnaMay 11, 2016
Everything here seems to be okay, but they do mostly temp hiring. Very safety oriented but it's actually a bit over the top to the point that it can become unsafe at times and get in the way of completing your work. On very negative aspect is that ,it's that place that literally wants to work you for every minute and that's OK for most positions but when you operate machines it's not ideal as you really play a waiting game while it runs. Everyone seems nice but you absolutely can not trust management if your a temp worker they will dump you for any little thing even if you don't realize your doing something wrong, they clearly don't look at you as a person and more of just a disposable number. Very high turn over rate for employees. Inventory system is very backwards and they waste material like crazy. Just don't recommend working here unless you need something desperately.
Pros
The pay was nice
Cons
Everything but pay
productive
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Company was going in the wrong direction and my expertise of the product of the last 11 years where not being considered by new up management. I felt it was in my best interest to move back to California after helping the company relocate to Phoenix, AZ.
Pros
relax environment
Cons
Bad new management
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAOctober 5, 2015
Able to expand my knowledge in the company.
Learning manuals setups for the CNC machines were the hardest part but I always remained focused and got things done and all my parts in by a deadline given.
Pros
Well Organized Company
Cons
HealthCare Benefits
Organized Warehouse
Powder Coater (Former Employee) –  Fox Chapel, PAJuly 26, 2015
I had an enjoyable experience throughout my employment at Forms + Surfaces. My direct supervisor was thorough and detail oriented in his job and that flowed down to the floor workers, benefiting us in a positive manner.
Constructive workplace with gratifying duties
Shipping/Material Handling (Former Employee) –  Etna, PAFebruary 9, 2015
This job taught me many things primarily how to handle responsibility. I worked as the primary correlation between production and consumers along with drafting and handling shipping documents. I enjoyed making a meaningful contribution by ensuring all orders were delivered correctly and on time and I found this very gratifying.
Logistics (Current Employee) –  PittsburghNovember 17, 2014
Lots of potential, but mismanaged at senior levels.

People are friendly, and good staff.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Everything else.
for the last couple of years delivered product from warehouse to our other warehouse , deliveries/pickups to vendors/clients
Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 6, 2013
A typical business,Isuppose-a steady flow of work and a good culture of safety for its people. For about 25 years I saw many changes in needs,duties and personnel but all of the challenges helped mold me into (I hope) an employee who can adapt and adjust to the needs of a business.
Pros
a decent job which had its highs and lows but helped provide for my family
Cons
some days are better than others

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forms+Surfaces. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7