Forrester Construction Company Employee Reviews

Productive an a fun place too work
Assisted site manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 23, 2018
It was a hard job but i got it done i had to be up an at work everyday by 7am an i worked all day until 8pm the travel there was a hour long there an back home .
Great people, unlimited opportunities for professional growth.
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 15, 2017
I've worked at Forrester for almost six years. In that time, I've been given unlimited opportunities to grow my career. I've taken on different challenges, learned new functional areas, and stretched myself. My manager is very supportive and like most of us here, I actually believe that my work truly makes a difference to the company's success. The culture is very team-oriented, fun, and celebratory. We all know one another and want to help one another succeed. People here work really hard and construction is not a relaxed industry, but Forrester does what it can to help people find some balance. We also are engaged with our community and have the opportunity to do company-supported volunteer and philanthropic activities. I like working in a company where people are good at what they do and have a passion for it. It is a great place to build a strong career.
Pros
Benefits, great team, challenging and interesting work.
Cons
Construction is high pressure and deadline driven.
Great company with great people
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 12, 2017
Great people from top to bottom. The Forrester team is incredibly close-knit and very talented. People really care about their jobs and each other here and it feels good to work in an environment where everyone takes pride in their work. I really believe in the direction that the new leadership is trying to take the company. I have been at Forrester for more than 10 years and have been given many growth opportunities.
Great team, fast paced environment.
Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 10, 2017
Teamwork really comes first. A lot is expected. This is a place for high performers, but good work is rewarded.

The company also offers a lot of career advancement opportunities. Many employees stay for a long time.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits, company events, team atmosphere
Great Team & Pay
Support Group (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 1, 2016
Great team atmosphere. Very competitive compensation. Company has a strong plan for the future. Plenty of room to grow.
Pros
Teamwork, strong company culture, employee events, great pay, benefits ok.
Cons
Communute / location.
Great company!
Support Group (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 25, 2016
Working at Forrester has been a huge step forward for me. It is truly a great place to work. Excellent compensation, good benefits package and great, talented team.

Employees are given many opportunities to grow in their roles and do things outside their day job. This is a major plus of being a mid-sized firm. Many people have worked their for a decade or two and have grown from entry-level or junior roles to senior managers and beyond.

This is a place for hardworking, talented people. The most difficult part of the job is that a lot is expected of everyone, but if you are willing to work hard, go above and beyond and want to grow, this is the place for you.
Pros
Compensation, benefits, employee events, great culture
Great team to work with
Legal Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 4, 2015
very busy desk
learned to do construction contracts
Vice President was great to learn from
The team I worked with was phenomenal
My commute (Traffic)
The team I worked with was the most enjoyable part of my job
Pros
learning construction contracts
Cons
Commute
Construction
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 13, 2014
Awesome people work there and do their best to do the right thing to make things happen.
Productive and a fun place to work. Career advancement and peer recognition
Operations Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 11, 2013
Forrester Construction Company is an General Contractor in Rockville, MD.
It was a great place to work and the training was very effective to my job performance. My peers took every suggestion for improvement to heart and allowed me to perform to the best of my abilities. I would work for Forrester Construction Company again!
Pros
We always had luncheons and staff meetings onsite and off.
Good, strong company.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 28, 2013
Had some of my most successful years in the construction industry as the senior manager and VP of our division allowed me to operate with very little micro management as my projects were completed either on time or before and always made a significant profit.
Pros
Good Bonus based on Performance
Cons
Accounting department clogged the wheels of progress for the construction management teams.
Experiencing huge layoffs
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 25, 2013
FCC has laid off 100 people in the last year. This is not a place to go for a secure future or advancement.
Senior Cost Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MarylandMarch 18, 2013
I have build lots of new skills and worked with great people.
Great co-workers
General Contractor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 12, 2012
The folks are great. Everyone seems willing to help out, whether it is in their job description or not. The benefits went from rather good to mediocre, but it seems that is the way many companies are going. The health insurance costs have grown and that was my main gripe with the benefits package. Well, that and only 2 weeks vacation unless you are pretty high on the totem pole or have been there for years and years. I am confused about the direction management is taking. Maybe they know something I don't, but they have been making odd decisions lately. And the best and worst part of the job is the core - project management. At times with the right players, its great. At times with the wrong players, it becomes very stressful. The more you can control that, the happier you will be, but you don't get to choose the client, and only some of the subcontractors.