FORT HOOD NATIONAL BANK

FORT HOOD NATIONAL BANK insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Great company

I loved working here but once my manager left and a newbie came , it went all down hill . The first manager was great but the new one was very sloppy , unorganized, and just on his phone in the back . He wasn’t as involved as the first manager . Working there was fun , educational, and very motivating . For birthdays we would all pitch in for a birthday cake, ect . It was just a very nice place to work and I loved the environment before the manager change .

Pros

Nice environment

Cons

Short lunches, not paid enough

Great company

Great job! Needs better pay and more diversity. Some branches conveniently have USPS, as well as western union. I liked that my branch was easy going.

Pros

Multiple locations reasonable hours

Cons

Could use better pay and needs more diversity

Great company family!

Upper management is amazing ! They definitely make you feel like family and that your opinions, ideas, concerns matter . You can always tell a good company by the longevity of their managers and VP’s . They have all been with this company 20, 30, even 40 years . It says a lot about their growth potential and job security. I enjoy working for a company that genuinely cares about their customers and employees .

Pros

Potential for advancement

Cons

Pay could be better .

Very nice people and fun

The location i worked at was on Fort Hood so we helped soldiers and their families set uo new accounts along with trying to guide them in a stable financial way

Overall good job

I liked the job but management left a lot to be desired they didn’t care about employees only the numbers of account an employee could open per day and how many customer would be retained at customer service, I felt like just a number very stressful branch that I worked at. I loved the job and the customer but you don’t get a chance to grow

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Fun workplace with great people

Management is respectful and understandable. Great for starting a banking career. Will get busy on paydays, great coworkers. Good working hours without overtime.

Enjoyed working there

Sorted mail, entered in the data for bank cards to be activated, opening accounts for new customers and delivered mail to other departments. Opened accounts for business's. The hardest part of my job was lifting the heavy mail bags. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers who called in and needed help activating bank cards or ordering new bank cards. It was also fun to compete with other departments to see who could open the most accounts.

Pros

Learning new things

Cons

Working on a Saturday

Low pay but good management

A mediocre place to work. Management was great. Pay was not. If they would pay their employees I would highly suggest it. They do give good training. Good starting job for young people.

Very great staff

I would work there again if I ever went back to Texas. Truly felt like a family and there was always work to be done and everyone was very helpful during the training process.

Great place to work and easy to gain accounts

Days at work were fun, enjoyed providing customer service by assisting all the customer with their bank to bank transactions. The hardest part of the job was to maintain accounts but by the end of the month they were met.

Learned the banking ropes here

Great job as a bank teller and customer service rep during my high school years. Learned so much in finance and customer service. This was a skill set I could use anywhere in the world the Army sent my family.

Pros

Loved the people I worked with

Cons

fast paced detail oriented environment

If you are new to the area and looking for a job. fort hood national bank has always been good with hiring military spouses and students. The entry level position is a gateway to much more opportunities with the company.

Collection/loan processor/teller

In the years I worked for Fort Hood National Bank I found very rewarding. I enjoyed working in each area of the bank. The management worked with me to learn areas for advancement. The hardest part of the job was leaving due to a move I had to make

good to work for

lerned how do new tasks manergment was easy to work for there was realy no hard part of this job most enjoyable part of job was helping coctmers day to day job was keeping aters clean

Pros

every day a jot to work

Cons

therer were no cons

Great work environment

I loved working here . Environment was awesome and one of the best jobs I have experienced. I would love to work with people in a new job like I have worked with employers here.

Pros

Great customers and love the work.

Cons

None.

Very nice employees

The app works fine and I could transfer funds easily and they're open all the time been thinking with them for 7 years and if you go out of town they are easy to call good hours

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Non

A wonderful and fun financial institution

I absolutely loved working at this institution. The work environment was fun and exciting. The encouragement to succeed was enlightening and helped me to stay driven. The management were friendly, caring, and supportive both in professional and personal relationships.

Pros

Happy work environment.

Cons

Leaving due to duty station change.

Exciting,and fast pace

I loved working in a bank as I was able to help people with their accounts, opening loans and helping with managing the account. I learned how to open & close bank accounts as well as selling financial services.

Pros

Understanding boss and co-workers

Cons

Non

Great place to start and gain banking experience

FHNB was a good place to learn and grow. Most of the people were great to work with but the pay could be a whole lot better. They serve the Soldiers in Fort Hood Texas. They cater most of their products around the military.

a day at work

I like working at fort hood national bank everyone is friendly and we get great costumers. One of the hardest part of working at FHNB is the hours we are open in my opinion too late. Everyday we get to learn something new about costumer services and how to handled different scenarios.

Friendly, Great people, Great place to work

Great place to work and supportive management. Always happy faces, never dull moment there. I enjoyed working there and getting to know all the people that I did.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FORT HOOD NATIONAL BANK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2