Fort Dearborn Company Employee Reviews

Featured review
Fort Dearborn Company selected this as a representative review
Productive and Fast paced work enviorment
Floor Manager/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 13, 2018
Fort Dearborn was a very good company to work for, they pushed me to do my best and offered many new opportunities. I started as a jogger making labels for cans and was quickly able to move to floor manager.
Save yourself and don't work here
Full time employee (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 23, 2019
Horrible company that is always changing directions on a daily basis. Not to mention management and corporate couldn't give a care less about you and who you work with. Benefits keep going up but you get less.No vision or direction.
Pros
You learn you are more valuable than what they can give
Cons
Pretty much everything. Avoid.
was a good place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 10, 2019
The King of Prussia Pennsylvania facility was relocated to Kentucky. Fort Dearborn King of Prussia was a good place to work with a fine in-house management team.
Productive work place
Material Handler/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVApril 1, 2019
My department was small and consisted of 2 people to run all material handling. I feel that alot of the management is extremely unproffesional. Over and okay work environment.
Pros
Monthly lunches
Cons
Stagnant job
Became A Disgrace
None (Current Employee) –  Utah County, UTApril 1, 2019
Employer took vacation away after working all year said they could because they can change the handbook of rules anytime so taking benefits that are what they are supposed to be benefits basically robbed all its employees blame game on everyone except upper management no accountability shady as ever steer clear from working here ...
hard labor
Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILFebruary 6, 2019
There is no Communication in this place very poor management and also to many family members working together on same shifts with that being said to much favoritism going on with shifts and overtime.
Great stepping stone to get into Manufacturing
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 26, 2019
Not a bad place to start out in production/ Manufacturing. 12 hour shifts. Small staff. Personal leadership in management. Good front office. Good employees
Not the right leadership and strategy
Employee (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILJanuary 16, 2019
The company was on the right path but leadership and the strategy changed. Lots of people leaving. There is constant change and the culture is not the same.
No culture & to much benefits for the bosses
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCJanuary 12, 2019
Use to be a good place to work. Now with new CEO & management it isn't the same. All changes benefit the bosses & they don't seem to care about the longest tenure employees. Would not suggest working for Fort Dearborn Company
Pros
Free lunched
Cons
Short breaks & no culture
high pace job
Quailty Clerk (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILJanuary 1, 2019
i mange 2 shifts had to make sure all jobs went out correct
i work as a team enjoy going to work,new management took over and changing everything. i was a fast pace job
HR Manager was very unprofessional
Press Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 8, 2018
Management shows favoritism. Company- wide attendance policies are not consistent for all employees. Morale is absolutely horrible. Very negative environment, beginning at human resources continuing through the production. This place has absolutely zero respect for fellow employees. Tenure is definitely not encouraged. The turn- over ratio at the Louisville facility is ridiculously high. Upper management has no regard for employees, especially human resources. The human resources mgr. Does NOT act as a liason between employees and mgmnt. Instead, she is rude to employees, and carries around an unprofessional attitude.
Plate Mounter (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILNovember 14, 2018
Nice work pay could have been better also no job security went for 12 hours to 8 did my job drew short stick problem with lead but resoveld still let go
Pros
Good job
Cons
Lead you can not disagree with lead
Pretty Decent
Press Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCNovember 13, 2018
Fort Dearborn is pretty good at making temps feel comfortable especially if they are entirely new to the field. The wage for temporary employees is relatively the same in most places but they do pay a good deal more upon hiring as a permanent employee. I would have stayed had there not been an issue with the staffing agency and the long commute.
Pros
Great chance to learn a new field, Management
Cons
Hours
Fun work experience with my co-workers
Packer (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAOctober 9, 2018
A typical day of work for me was waiting on re-winders to get rolls ready for me, while I go and help out others in the plant. I would go and get things they needed from around the plant that required a forklift. Then I would pack up and get everything I have done ready to ship out.
Productive and competitive fun place to work
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAAugust 27, 2018
I would recommend fort Dearborn to anyone who is interested in that kind of work. I had a wonderful time working at fort Dearborn it's heart breaking to the very thorough of me leaving
Cons
Not bad at all just up and down with work hours
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAAugust 17, 2018
I was able to work at fort dearborn through express and even after all my hard work and time i put into my job i eventually ended up jobless because of lack of work for the company
This is a very productive place to work.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJuly 17, 2018
You must be customer focused; detail oriented; organized; good with people and have great follow up skills.
I have learned to be flexible and to treat each situation uniquely.
The management group is very experienced.
It's a great culture of hard working individuals.
The hardest part of the job is leaving work on time. I always want to make sure everyone is serviced well before I leave for the evening.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a group of wonderful people.
Original company Southeastern Printing, was sold to Fort Dearborn
Jr. Accountant for roll fed label manufacturer (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLJune 20, 2018
I enjoyed my position through Southeastern Printing/Core Label. When we were sold, we were organizing inventory, cash receipts, A/R and A/P. Once this was completed, we were laid off, after being told they would find a position for us.
Fast paced
Cutter Operator (Current Employee) –  Niles, ILMay 20, 2018
Fast paced and high stress environment. Managers do not communicate with each other and rarely listen to employees to correct internal quality or maintenance issues.
Pros
A lot of overtime
Cons
High pressure and stressfull environment.
Overall good company
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVMay 19, 2018
Their 401K match is very generous. They are lean oriented and focused on safety for employees. They offer flexible schedules for office staff to be able to attend college.
High demand market
Production (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 29, 2018
Good benefits, good pay. Need to cleanse the production floor of negative attitudes. There is a lot of potential here. People need to be developed into skilled craft

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fort Dearborn Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight