Fort Dearborn Company
44Low

Fort Dearborn Company Employee Reviews

United States102 reviews
I like the amount of hrs. The pay is ok, and I would definitely work there again. Usually start as hand help, which is not fun, but bust your hind quarters and they'll move you to a more rewarding position.
Pros
Hours, shift swapping
Cons
Lower pay for pressroom
Unless you wanna be lied to, over worked, under paid, & unappreciated, DONT! Only certain people get treated fairly & its NOT based on job performance.
as long as your there to make money you will like it, that is the only thing to like! management is okay on first shift only, not much communication so far as how your doing or expectations lots of childish employees as well but other than that the job itself is ok
Managers are not very supportive and never any help, constantly blaming everyone else for their mistakes.
Not much training with this job, you basically learn everything on your own.

Company offers no sick days, with very little vacation time. No work/life balance.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Work Atmosphere, Management, No Sick Days, Many More
Treat you like garbage here if you don’t fit in staff will belittle you to the max and they do not train you very poor company to work for I do not recommend it
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Management is joke at FDC Provo. You get no communication and no resources. If you have a problem then you can not count on anyone. Supervisors have zero accountability.
Senior management often in conflict with each other. Overall lack of trust for anyone not in the inner circle. Bosses with no understanding of leadership.
Management critize instead of coaching.
Nobody has the answer. Everyone you ask they refer you to someone else .

The job is risky and you dont get sick time.

You have to use your vacation for sick time .
Low pay and a lot of favoritism in this company.Expected to do everything and get paid nothing.The job culture sucks same things said over and over again in meetings and nothing ever done.
Don't do it. If this company calls you don't walk run the other way. Empty promises and the management is awful. HR is just as bad, I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.
Pros
None - other than you get paid
Cons
Environment is toxic - the people are lairs.
I started at this company as a temp and i enjoyed it for a little while. As the fort Dearborn company started to implement there changes the company itself changed into an environment i was not completely comfortable working at. The new supervisors are not knowledgeable about whats going on in certain or most area's and at time I felt as if I was teaching them.
When I 1st started there was a lot of opportunities for growth within the company. But once they were bought by a new investment group & management changed it has gone downhill. There's no life outside of work & its constant OT every week. Theres no benefits for us & its all about numbers. Not what it use to be
Leadership at the plant is awful. Lack of direction, quality is very bad, lack of truth, lots of favoritism. Benefits continue to decline to save company money. It is all about the money, not you! Lots of drama! Run away from this place as fast as you can! The only enjoyable part of the job was the great people I worked with. They deserve better.
Within the company there are great managers but there are some that only look out for themselves, pay attention when interviewing there. This company is owned by an investment group that makes decisions based on profit visibility.
micro managed, to much lean work the leadership is unorganized and does not have experience in what we do. they called in a lean company to help them fix there mess.
401k plan is very beneficial
Good health benefits

Great company to work for. Upper management is very approachable and easy to talk to and work with.

overall everyone works as a team to complete the tasks at hand. very professional environment
Good company, good work atmosphere, poor supervisors and poor management. The point system gives employees a very poor morale and it is not explained thoroughly enough hence the high employee turn over rate.
Lack of leadership and talent. If your looking to find meaningful work, with a good culture and career advancement this place is not for you. Benefits were also subpar and continued to diminish. They also had questionable HR practices and lots of turn over.
Pros
Experience navigating a dismal culture and what to avoid in the future
Cons
Too many to list.
Combination job of Accounting/ Quality & Safety was a great way to gain knowledge about the company's functions, views from two aspects.
Pros: Autonomy, team work, monthly meetings on the Company's number in target areas, growing company, safety was absolutely the first concern

Cons: Not doing what was discussed in the interview, no formal training, with a few exceptions to be a backup, managers were too busy, have to ask a co-worker, lots of time spent looking for job tickets, returns always behind in processing.

Interview process usual, textbook questions, with specific one regarding the position. Plant is in Louisville Kentucky, Shepherdsville Road.

I enjoyed working at Fort Dearborn, Safety is their first priority, there was a strong sense of accomplishment and satisfaction with most parts of the job. Team work was a very important part of the Company's work style. Many associates, sales reps, and label designers from our clients from other plants often visited and were Safety Rules instructed first, had to were safety gearing the plant, and were always fed well.

Any problems, concerns or issues that employees had were dealt with professionally, and with the employees best interests in mind. There were no cancers regarding confidentiality that was assured.
Cons
I really do enjoy the line of work that I do. Working at Fort Dearborn has given me a lot of knowledge and skill that I did not have previously. I'm always able and wiling to learn new skills.
Management sucks, No Room for advancement, And you are only a number to them. It's one rule for you and 1 rule for management, And it only works in your favor if you are a puppet to them
Pros
They have decent insurance
Cons
Terrible management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fort Dearborn Company. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
1.9Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight