Fort Bend Independent School District Employee Reviews

Being an educator
Secondary School Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMarch 17, 2019
Teaching would be a more pleasant job if extra time was granted during the school day to lesson plan, grade, answer emails, attend meetings, prepare all administrative paperwork, and make parent contacts.
The culture is highly stressful because of the lack of time allotted during the workday.
Management is fine, but it is important to state that everyone is very busy.
Pros
Educated kids
Cons
Short lunches
Decent place to work
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 11, 2019
I only worked at FBISD for a few months. I found the work atmosphere to be pleasant... If you do not have a CDL they provide on the job training and will assist you in obtaining your license.

The job is a split shift position... you work a few hours in the AM beginning at 5-6 and then return for the afternoon runs 1-5. This may work for some but not others. I viewed it as working a 12 hour day with a 4 hour lunch break...

The culture was pretty laid back. The coworkers were all cool and everyone got along well with each other.
Pros
good atmosphere, decent pay, good coworkers, the kids
Cons
long work day, the kids
Great Experience
Instructional Designer & Instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2019
Enjoy my time with the organization. Day to day tasks consisted of managing different tasks. Culture was very upbeat, friendly and willing to help. I enjoyed my experience here.
Great District
English Teacher - 10th grade (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXFebruary 24, 2019
Loved working in this district; co-workers were very helpful in working with me on my lesson plans; students were very respectful and lots of parent involvement.
Pros
Great atmospher
Cons
N/a
Great Experience
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXFebruary 23, 2019
On an average day a teacher will have left a lesson plan and I would follow the lesson plan.I would maintain the culture and integrity of school,Fort bend for students and staff.
ASL Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXFebruary 20, 2019
I can see this as being a place someone would go straight out of college and stay until retirement! That being said, there is a pay cap with most staff positions that I think is low.
Fort Bend is a productive, positive and goal oriented workplace
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Missouri City, TXFebruary 15, 2019
A typical work day at Fort Bend ISD is to welcome our students in for the day with a smile and word of encouragement. I have learned how to manage my time between students, staff and work. Prioritizing is most important in the success of your day.

The hardest part of the is job when ensuring that every student has what he/she needs that particular day from a hot meal to warm clothing to a kind word. When a student is concerned about issues that he/she has no control over or they attempt to handle adult matters.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a smile on a student's face when they have accomplished a goal/task that they were struggling with. At the end of the day, when your students leave you with a hug, smile or a word of hope. It's a great feeling to know that you somehow made a positive difference in the life a student.
Pros
Warm reception of staff and students; free meals for students;
Cons
The pay of the position
Decent Job
Teacher/Coach (Current Employee) –  Missouri City, TXFebruary 6, 2019
A typical day at work (on my teaching job) is extremely busy; beginning at 6:50 AM with preparation and tutorials. I learned that good preparation and lesson plans makes the day go much smoother. Good lesson plans lead to good time management. Making notes to self is very important in order to be able to manage time, paperwork (general ed, special ed, 504, and ESL), grades, discipline, phone calls, and emails to and from parents for 150 students. Handling messaging (emails, etc.) from other colleagues and administration takes quite a bit of time as well. A positive workplace culture plays a big role in helping to endure the trials of a stressful job. The hardest part of the job is the day to day management of peoples' attitudes. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the implemented successfully and kids being successful!
Pros
once you learn the job, it gets a little easier
Cons
bound by bell schedule, SPED paperwork and hoops
Strong Leader in Educational Change
Fourth Grade Teacher (Current Employee) –  Missouri City, TXFebruary 1, 2019
FBISD offers a robust array of professional development options throughout the district. Pilot programs for new and cutting edge technologies and research-based educational programs are the norm.
Too many initiatives
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 29, 2019
Every year there is something new in addition to what we had in the past. Lots of fixing things that aren’t broken. District is run more like a Walmart than a school district. The “customer is always right” philosophy doesn’t work well when it comes to education.
Cons
High insurance premiums, pay, support from central office
Fbisd
Administration (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2019
FBISD is a great place to learn and grow as a leader. There are opportunities for professional development. There is a great support network for aspiring leaders.
Great schools, enjoy the workshops meeting new employees
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sugarland, TXJanuary 18, 2019
Best district to work for, pays the most. I enjoyed working there, they believe in promoting within. If you leave on good standards they will welcome you back.
Pros
Promoting within
Cons
Working in the summer lol
Loved teaching
3rd Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 14, 2019
I enjoyed my job and my students. But balancing my family time and my work load was very overwhelming at times. FBISD was a very demanding work place that required a lot of your time seven days a week.
Pros
Pay is better than most districts
Cons
Work load
Great place to work with school age children.
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Fort Bend has been a rewarding place to work because their goal is to give the students a great educational experience. A student's education is top priority and it should be. As an employee that started out with just a high school diploma, I adopted that same attitude and obtained several degrees during my tenure.
Pros
Able to be off when my children were off.
A Day at School
Receptionist - Front Office (Current Employee) –  Missouri City, TXJanuary 14, 2019
There was no typical day at work. Every day provided new challenges and opportunities to sharpen my customer service skills. As the receptionist, I represented the first impression of our school for parents, FBISD employees, and students. One of the hardest challenges was to diffuse angry parents until they could verbalize their needs and I could direct them to the appropriate person to handle their concerns. All of the skills I have learned, I have incorporated into my every day life. The most enjoyable part of the job has been the many friends I have made over the years and when students come back to visit because I made an impact o them.
Pros
Extended holidays off
Cons
Limited Mobility ( someone always needs to be at the reception desk)
Need more discipline
Non Severe Special Ed Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort bend ISDJanuary 6, 2019
The lack of discipline for the behavior of the students need to be escalated so that the students can get the message what is acceptable and tolerated.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Low pay
Its a good district to work for.
Non-Severe Aide Special Education (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 6, 2019
Morning duty, Services children according to their IEP. Manage behavior and learning deficiencies. Monitors children during recess and outclass. I love to see children accomplishing tasks that they think is impossible. It can be stressful at times, but patience is the key.
Pros
Time-off
Stressful environment and overworking of employees
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 4, 2019
I am an experienced educator with experience in 5 districts. This has been the most stressful teaching position held. No room for creativity, no voice.
Very productive place to work and grow
Associate Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 3, 2019
I worked part time as an Associate and was as busy as I wanted to be. Great place to work and grow. There are always jobs available on the website for those who are interested to apply.
Ambiente de trabajo en equipo capacitaciones, permiten superarse académicamente, seguro de vida minimo excelente ambiente para yrabajar
Asistente de custodian Lead (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 30, 2018
Muy buena no tengo nada de negativo para está empresa, excelente personal excelente área de trabajo
Pros
Seguro médico privado