Forsyth Technical Community College Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
OK place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  AdministrationJune 3, 2018
It's an OK place to work; however, employee moral is low. Staff members feel very underappreciated and do not have respect from faculty and administration.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
parking, low morale
Great Place to Work
Administrative and Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCMay 18, 2018
FTCC is an awesome place to work. The staff and faculty are friendly, and will assist you with any issues. They work together collaboratively to assist students become successful
Good place to work!
Science Skills Laboratory Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 1, 2018
Good hours, great experience, well managed, diverse culture,staff and management are friendly. I enjoyed working with the students.
There were no hard parts of the job.
Excellent work environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 27, 2018
Forsyth Technical Community College is an excellent work environment with great employers who are loving, nice and always willing to help one another.
nice
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 16, 2018
very relaxed and smooth. nice coworkers, pleasant manager. Also was very understanding to any needds that i may had. Great place to work at. Slow paced enviornment
I enjoyed my job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 29, 2018
I enjoyed my job but they treated me like I knew nothing at all because I was the youngest in the office. Most work days were slow. I did love that I reorganized the whole supply closet myself.
Awesome College
Assistant to Department Chair of Transportation (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 26, 2018
I was blessed to be employed as work-study student and also work in the presidents office during one summer, which gave me more experience of customer services and administrative roll.
Pros
good hours
Cons
didnt get hired
College community
Department Chair, Paralegal Technology (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 15, 2018
I am pleased to work with great people from the Dean of our area through the dedicated faculty and staff.
The College supports our efforts and provides the tools needed to accomplish the task of instructing our students.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Difficult students do rarely show up!
Fun and Productive workplace
Clerical Assistant-Work Study (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 12, 2018
A typical day, grading and filing paperwork. Data entry and photo copying. Answering and directing phone. Meeting the clerical needs of administration as needed.
An interesting leaning experience.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCDecember 31, 2017
A typical day at work is engaging, meeting lots of new people, students, and blending work and personal life. I learned you will gain much with teaching experience. Management is awesome because they don't hover over you. The culture is friendly. The hardest part of my job was dealing with students who does not use their time wisely and rushes at the end of the semester to get months of work done. The most enjoyable part of this job is watching hardworking students excel, and take on challenges whether they fear them or not. And, having the joy in knowing with each student who succeeds I had something to do with that change in their lives!
Pros
Lots of room to balance persoanl life
Cons
No healthcare benefits, or room for advancement.
A decade behind top heavy southern culture state employer.
Full Time Staff and Part Time Faculty (Current Employee) –  Winston Salem, NCDecember 23, 2017
A slower pace is a definite for staff or faculty.
An administration that believes they know more than they do.
One of highest paid community college presidents with some of lowest paid staff and faculty in NC.
An employer that finishes floors before they build or paint walls...metaphorically and literally speaking.
A culture full of gossip and slander.
Employees are paid at least 25% less for there position then they would otherwise receive in the common industry they are trained.
An employer that gives bonuses in paid leave instead of cash.
The hardest part of the job is accepting all of the above, if you can and are willing, you will thrive ad love this place to work - guaranteed.
Pros
lots of paid leave
Cons
lack of integrity, low pay, no room for growth, top heavy administration
Community College with Great Colleagues
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 4, 2017
Teaching adult learners basic skills needed in English reading and writing was a very meaningful and fulfilling part time job. I was able to engage with small groups of students while teaching them valuable skills for college and life.
Students are a Delight
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 2, 2017
The campus is nice, and Forsyth has many available resources for their students. The college hires teachers (sometimes) at the last minute; they are a little slow to get essential information out to teachers and then you're behind for the semester. However, the staff at Forsyth are friendly and the environment is a joy to be a part of.
Pros
Friendly staff, variety of students
Cons
Pay
Dead end for adjuncts
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 24, 2017
To dodge the ACA, they avoid hiring their adjuncts full time (27 contact hours max). Pay is lower than a lot of other schools. Adjuncts are regarded as disposable and worthless. The president of this community college, if he truly wants his school to be a good one, should reconsider the treatment of his instructors. A school is only as good as its instructors and if you chase away the good ones with sorry pay, disregard, and part time hours, you reap what you sow.
Pros
Hey, it's a job.
Cons
Dead end: No benefits, no full time status... Ever, lower pay than other community colleges.
Productive and Friendly Environment
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 13, 2017
I really enjoy the staff and the friendly environment. My director is very open about your opinion on how to improve the college. Overall, a wonderful and enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Very relaxing
Cons
Part-time no benefits
Great job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 9, 2017
Enjoyed working as an Adminstrative Assistant at Forsyth Tech. Worked under a great person. It gave me a challenge working in the English Department. Learned many things from The English Coordinator.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Job was temporary
Worst place I have ever worked
Assistant Professor/Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 7, 2017
I worked at Forsyth for about eight years as a full time instructor in the Engineering Division. I wish I could say more about this school, but I simply cannot out of good faith. I would never work there again, and I would never advise anyone to work there.
I currently work at Guilford Tech going on six years and its amazing!!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
People sucked
Productive Environment
Facilitator/Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 30, 2017
I truly enjoyed my time at Forsyth Technical Community College. The projects are fun and the people are amazing. This program benifits local businesses.
Excellent Work Place
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 23, 2017
Excellent workplace, most people leave only to retire and then some of them return part time :) President of the college has great vision for the future.
Pros
Work Environment, Culture, learning environment
Cons
None really except lower pay than Private Industry
Is a good place to work
Associate Director Development Office (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 7, 2017
The benefits are very good. Employees are all invested and very conscientious of what is best for the overall college and the students. We work with good people who truly care about the students and the college.