Fort Bend Independent School District Management reviews

Decent Job
Teacher/Coach (Current Employee) –  Missouri City, TXFebruary 6, 2019
A typical day at work (on my teaching job) is extremely busy; beginning at 6:50 AM with preparation and tutorials. I learned that good preparation and lesson plans makes the day go much smoother. Good lesson plans lead to good time management. Making notes to self is very important in order to be able to manage time, paperwork (general ed, special ed, 504, and ESL), grades, discipline, phone calls, and emails to and from parents for 150 students. Handling messaging (emails, etc.) from other colleagues and administration takes quite a bit of time as well. A positive workplace culture plays a big role in helping to endure the trials of a stressful job. The hardest part of the job is the day to day management of peoples' attitudes. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the implemented successfully and kids being successful!
Pros
once you learn the job, it gets a little easier
Cons
bound by bell schedule, SPED paperwork and hoops
A typical day at work
Full -Time Custodian (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 12, 2018
My experience at Fort Bend was a profitable one i learned many cleaning, and social skills i didn't have before. I learned the best way to deal with different people's attitudes and the management was very professional and enlightening the workplace culture was that of different kinds of faces, countries, and backgrounds. Te hardest part of the job was letting it go i really enjoyed my time at Fort Bend and would gladly work for them again.
Pros
Free Snacks
Cons
The heavy clean after a function
Eventhough my current employer is as an Educator I have over 10 years experience in the Corporate Culture.
SPED Non Severe Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Ridgegate ElementarySeptember 18, 2018
Currently working as a Non-Severe Paraprofessional in Fortbend ISD at Ridgegate Elementary for 2 yrs. A typical day at work is providing in class support to 1 to 4 Special Education and ESL students in general education classes. The support subjects are Reading, Writing, Math, Science, and Social Students. I have learned that I cannot teach students if I cannot reach them. I accomplish this by using listening skills, use strategies, rigor, differentiation, relevant, diversity, creativity, and focus. The hardest part of my day is classroom management. What keeps me focused is that children are our future. It is my goal to inspire, motivate, encourage, and help the student advance to a successful future. I am an author “Success Is Chasing You” published by Strang Communications and National Assoc. Christian Counselor.
Pros
It's time for a change from Education to Corporate America.
Cons
The only cons would be location due to excessive traffic.
productive
Substitute teacher (Current Employee) –  Sugar LandSeptember 15, 2018
productive and amazing palce to work. friendly staff, great management, and diverse community. teacher are very good, students are very smart to work with
Great Exprience
Special Education Para-Professional (Inclusion) (Former Employee) –  Bush High SchoolJune 25, 2018
I had a good experience working with Fortbend Independent School district. I will recommend others to go there.During my working there I had a good management team.
Poor leadership, management, teacher morale
Instructor of Government and Economics (Current Employee) –  Richmond, TXJune 4, 2018
Teacher morale is very low. Very high turnover rate. Too many disruptions of instructional time. Teachers are written up for most minor infractions while student behavior is largely ignored.
Excitement and laughter and a moment to confirm that one can make a difference in a persons life.
PARA PROFESSIONAL (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 1, 2018
Awesome coworkers, experienced management team, great hours. Close to home and availability to great schools for kids. Safe environment for family and friends,
Pros
work hours
It was a job
Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  Houston,TexasMay 10, 2018
A typical day at work would to be there at 5;45 in the morning walk out the driver pre trip the bus and then start our day.
How to have the love and conpassion for a special needs child
Management was not professional,if u were not part of there click then u did not get what they got
Decent workplace
Assistant Site Director (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMarch 18, 2018
A typical day at work. Working with the kids is a joy of its own. Some of the management could use a change, but overall a fantastic company to work for.
Pros
Working with kids
On Going
AP Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMarch 9, 2018
The work here is an ongoing work environment. You may do the say on the daily but I enjoy it any way. I feel management is far. The hardest part of the work is the summer hours.
Working with kids in Fort Bend ISD
Hall Monitor (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXFebruary 19, 2018
Working on the middle school grounds of Fort Bend ISD and ensure the safety of all students, faculty and staff. Making sure proper building doors were locked down to keep out unwanted persons. Secure hallways during school to ensure the students were where they needed to be. Management were considered to be the principals of the school and everyone was pretty much considered to be on the same level. it was one big team. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude and unruly parents. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to reach and help kids in need.
Pros
great environment
Cons
low pay
FBISD IT Department
SR. DESKTOP ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXFebruary 6, 2018
I have been at FBISD for more than 5 years now. I have grown very little in this time. Job placement is very stagnant and doesn't allow for growth within the IT department. Management is very poor and does not spent time in the field to learn how the techs operate. Instead the compile data and try to run a government entity like a business. All current management has no ISD experience and no clue what they are doing. Only positive about working here are the M-F hours and the time off.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Everything else
Stressful and too Political
Math Specialist/ Department Chair/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXFebruary 2, 2018
Fort Bend is a district that practice the good ole boy system. Unqualified people are promoted because of friendship. The leadership does not focus on what's best for the students and teachers.
Relaxed and easy work environment throughout the day.
Textbook Associate (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXJanuary 30, 2018
A typical day at Fort Bend warehouse, come in make deliverers, and stocking around the warehouse. Learned how to interact with customers. Management was some of the best i've had in the workplace. The hardest part about the job is when we make a delivery to a school and no ones there to sign for it or and way for us to drop off the books. Most enjoyable about the job is going from school to school seeing what they look like and how they look on the inside.
Academic and Social Excellence
Librarian/Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 14, 2018
Elementary Rotation of 6 classes daily Kindergarten to 5th
Book Review
Book Check in and out
Information Skills Lesson
Learning Stations
Dismissal
Pros
Execellent planning
Cons
Time management
Very good work environment
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2018
I would recommend Fort Bend to anyone thinking about driving a school bus. The management were very helpful and eager to provide assistance. The children were very well behaved.
Fbisd
Social Studies Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 22, 2017
Fort Bend Independent School District (specifically Clements HS) was a great place to work, I love my coworkers and my immediate management. I personally put in a lot of hours between teaching, coaching, and athletic coordinator duties and I am just looking for a change. I would recommend working for FBISD, I had an overall excellent experience.
Para-Educator (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TX 77479October 5, 2017
Implements and administers into daily student instruction appropriate educational curriculum, which is aligned with the Texas State Standards. Ensures the opportunity for all students to learn in a supportive environment. Creates and maintains a positive and orderly learning condition in the physical education environment. Develops and implements the Components of an Effective Lesson for instruction. Analyzes student progress and provides appropriate instruction. Provides a classroom management/discipline plan ensuring safety at all times. Ensures assessment regulations and guidelines are followed at all times.
Productive and making a difference environment
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 18, 2017
From start to finish, it is about the students. A day in the classroom ranges from instructional time to how to to something as little as tying their shoe laces. Classroom management is huge when working with students in order to get the curriculum achieved. The culture is very diverse depending on which school I am at. The hardest part of teaching is either dealing with a parent who is not supportive or watching a child get punished for defending themself. There are many good parts me being in an educational environment but the best part would be when a student finally gets the lesson and he/she can explain it back to me.
Productive workplace
Assistant Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 11, 2017
As an Assistant Site Coordinator it was a fun part time job. Management was excellent, from the Site Coordinator to the Supervisors that work separately from us, but visit on occasion. Most of the students at FBISD are very nice to work with, as well as their parents. At this job we spend the day with students and do homework, clubs, play outside, in the gym and in the activity room. The culture was nice and friendly. All my co-workers and I always got along, as well as with co-workers from other sites. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the friendships and the kids. The hardest part is there are not a lot of hours since it is an after school position.
Pros
Kids, environment, management, friendships
Cons
few hours