Forms+Surfaces

Forms+Surfaces insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Not the best experience

Pay was decent for the work involved. It was obvious that management cared more about the bottom line than its workers. Lots of equipment and tools were old and outdated with no plans to replace. Most suggestions in the workplace were often shut down by management because "we don't have the money" to improve working conditions. The general expectation of workers was to do regular overtime. Lots of turnover.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Short breaks, bad conditions, lots of overtime

Interesting work, horrid retention and upper management

The plant manager is unpleasant and self-aggrandized, to the point of parody, preferring to spend his time screaming at workers and pushing personal projects through the production line over actually improving production or retention issues. Maybe if it were only a problem with him, it would be more tolerable, but other office employees have taken suit and followed his unpleasant worksite cultural queues. If you need a foot in the door somewhere after a resume gap, this might be a good choice, long term career or fulfillment however, it is not.

Pros

Coworkers are nice

Cons

Upper management

They don't care about workers

Was fired for needing funeral days off. Boss treat employees like they are dumb. Will tell you they are going to hire you on n keep pushing it back.

Terrible management

They are fair with raises and time off but management is terrible. The company has no structure. People who are honest and work hard get overlooked and the employees that lack motivation or work ethic get treated differently. Very unprofessional supervisors and managers. Always chaotic work days with nobody knowing whats going on. They treat you like you owe them for allowing you to work there. The work environment takes a mental toll on you. It would be a great place to work if it were under new management.

Pros

Decent Pay, Safety minded

Cons

Terrible management, unprofessional

Hard work

Love being out doors, being able to build stuff with my bare hands, dirty hands means hard work in my eyes. I enjoy fixing concrete, i enjoy stripping and bracing and clcosing walls.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

good opportunities for the right people

F+S is not some manufacturing shop where you screw around all day. It's a firm and fair environment for people who want to work hard and be a part of a team. Unfortunately many of these reviews were left by people who did not like rule following or working with others. The right people have been here 5+ years and enjoy the work they do.

Pros

co-workers, location

Cons

mandatory OT sometimes

Good experience, poorly managed

Interesting product line, learned a lot about my field. Borderline toxic culture though, and the employees are not truly respected or valued. Management makes it seem as if everyone is expendable.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Negative environment, poor communication

Worst Mistake in my career

DO NOT WORK HERE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. No one is allowed to talk at all or work together. You do not feel like you are working as a crew. There is no team sense of pride in the work. Company only wants production. The floor is painted and if you scratch the SHOP floor you get into trouble. The shifts posted are a lie. Shifts starts at 5 am not 7 am. It is not a custom job. This is assembly line type work. Be prepared to build the same exact part all day. You also have to be given permission to go to the bathroom. Company has no respect for its workers. No talking anywhere. You are constantly being recorded by cameras. Cannot check your phone even in a personal emergency.

Pros

Heated building

Cons

Repetitive, ask to go to bathroom, shifts, no team sense, management

Mixed work place

The management is absurd and inconsiderate to the employees. They do not provide everything you need to complete your work, and they did not resupply shielding gas and filler wire when we were low. There is some incompetent management with impossible goals

Pros

One or two understandable managers

Cons

Everything else

Abusive work environment.

This company has an abusive work environment with mandatory overtime and if you need time off on the weekends on mandatory overtime you had to use vacation time. Lots of employee turnover.

A stop gap job until something better comes along.

The workers on the shop floor are outstanding but unfortunately the management consists of browbeating sociopaths who are more concerned with implementing childish rules/restrictions and power trips than proper training and creating an efficient workflow.They constantly preach about a safe workplace but do nearly ZERO in creating a safe environment for their employees with unmaintained, antiquated machinery shoehorned in every square inch of the place.Their “5 star employee” program is akin to Mao’s Little Red Book. Image is perception with that company nothing more, nothing less.It’s a joke.

Pros

Paychecks don’t bounce, helpful and hardworking coworkers

Cons

Clueless management

You will be replaceable

At Forms + Surfaces, being a warehouse worker, you are reminded everyday that you are replaceable. They threaten to terminate you if you clock in one minute late more than once. If you are caught on your phone, you will be written up and threatened with termination. When you want to do overtime, the only option they give you is coming in 2 hours early. I was working from 5 am to 3:30 pm for overtime, compensation was not worth it. I am glad this job is in my past. I would strongly recommend a different company.

Cons

Short breaks, bad benefits, poor work conditions, management treats you like garbage

Problems with management

This work place is disgusting. The management is portly trained and very rude. They harass the warehouse production employees constantly. My brother currently works for this company and is forced into overtime w/o consent. He is screamed at, degraded, cussed at, cussed out, and has his job safety threatened by his female manager constantly. After two years of working there at this Phoenix, Az facility my brothers mental health is a problem.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Losing your sanity, no family time, 60+ hr work weeks and struggling with mental health.

Never called off always there always on time never slacked off on any project i was giving

Not a good job very high turnover rate But i enjoy working there they jus layed everybody off after we completed their project with out even telling us

You will work hard but tons of room to grow!

Great place to work and advance your career. Excellent Careertrak program which offers plentiful reviews and room for upward mobility and $$. Great products and they do quality work. Great team atmosphere the only drawback is the Management staff and Plant Manager who is out of touch at times.

The people love to work there , and they all handle there job with care .

When I started working there , they showed me the ropes , they really want you to learn and they take the time to show you . Management is a hassle but as long as you go in there knowing what you want . They will just guide you .

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Overtime

Horrible experience

Worked here for almost a year dont want to get into details because it would seem unbelievable management seems to do everything they can to make it a stressful/hostile work environment

Cons

Upper management has lack of leadership skills and direction, forced OT

Forms + Surfaces is a company for people who are single or have no life. Some managers are good, but they’re the exception rather than the rule. Upper management likes to micromanage and will make you change buildings or shifts on a whim. Forced mandatory overtime is a regular thing because they don’t buy the right materials for jobs or make sure that the necessary machines are working in order to make a product. They’ll have you work 7 days a week and at least 68 hours a week instead of telling their customers that they can’t meet the deadline that they promised.

Pros

There really aren’t any

Cons

Forced OT, overall bad management

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

The title says it all. I was at retirement age so it didn't matter to me but for the rest of the workforce it is almost unbearable. Over 50 people, some with as many as twenty four years service, quit in the three and a half years I was a group lead there.

Pros

Cons

Upper management

If you’re hard working and responsible you’ll enjoy the company. Lots of recognition for those employees who do their job with pride and contribute to the success of the company.

Cornelius Signage- A Great Place to Work (A Forms+Surfaces Company)

I have worked for Cornelius Signage for 3 years now, and in the last 2 years it has come a very long way! The company has improved tremendously and has truly worked to fix the issues that have been brought to their attention. Since I started in 2016, I have had 2 opportunities to advance within the company. Growth and upward mobility was my main goal in choosing a company to start a career, and I believe I chose wisely by picking Cornelius. Management values the hardworking employees with positive attitudes and they are often rewarded with opportunities of upward mobility, and at the very least, positive reinforcement- which is very motivating and helps confirm that you are valued and appreciated. The company often does monthly/bi-monthly events and/or lunches to bring the entire team together. When there is an office and a shop it is especially nice to gather as a group and work on team building. I feel very close with my co-workers and management- We all work very well together as a team. It is a very "family" type of culture here and I am happy to come to work every day.

Pros

Close Team, Positive Work Culture, Health Benefits, 401K, Advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forms+Surfaces. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
4.3Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight