Forsyth Technical Community College Employee Reviews

Great colleagues, poor management
Instructor of Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 1, 2018
I taught 20-24 hours per semester, 4-5 classes, plus 5 office hours per week, committee work.

The students were good, but nepotism occurred within our division with the dean and the chair.
Excellent Supervisor
PROGRAM COORDINATOR/INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCSeptember 23, 2018
Enjoyed working there and had a great supervisor. Loved working at the Swisher Center in Kernersville as the students were great and the campus was not as busy.
A Good Community College
Dean (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 23, 2018
Forsyth Tech does a highly respectable job of training students for technical and work-based skills demanded of the local/regional jobs market and education for those who wish to transfer to a four year college/university.
Nice Working environment
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 17, 2018
Forsyth Tech was a nice place to work and the staff was great the pay was also great. Depending where your worked the people you talk to is very limited.
Challenging workplace
EMS Program Coordinator -retired (Former Employee) –  King, NCAugust 2, 2018
On a typical day at work, I would teach class, have office hours to work on class prep, scheduling of students in clinical and follow up with providers to track student performance.
Managers at the school were not familiar with EMS so many meetings involved explanations of needed equipment and instructors were required.
The hardest part of the job was stressing over students performing skills in the emergency department and coordinating with nurses and physicians.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing our graduates working the field and being successful.
Pros
State retirement
Cons
Limited budget
Overall Work Experience
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Walnut Cove, NCJuly 24, 2018
While working at as a Work Study Student I learned how to work on multiple tasks at the same time without getting overwhelmed with what all was going on at the time.
Not the best place to work
Health Education Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 20, 2018
I worked at this college for over 22 years. This year my new boss took my job because of a dental appointment.
They took my friends job because she turned 65 she had plans to work on.
They are not fair with their employees
Pros
Insurance but you pay for your spouses
Cons
Long hours alot of stress. No recognition
Student Success is Priority
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 4, 2018
Forsyth Tech Community College is made up of outstanding staff that have a real passion for working with students. The students success is always priority.
Pros
Great Co Workers
OK place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  AdministrationJune 3, 2018
It's an OK place to work; however, employee moral is low. Staff members feel very underappreciated and do not have respect from faculty and administration.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
parking, low morale
Great Place to Work
Administrative and Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCMay 18, 2018
FTCC is an awesome place to work. The staff and faculty are friendly, and will assist you with any issues. They work together collaboratively to assist students become successful
Great working enviornment
GED Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCMay 4, 2018
It was indeed a great place to teach and have an impact on our future working citizens. You had the awesome opportunity to work with educated professionals within your content area and abroad.
Good place to work!
Science Skills Laboratory Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 1, 2018
Good hours, great experience, well managed, diverse culture,staff and management are friendly. I enjoyed working with the students.
There were no hard parts of the job.
Excellent work environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 27, 2018
Forsyth Technical Community College is an excellent work environment with great employers who are loving, nice and always willing to help one another.
Good Company, Great People
Service Desk Analyst Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILApril 18, 2018
This is one of the best places that I have ever worked. The people here are genuine and hard working. In the 6 years that I have been here there have been many successful pushes to use state of the art technology.
nice
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 16, 2018
very relaxed and smooth. nice coworkers, pleasant manager. Also was very understanding to any needds that i may had. Great place to work at. Slow paced enviornment
I enjoyed my job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 29, 2018
I enjoyed my job but they treated me like I knew nothing at all because I was the youngest in the office. Most work days were slow. I did love that I reorganized the whole supply closet myself.
A great university and program
PT Self-Defense Instructor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 6, 2018
The class was a great class to teach to those who had or know about how to defend themselves. Productive and fun during self-defense classes the workplace was at a dojo provided by a karate training dojo I was involved at the time although a place at the community college was provided. Classes were held base on my experience and schedule.Fun activities as well as serious scenarios were brought base on the curriculum of the class provided self-defense. I learned and taught about human nature act and react. How to defense yourself in life threatening situations. Teaching women to be aggressive towards attackers was probably the hardest thing to do in the class. The university was a great institute to teach for but as we have seen a movement in education to get rid of physical activies classes. I rate my experience unreplacible and rewarding.
Pros
free membership on the campus
Cons
university got rid of the PE program as a major in it's curriculum
Fairly Flexible Place To Work
Instructional Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 5, 2018
They provide great benefits and the hours are pretty flexible depending on your supervisor. The environment is fairly collaborative.
It's easy to fall into a routine here.
Awesome College
Assistant to Department Chair of Transportation (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 26, 2018
I was blessed to be employed as work-study student and also work in the presidents office during one summer, which gave me more experience of customer services and administrative roll.
Pros
good hours
Cons
didnt get hired
College community
Department Chair, Paralegal Technology (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 15, 2018
I am pleased to work with great people from the Dean of our area through the dedicated faculty and staff.
The College supports our efforts and provides the tools needed to accomplish the task of instructing our students.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Difficult students do rarely show up!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forsyth Technical Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3