Fort Bend Independent School District Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Dream Job
VIDEO AND GRAPHIC SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXAugust 16, 2018
This was my dream job and I loved the people that I worked with. Unfortunately, the job ended due to financial problems of the district. I learned a lot and was given the opportunity to really grow
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
Love being blue to work and still spend time with my family. Benefits are pretty good, ten vacation days per year, one day per month off. Nice area to work in.
Great District
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Missouri City, TXJuly 16, 2018
Great district to work for. Tend to be a lack of needed teachers in certain areas like special education and it seems like it is like that to save money.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
Don't pay teachers enough
excellent
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 12, 2018
Great place to work! Family oriented and flexible schedules and lots of days off! Limited income and growth potential. Long days and lots of communication
Pros
days off
Cons
short luches
great place to work
Custodian Supervisor (Former Employee) –  sugarlandJuly 9, 2018
the fort bend isd school district is a very nice place to work benefits are great and the staff is very friendly and being around children is a plus..
Pros
great benifits and staff is very friend
Cons
working evenings
sub
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2018
I loved being a sub. I would sub as a career in this school district if I was able to make a living off of it. the amount of money getting paid is great if you are retired and just need something to keep you busy. definitely not enough to live off of
Pros
the kids
Cons
the pay
I personally enjoyed the kids, I liked working with them.
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 26, 2018
Productive. Employees were very friendly. The environment was cool. We loved the students and they loved us as as well. We worked as teams, helped each other out, job was fun and quite interesting. We learned from from each other.
Great Exprience
Special Education Para-Professional (Inclusion) (Former Employee) –  Bush High SchoolJune 25, 2018
I had a good experience working with Fortbend Independent School district. I will recommend others to go there.During my working there I had a good management team.
Enjoyed my time with Fort Bend was able to call home for many years and would gladly return even in todays world.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 23, 2018
I would gladly return in Todays Market Place and instill in the young minds the faculty teaches to learn everything they possibly can and reach for the sky because tomorrow isn't promised to any of us
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Good
Licensed Speech Language Pathology Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 13, 2018
I enjoyed the staff and my supervisor was extremely helpful, I enjoyed the interactions with all the kids. It was a wonderful experience and I left due to they were no longer hiring contractors.
Lack strong tenure for teachers
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 12, 2018
Great Place to work and great people, however it is too easy for a teacher to lose their job and or teachers certificate because of fraudulent student investigations.
Pros
Great peer staff
Cons
lack of support from administrations when it comes to parents
Professional Learning Lead (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXJune 10, 2018
Fort Bend ISD provides a supportive, collaborative environment in which teachers are valued. Teacher salaries are on par with surrounding districts. Opportunities exist for teacher advancement without an advanced degree.
Good!
DIGITAL LEARNING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 6, 2018
My job as a teacher was fairly manageable. I enjoyed working on my campus and we were very collaborative! Everyone was willing to help each other and we learned a lot from each other!
Extended Day is Boss depending
Extended Day Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 4, 2018
In the extended day your job consists of insuring that children have fun after school until they're picked up by their parents. Typical day = Get them in, get them fed, get them some fun, get them home. In the 4 hours after school a lot happens and you must stay on your toes because if you are responsible for 20-30 kindergartners do not expect them to be quiet; but those same children will be expecting you to run program with them. Program here being games, crafts, and other activities.

The hardest part of the job is having to deal with a terrible boss (disregard if your boss is awesome). I loved my boss, then she went on maternity leave and her sub was one who turned this fun job into something that I dreaded. When she came back so did my love of the job.

Bottom Line, this is a fun job if you have a good boss. The pay isn't bad for a part time job, but it is a stepping stone job. There are opportunities for advancement within the department but they are few and far between.
Pros
Your job is to make sure children have fun! You will get 20-30 hugs a day.
Cons
A bad manager can make the job horrible. Older children do not give hugs.
Pleasent working conditions
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 4, 2018
Productive, exciting, and a learning experience. The hardest job was student behavior. Fort Bend ISD is a great place to work. The hours were on point.
Pros
Staff was friendly and cordial
Cons
Substitute teachers should be recognize
Excitement and laughter and a moment to confirm that one can make a difference in a persons life.
PARA PROFESSIONAL (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 1, 2018
Awesome coworkers, experienced management team, great hours. Close to home and availability to great schools for kids. Safe environment for family and friends,
Pros
work hours
Great Work Life Balance
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Missouri City, TXMay 24, 2018
Great company to work for in Missouri City, TX. Great Work life balance, kid friendly environment, close to home. Cost of benefits are really bight monthly rate for families.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
High Benefits
Productive and collaborative environment
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 15, 2018
Teachers at the same grade level are very helpful and attentive to being a new employer.It was a very cohesive and friendly team to work with. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with over 120 students' papers to grade.
It was a job
Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  Houston,TexasMay 10, 2018
A typical day at work would to be there at 5;45 in the morning walk out the driver pre trip the bus and then start our day.
How to have the love and conpassion for a special needs child
Management was not professional,if u were not part of there click then u did not get what they got
Collaborative school focused on the advancement of learners
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 5, 2018
The greatest joy of teaching is working with the children, molding young minds, and developing independent thinkers. I have also learned what a collaborative team can accomplish and its importance to a positive workplace environment. I have learned to use the leadership skills and strengths in myself that I did not know I had. We have a great principal who respects the teachers as complete people who need time with the family and enjoying life. The hardest part of teaching is the intense pressure from STAAR testing imposed by state expectations.
Pros
You receive many hugs and appreciative notes from your students, you see the joy of the world through kids eyes, you get to watch kids grow and learn, it is a great feeling to be part of encouraging students
Cons
It is difficult to make personal business phone calls, it is also difficult to go to an occasional doctor's appointment, you have to take a whole day off, you also have provide plans for a substitute.