Fort Bend Independent School District Employee Reviews

Enjoyed my time with Fort Bend was able to call home for many years and would gladly return even in todays world.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 23, 2018
I would gladly return in Todays Market Place and instill in the young minds the faculty teaches to learn everything they possibly can and reach for the sky because tomorrow isn't promised to any of us
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Good
Licensed Speech Language Pathology Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 13, 2018
I enjoyed the staff and my supervisor was extremely helpful, I enjoyed the interactions with all the kids. It was a wonderful experience and I left due to they were no longer hiring contractors.
Lack strong tenure for teachers
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 12, 2018
Great Place to work and great people, however it is too easy for a teacher to lose their job and or teachers certificate because of fraudulent student investigations.
Pros
Great peer staff
Cons
lack of support from administrations when it comes to parents
Professional Learning Lead (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXJune 10, 2018
Fort Bend ISD provides a supportive, collaborative environment in which teachers are valued. Teacher salaries are on par with surrounding districts. Opportunities exist for teacher advancement without an advanced degree.
Good!
DIGITAL LEARNING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 6, 2018
My job as a teacher was fairly manageable. I enjoyed working on my campus and we were very collaborative! Everyone was willing to help each other and we learned a lot from each other!
Extended Day is Boss depending
Extended Day Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 4, 2018
In the extended day your job consists of insuring that children have fun after school until they're picked up by their parents. Typical day = Get them in, get them fed, get them some fun, get them home. In the 4 hours after school a lot happens and you must stay on your toes because if you are responsible for 20-30 kindergartners do not expect them to be quiet; but those same children will be expecting you to run program with them. Program here being games, crafts, and other activities.

The hardest part of the job is having to deal with a terrible boss (disregard if your boss is awesome). I loved my boss, then she went on maternity leave and her sub was one who turned this fun job into something that I dreaded. When she came back so did my love of the job.

Bottom Line, this is a fun job if you have a good boss. The pay isn't bad for a part time job, but it is a stepping stone job. There are opportunities for advancement within the department but they are few and far between.
Pros
Your job is to make sure children have fun! You will get 20-30 hugs a day.
Cons
A bad manager can make the job horrible. Older children do not give hugs.
Pleasent working conditions
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 4, 2018
Productive, exciting, and a learning experience. The hardest job was student behavior. Fort Bend ISD is a great place to work. The hours were on point.
Pros
Staff was friendly and cordial
Cons
Substitute teachers should be recognize
Excitement and laughter and a moment to confirm that one can make a difference in a persons life.
PARA PROFESSIONAL (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 1, 2018
Awesome coworkers, experienced management team, great hours. Close to home and availability to great schools for kids. Safe environment for family and friends,
Pros
work hours
Great Work Life Balance
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Missouri City, TXMay 24, 2018
Great company to work for in Missouri City, TX. Great Work life balance, kid friendly environment, close to home. Cost of benefits are really bight monthly rate for families.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
High Benefits
Productive and collaborative environment
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 15, 2018
Teachers at the same grade level are very helpful and attentive to being a new employer.It was a very cohesive and friendly team to work with. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with over 120 students' papers to grade.
It was a job
Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  Houston,TexasMay 10, 2018
A typical day at work would to be there at 5;45 in the morning walk out the driver pre trip the bus and then start our day.
How to have the love and conpassion for a special needs child
Management was not professional,if u were not part of there click then u did not get what they got
Collaborative school focused on the advancement of learners
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 5, 2018
The greatest joy of teaching is working with the children, molding young minds, and developing independent thinkers. I have also learned what a collaborative team can accomplish and its importance to a positive workplace environment. I have learned to use the leadership skills and strengths in myself that I did not know I had. We have a great principal who respects the teachers as complete people who need time with the family and enjoying life. The hardest part of teaching is the intense pressure from STAAR testing imposed by state expectations.
Pros
You receive many hugs and appreciative notes from your students, you see the joy of the world through kids eyes, you get to watch kids grow and learn, it is a great feeling to be part of encouraging students
Cons
It is difficult to make personal business phone calls, it is also difficult to go to an occasional doctor's appointment, you have to take a whole day off, you also have provide plans for a substitute.
Middle School
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 2, 2018
I enjoyed working at FBISD. I enjoyed the interaction with the students. Middle School students are a challenge, but fun to see the maturity they go through over three years
The only thing I did not like was having to cover classes when a substitute did not show up. It then put me behind on getting my work completed.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
covering classes
Fort Bend is truly an excellent school district to teach in. It is so professionally run from the district office!
11th grade English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TX 77407May 2, 2018
Fort Bend is one of the best run school districts in Houston! It doesn't just staff its campuses with family members and friends. Everyone is valued!
Teaching in fbisd
Math Instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2018
Any teaching environment can be stressful. Many factors were enticed by administration. Must be flexible to change at any moment. Many difference to teaching now than in past years.
Great environment for education
TECHNOLOGY TEACHER / TECHNOLOGY MENTOR (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXApril 27, 2018
Supportive administration, many opportunities for growth and additional responsibility.

Still one of the fastest growing parts of the country.

Many employees have been there for many years, indicating stability.
Productive and fun working environment
EXTENDED LEARNING GROUP LEADER (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXApril 24, 2018
I enjoyed working with children. I love the structure of the extended day program it was well put together. If the job was full time and offered benefits I would still be there.
Pros
Being off on all holidays and going on filed trips.
Cons
Not enough hours and no benefits
up coming fast paced district
ESL Fourth Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2018
I loved working with the students and parents in this district. FBISD, is a fast upcoming district. FBISD is the second largest district in Houston Texas.
Rewarding but challenging
5th Grade Math & Science Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2018
Rewarding career that carries a lot of stress and extra work outside of work. If you have a passion to teach then being a teacher is obviously for you. If you are just experimenting with the profession you will feel overwhelmed.
Pros
Summers off
Cons
A lot of stress
Fun work place.
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TX 77478April 18, 2018
Nice staff, they look out for you. Only problem as a Substitute it is $10.00 per hour or $85.00 per day or $42.50 half day. Not allowed to work during Summer as a Sub and no benefits: no dental, no medical and health insurance.
Pros
Nice atmosphere. They support you, nice schools.
Cons
No benefits, except you work towards becoming a teacher!