Forrest City Medical Center Employee Reviews

Enjoy my stay
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARApril 1, 2019
Forrest City Medical Center was a very nice place to work at. All employees were nice. Loved working with the nurses and being able to work with new moms after having their babies.
Great for entry level job
HIM Tech (Non-Cert) (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARMarch 26, 2019
The pay is fine for non-degree entry level person with 0 years of experience. However, once you have 1 year's experience the pay is horrible, and the room for advancement is very limited. Great benefits except the coding program. No work-life balance if you have to work there, and go home and teach yourself to code. There are better apprenticeship programs out there, and some will even pay you for learning how to code.
Pros
Discounts and Benefits
Cons
Salary
Terrible place to work, Do not apply!
Admissions Clerk (Current Employee) –  Forrest City, ARJanuary 20, 2019
Usually pretty fast paced, check people into ED, input demographics for pt, register outpatients, verify insurance.
Management is terrible, the current supervisor for this position has no idea how to do the job, basically refuses to help out regardless of how busy it gets, but has no problem telling you that you are doing something wrong or writing you up for it. They also constantly lie about how they're "trying to increase the pay"
There is typically a lot of drama between some of the coworkers, and the majority of the employees are dissatisfied with the job and plan to leave.
Pros
none, at all.
Cons
low pay, low pto, few holidays, terrible management, constantly changing policy to lower incentives
I rate this Company a 3 on a scale of 1-5
Admissions Clerk (Current Employee) –  Forrest City, ARSeptember 28, 2018
Forrest City Medical Center has been very good to me. I just have a problem with Salary. For the work and duties of an Admissions Clerk, one would expect much better pay.

I enjoy my coworkers, my Directors, and all who I work with. I feel that I do a job well done each and everyday i am at work and I think I should be compensated for that and not just me, but all who work as Admissions Clerks
Pros
Paid time Off
Cons
Salary
Busy, Hectic
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARAugust 31, 2018
Forrest City Medical Center stayed busy, and some times Hectic. There were other employees who did not take their job seriously and liked to see others fail, just so they could get praised instead.
Pros
Most employees were excellent to work with
Cons
No one owned up to their mistakes, others thought they were above some
atmophere was great
ER Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARJuly 18, 2018
greeting patients in the day to day and get them the care that is needed in a timely manner. working internally with other departments was a learning lesson on how other aspects of the hospital works
Pros
loved my job
Cons
HR didn't know her role in the hospital
Fast-Paced, Fun place to work
Patient Access ER Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARApril 26, 2018
The management wasn't so well. But they were a very understanding place. The best part was the continuing education classes that were mandatory and the up-to-date technology
Pros
Discount at lunch
Cons
Pay
Patient Care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARMay 31, 2017
Working at Forrest City Medical Center a typical day at work was making sure that all patients were taken care of, taking vital signs, transferring patients, making sure they dont wander, and documentation.
Pros
Being able to relax, meeting new people, and taking breaks.
Cons
no benefits, some patients could be difficult to handle, and only 1 lunch (no breaks).
Faced paced
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Forrest City, ARMay 20, 2017
The compensation benefits are very rewarding and beneficial.I enjoyed the companys' benefit package!Their benefit package was one of the better ones ive seen to date! Very face paced non team environment!Will put all ones training and skills to use!
Not The Best Place To Be
Med-Surg Telemetry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARNovember 6, 2015
Stuck in an environment that is toxic at best. Staff unable to separate personal and work lives. Unfair treatment of employees and patients from other employees, and upper management. Hiring of incompetent and unreliable staff. Extremely heavy workload with hourly pay that does not match the work.
Pros
Leaving The Facility
Cons
Working At The Facility
Interesting
Medical Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, AR 72335July 27, 2012
A typical day of work was trying to locate physician's while they were checking on patients first thing in the morning, before the left to go to their offices. I learned a lot about the medical field,and at times it was scary. I never encountered problems with co-workers because we were always running from on assignment to another, this position was very demanding and fast paced. I credentialed doctors so i managed myself and trained a co-worker. The hardest part of my job was the turnover in upper management. The most enjoyable part of this job was all of it, the entire learning experience.
Pros
discount on lunch and medical attention.
Cons
healthcare
Co Workers were great people with a Heart but Management was NOT.
Staff CT and X-ray tech PRN (Former Employee) –  Forrest City ArkMay 4, 2012
Small Hospital trying to act big. Manager that I worked for was not a manager at all. Was a womanizer and tried to keep stuff stirred up all the time. Never helped in the dapartment at all. Was alway busy running around the Hospital visiting. The pay was bad at a time when it was the only opening around was making 10 dollars an hour less than what other hospital paid. Management took advantage of this. Only ones working there are ones that lived in the area.
Pros
very nice co-workers that had heart
Cons
bad pay bad management