Forney Industries

Forney Industries Employee Reviews in Fort Collins, CO

Fort Collins, CO22 reviews

okay place to work

Northern Colorado is a very expensive place to live, working here will get you by living paycheck to paycheck. Worked very hard for over a year with no raise.

Great people and Company

Forney is really good to their employees and I tell my friends all the time about working at the warehouse. I work with co-workers who have been at warehouse for over 30 years. I would say turnover is low with permanent employees.If you have an idea they will listen to you,it doesn't mean they will implement your idea. They will be at least respectful, and we all get treated fairly. I have worked lots of different shifts.

March 28, 2022
Forney appreciates your feedback, and you're correct turnover is low with Forney employees. Turnover in 2021 was 12.6% which is 10% below similar industries in Colorado.

Forney Industries insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

High turn overrate & disorganized

Shifts: Day: Monday-Friday 6am-4:30pmWeekend: 6-6:30pm Friday-Sunday or Sat/SunNight: 4:30pm-12am Monday-FridayPacker Typical day: Show up, stay at your packing station for 8-12hrs. You'll be putting product into the boxes and shipping them. Some items weigh +30lbsPicker Typical day: Use a cart to "shop for welding parts" for 8-12hrs a day. Lots of walking on concrete. The scanner will tell you where to go and what shelf the item is on. When you're done with the order, you'll take it to a packing station. Sometimes, you are required to assist with manually unloading freight trucks.Material Handling: You'll be replenishing shelves and picking. Unloading trucks by hand.Night crew: Replenishing shelves and any other tasks, wrapping pallets, cleaning, unloading trucks by hand.Forney will provide a box cutter but you should buy gloves. They don't provide gloves and you'll be grabbing grinding wheels that will scratch up your hands.First aid kits throughout the warehouse are not readily accessible. Consider bringing your own band aids, they lock up the first aid kit in the main office and it's not always stocked. They say OSHA requires first aid kit to be locked up but I've worked at a ton of production jobs and have never experienced this before. Very casual dress. Some people show up in pjs on the weekend.Management on week/weekend shift is okay. Night shift manager is the best one there. The head honcho says he has an open door policy but be careful what you say. He has his favorites.Most picker/packers are temps. It's a "direct to hire" but there are GOOD -

Pros

Free food (depending on shift), decent pay on certain shifts, bonuses (if permanent employee) and free merch (if permanent), good work/life balance.

Cons

Expect OT. Favoritism with week shift. Lack of training opportunities, they are particular on who they choose to train.

March 28, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We would like to address your concerns.Forney does provide gloves for all employees, and you're not expected to buy gloves to do your job. OSHA does not require the first aid to be locked and employees have access to the first aid kit.Forney does provide breakfast for our weekend and night crew, if there is some kind of food you would prefer, please communicate with the Warehouse Manager. It is encouraged that you reach out to your manager or call Human Resources if you have concerns.

Great culture at Forney. It's a family owned business, great size, growing quickly. Flexible in nearly all aspects of the job. Good work/life balance and a dog friendly work environment.

March 4, 2022
Forney loves to hear from our employees and thank you helping Forney to keep the culture great!

Just a temp

I want to start out by saying that, personally, I went through an employment agency and the person who assisted me in getting the job was wonderful, however the work placement environment itself is awful. In having experience with different jobs, including other temp positions, this one is quite unprofessional in its attitude towards temp employees. Ask questions, but also don’t, because you’ll probably get an earful and an attitude for trying to do your job and doing as you’ve been instructed to do like ask for help when needed. Even the receptionist acted in an unprofessional manner, a manner that if I had acted that way in any job I’ve had, would have meant “you’re fired”. So any behavior is tolerated so long as you’re an actual employee.There were a few wonderful people who made it a little friendlier, but overall, getting paid in a minimal sense for an unwelcoming and constant ‘you should quit’ vibe isn’t worth a job long term. You should be able to get through a shift without feeling that everything you’re doing needs a comment attached to it. For anyone thinking about taking a job here just take a moment and respect yourself and what you feel you deserve to get from whatever job you’re taking, even if it is temporary. I can’t imagine being a permanent employee for people who don’t see the value in other people, or even a job really where they can’t treat other people like people.

Good

Loved working there great place. The people there are amazing ! Very nice and always helpful when you need help or have a question. Love the time I had there got to learn different stuff. Great place to work .

Good Workplace Culture

Good, fun people. Interesting management changes before I left. The company seemed to be trying to pivot, I hope it helped! People were good and workplace culture was great.

March 4, 2022
Thank you for the feedback and Forney is always looking to improve to make things even better.

I hate leaving a cooment.

Not highly reccomend. They don't give new people to learn the job before they let you go. Just started knowing the warehouse and they informed the ones their service are no longer needed.

Company Review

Company is going through some growing pains at this time. Leadership is lacking and morale is low. The company really does care about employee happiness and believes in company culture. The company does offer pretty good benefits.

productive, fast paced

I liked working at forneys..good hours..good pay..the employees where easy to work with, never a dull day, management liked how I worked, good fast paced, hands on work place, was treated fair...

Jobs at Forney Industries

in Fort Collins, CO
See more jobs

Great culture

Forney is a locally owned business with great community involvement and support. Forney treats all employees like family with great moral boosting and team building activities throughout the year.

Small family owned company

A dynamic company with a lot of potential. Strong brands and national presence. This small company competes and wins against multi-national, multi-billion dollar companies. Risk, too many competing internal agendas could derail this company.

Pros

Discounts, culture

Cons

internal competition, nepotism

Fast paced and diverse work environment

Working at Forney was an enjoyable experience with fun coworkers and good management. The job was fast paced, diverse and very hands on. I learned many different tasks within the warehouse which was rewarding.

Pros

Job tasks, coworkers

Cons

Short breaks. long hours

Absolutlely pathetic

Stay away at all costs. Warehouse manager is worthless, if you have no pride in yourself, if you have dreams of bigger things, if you have dreams of better things, if you have hopes of a better life ahead. This is not the place for you. The turn over is so high, the employees ask you every 30 minutes like clockwork, how you like the job, are you going to stay, and was even praised/cheered on for showing up on day 2. (let that sink in.) Aparently it's a 90 contract from one temp agency, made it a day and a half. I can see why turnover is so high, poor management, tight working conditions, no bonuses, but mostly two faced people, with a toxic culture.

Pros

So easy it's boring

Cons

Worthless management, half-assed crew of co-workers

Would not recommend

Forney has some fun events and free breakfast on Wednesdays, but I would not recommend working here. The leadership needs to be re-evaluated. There is a high turn over rate due to management. The pay is not that great, and all of your hard work will only get you experience to hopefully move on to better things.

Pros

Free breakfast on Wednesday, paid the bills

Cons

Managment, Poor HR, High Turn over rate

Poor upper management

Friends and family were given jobs that were entirely over their heads. Employees spent more time finding things others did wrong than actual work or helping others to improve. A specific culture was discussed but was never enforced.

Pros

Department Manager

Cons

Nepotism, unprofessionalism

Flexible work environment.

Forney as a whole has a great culture. For the position I had it provided a positive flexible work structure. Management provides excellent help when needed.

good team concept

It is a good place to work, but there isn't raises or advancement. It is the same order picking day in and out. People are working there 28yrs and not making 12.00 an hour

Pros

good people

Cons

chances to advance are zero

Worst job ever

Little pay, no communication. Management treats you like garage. Employees are rude and unhelpful. They give you meaningless trinkets instead of pay raises. If you do manage to receive a raise it will be very small. Under .50 cents.

Pros

I really enjoyed knowing fellow employees. Some of the nicest people I've ever met.

Fast paced environment with speed and quantity produced the primary objective. Supervision was lacking and the few employees who required supervision were rarely spoken to and little or no action taken regarding discipline, causing hard feelings among those who did good work.

Good People to work with, positive amosphere

Environment was comfortable and professional. The management did not micro manage as long as you are getting your work done. Some times there was down time where we did not have enough work. Everyone is willing to help around the office, good people

Pros

flexible hours, good environment, easy to communicate with management

Cons

different pay scale for people with same job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forney Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Forney Industries in Fort Collins, CO

Forney Industries reviews by popular job title

• Forney Industries