Forms and Surfaces

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Treated poorly, not respected and unaware of rules and regulations that can get you fired without notice.

I would not advise working for this company. If you value how you are treated, are the type of person who strives to better yourself and takes your livelihood seriously then do not work for Forms & Surfaces. I was hired to be a maintenance technician under false pretenses. Once I began working, I was told "You are here to fetch tools for the Maintenance worker who has been here for years. If he needs something, you will get it for him." It was degrading and not what I applied for. They will mislead you and if you break any of their rules you are fired without any notice of the infraction. They take full advantage of being an "at will" company. If you don't mind wondering what random unknown rule you might break at any given time, then this is the perfect place for you.

Pros

Pays well

Cons

Management is poor and there is a lack of communication between employee and management.

Good place to gain experience.

I worked there for 8 years and was able to more than double my pay in that time. I learned many new skills including TIG welding and leadership skills. If you are young and have an attitude of wanting to do your best, I would recommend Forms and Surfaces.

Pros

Good feedback from management and opportunities for advancement.

Productive and great people to work with

Had work for you to do majority of the time. I learned how to read blueprint and make fixtures. The management was flexible. The most enjoyable part of the day was talking to other employees.

Pros

overtime

Cons

Inability to move up

No advancement and poor conditions

Not an ideal job for a solid machinist. Work is very elementary although instructions are never consistent. Management is tough to communicate with.

Pros

double time on sundays

Cons

so hot during summer

set up and operate a brake press

challenging. constantly doing different jobs that require thinking and figuring out bends, and angles. Always doing something different.

Pros

challenging

Cons

long travel distance for me

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forms and Surfaces. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8

2.7

Learn about Forms and Surfaces in Pittsburgh, PA

• Forms and Surfaces
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?