Forsyth County Employee Reviews

high stress levels, but rewarding
Foster Care Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 6, 2018
-high pace
-stressful
-management out of touch with workers
-staff was fun to work with
-high volume of paperwork
-rewarding work
-learned a lot from working there
-enjoyed working clients/families
Pros
rewarding work, good benefits, pay
Cons
stressful, long hours
Busy
Child Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 5, 2018
A good company to have worked for.
diverse cultural
flexible
friendly environment
room for growth
tuition reimbursement
paid time off
travel expenses
benefits
Cons
busy
Dss
Income Maintenance case worker (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 3, 2018
Not well managed any longer. Just not a good company any longer to work for , they just have to many issues and they take it out on the employees and dont listen to the employees about nothing
Fun place to work
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 5, 2018
Fast paced. Fun place to work at. Very diverse co-workers. Always something new to learn. You have to be a team player otherwise every one can be affected.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Some days are long hours
Learning environment
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 31, 2018
Active interactive planning and training opportunities. Work in teams and able to plan your day to be organized. Working in teams was a rest experience.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Child Support
Child Support Agent II (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCMarch 13, 2018
Great Agency to work for. Very fast paced and heavy workload. Changes occur on a daily basis. Have to be able to mutli-task and balance the work. Provide excellent customer service to the families that we impact on a daily basis.
Former Teacher
TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Walkertown, NCMarch 2, 2018
This was my first teaching position many years ago. I had wonderful co-workers, students, and administrators. Working in Forsyth allowed me to gain valuable experience and helped me throughout my career as a teacher.
Pros
Overall great place to work
Cons
Pay, class sizes were too big
Good people to work for and with.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 23, 2018
Doing all Data Entry for Five Floors. Helping withing with IT dept when needed,also Admin. Asst. for supervisor. Did all reports for management.
Learned a lot in MS,excel,power point,word, took classes and received my certificates for completion.
Management there was great.
Work place culture was great.
All co-workers and the Management.
Pros
They where always rewarded their employees’
Cons
Over worked at times.
Job Security
Fiscal Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 14, 2018
Its about what you can expect from a government job. Pay is not competitive but work / life balance and benefits are fantastic. Depending on your department you may have a completely different experience. Don't expect innovative management style or culture.
Buisness like with emphasis on teamwork
PHN II (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 6, 2018
My job required mostly telephone calls but could include home visits. I learned a lot about public health issues and how to involve clients in their own care. Upper management works well together. Team work is encouraged. Especially enjoyed educating the public on health concerns and about new infections.
Pros
Good benefit package
Cons
Little room for advancement
no comment
Senior Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 10, 2018
Doing work outside your hired scope with no compensation. Management not on site majority of time. out of date software. poor time management of department.
Would Never Recommend!
Income Maintenance Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 28, 2017
I have never seen a work environment like the one at Forsyth County's Department of Social Services. From the first day I started I knew it was a place I would not be at for long. The standards that employees are held to are extremely low. The way employees are allowed to dress and speak to the overall atmosphere around the office and the face that management is held to no accountability what so ever. I am so very fortunate to have found my way out and I will never seek employment there again unless there is a miracle of a complete clean out of management. I would never recommend Forsyth County's Department of Social Services to anyone for a place of employment and I hope the state of North Carolina comes in and take over.
Pros
PTO time
Cons
Management, Pay, Workload too much, No accountability, No standards
Good job for high school men and women
Parks and Recreation (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAOctober 12, 2017
Great for extra money. This is perfect for high. School kids to make some money or for something to pass the day away. It will show good work ethic. There are good bosses that work with you and work around your work schedule.
Great place for learning
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAOctober 10, 2017
This is a very good place for learning and using typing skills and helping people in the community and when you go home you feel very complete. Very hard sometimes with the calls to keep a separate thought process
Pros
Very good for training and help
Cons
LOTS of work
No complaints
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 13, 2017
This was a fun place to work, though some situations were traumatic the office was fun and you really grew to become a family. Some employees took life situations for grantee.
Forsyth County
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 7, 2017
Forsyth county Department Of Social Services is very unprofessional.
Woman there tend to be quite catty and envious. Supervisors there for some apparent reason have the potential of stopping you from moving up within the department. Has the potential of being a nice place to work if they clean house starting from the top. I have worked there for some years and I have seen supervisors quote company policy and not adhere to them. To sum it up, very ghetto
benefits
Cons
everything else
Forsyth County is great.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAAugust 3, 2017
Forsyth county is a great school system. The students, parents, teachers, and administrators are committed to excellence. The workplace is very supportive.
Pleasant and supportive environment.
Contract Social Worker (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 31, 2017
I work approximately 10 hours a week in the OB clinic at Downtown Health Plaza, employed by the Forsyth County Department of Public Health. My colleagues are pleasant and supportive, and this is a comfortable work environment.
Pros
Flexible work schedule as a contract employee.
Cons
No benefits, as a contract employee.
A typical government job
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAJuly 30, 2017
Provides job security but management and board is out of touch. The County is way behind in the pay scale. Flexible with hours worked and you accumulate PTO with each paycheck.
This was a great wok places
Program Assistant/ Administrative Staff (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAJuly 16, 2017
I just enjoyed working here my co-works were great very helpful I landed so much working for WIC it was just an out standing work places. the manager was very helpful when I needed the help they were always there to help
Pros
we had one hour lunch and 15 mins breaks
Cons
our health ins was great