Fort Bend Independent School District Employee Reviews

Sped
SPED staff (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 29, 2018
I work at a title one school. in Fort Bend ISD. It takes patience and the love for kids and education to work this population, don't expect parent involvement.
Pros
Cons
Salary
Great School District
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 20, 2018
A great place to work, I wish they hire internally first prior to going to other district and bringing other in. The application process has become extremely tedious and overbearing.
Pros
Lunches off
Cons
Parents, Student
productive
Cash Management, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sugarland, TXNovember 20, 2018
typical day at work was followed by an strict schedule, workplace was very inviting and most enjoyable part was interacting with coworkers and being team players
Professional growth and development highly encouraged
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Fresno, TXNovember 10, 2018
Self growth and professional development was highly encouraged; diversity of staff was recognized.

I learned that the SKY is the limit and each individual determines how far and high one wants to achieve in this life.
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXOctober 8, 2018
Great place to work and my coworkers are very nice. It is a hard working environment and my coworkers are very nice. When it is time to get off, you get off in a timely manner. There is gain for overtime for anyone who desires it.
Enjoyed my time there
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXOctober 2, 2018
I taught in the Fort Bend Independent School District for 14 years as an ELA teacher and Choir Director. The most fulfilling time for me was when I was teaching music.
No comment
Teacher (Special Education) (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 25, 2018
FBISD is an okay place to work the pay is comprable however the atmosphere is not good it is a cut through industry they are not very supportive of the teachers they will throw you under the bus to save themselves it's very stressful
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor hours poor atmosphere no support
Excellent
Physical Education and Health Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Very inviting place to work with an outstanding staff and administration. A lot of students but handled very well. Plenty of space and equipment to do the job.
Pros
Cons
Non
Eventhough my current employer is as an Educator I have over 10 years experience in the Corporate Culture.
SPED Non Severe Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Ridgegate ElementarySeptember 18, 2018
Currently working as a Non-Severe Paraprofessional in Fortbend ISD at Ridgegate Elementary for 2 yrs. A typical day at work is providing in class support to 1 to 4 Special Education and ESL students in general education classes. The support subjects are Reading, Writing, Math, Science, and Social Students. I have learned that I cannot teach students if I cannot reach them. I accomplish this by using listening skills, use strategies, rigor, differentiation, relevant, diversity, creativity, and focus. The hardest part of my day is classroom management. What keeps me focused is that children are our future. It is my goal to inspire, motivate, encourage, and help the student advance to a successful future. I am an author “Success Is Chasing You” published by Strang Communications and National Assoc. Christian Counselor.
Pros
It's time for a change from Education to Corporate America.
Cons
The only cons would be location due to excessive traffic.
School Bus Driver.
school bus operator (Former Employee) –  Sugarland, TXSeptember 16, 2018
Paying attention to routes, schedules, and safety. Good job if someone else in the household is working too. Not ideal for one person to maintain cost of living.
Pros
Driving.
Cons
Not sufficient.

Want to know more about Fort Bend Independent School District?

Ask a question
productive
Substitute teacher (Current Employee) –  Sugar LandSeptember 15, 2018
productive and amazing palce to work. friendly staff, great management, and diverse community. teacher are very good, students are very smart to work with
awesome
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Fresno, TXSeptember 12, 2018
A joy to do your part in children's lives! Great work environment full of great people. Every day you learn something new. This district wants to help you grow!
family atmosphere
Middle School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 10, 2018
worked in a relaxed but important department within the district. coordinated off campus as well as on campus field trips for students of all age groups, supervised and evaluated personnel to insure high performance levels, taught state mandated driver certification courses.
Pros
family atmosphere with all working for a common purpose
Cons
on call 24/7
Perfect School System
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Missouri City, TXSeptember 8, 2018
If you love kiids and fun environment...Fort Bend has it all. Keeps the parents involved and the kids hungry for a positive future. Competitve sports and lots of after school acitivites...wide range of activities
Great Enviornment
HVAC Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXAugust 24, 2018
FBISD has a fast past working environment which requires the ability to sustain stressful and long hours. If you can maintain high performance while under great stress and pressure then this working environment you will be very successful.
Productive Atmosphere
English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort BendAugust 22, 2018
An average day began with some sort of meeting. Then there was a brief time we had to work in our rooms. Before the students came we borke into various work places to either admit them or to supervise the cafeteria.
We had seven time periods - one of which was a planning period. After the final bell rang, we stayed to supervise the students from the buildig.
Generally there was some work to be done at home.

Workplace culture - for the most part teachers got along and supported each other.
Hardest part of the job - continuously changing computer demands
Most enjoyable part of the job - seeing students develop
Dream Job
VIDEO AND GRAPHIC SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXAugust 16, 2018
This was my dream job and I loved the people that I worked with. Unfortunately, the job ended due to financial problems of the district. I learned a lot and was given the opportunity to really grow
Active and friendly environment with down-to-earth, friendly individuals
Aide, Special Education, Severe (Former Employee) –  Fresno, TXAugust 13, 2018
The individuals with whom I worked directly and indirectly all provided a fun, safe and professional learning environment for children grades K-5 with and without any disabilities.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
Love being blue to work and still spend time with my family. Benefits are pretty good, ten vacation days per year, one day per month off. Nice area to work in.
Great District
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Missouri City, TXJuly 16, 2018
Great district to work for. Tend to be a lack of needed teachers in certain areas like special education and it seems like it is like that to save money.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
Don't pay teachers enough