Fort Knox Federal Credit Union

Fort Knox Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

New Accounts Rep
Open new accounts for soldiers coming in for Basic Training that came in to Fort Knox KY. Also, worked on Saturdays and answered phones and opened new accounts for clients.
One of the best company's I've worked for
Fort knox federal credit union is a great place to work. Everyone is very welcoming and will help in away way they can. There is so much room for growth within the company and everyone wants you to succeed. I have made many great connections and value the great experiences I have had here.
Try somewhere else
Even with the decent pay and benefits upper management was difficult to work with, unrealistic expectations and often would change policies to fit their needs if they didn’t want to help a person
Do not even waste your time
Management has poor communication skills. I applied for a part time position they had available. Went to the interview and was told I would work 20 hours a week but once hired, I worked 40 hours and was fired once I asked if I could actually work the part time hours that I was hired for. Would not recommend this job. Would rather work fast food than this place.
Work Family Environment
Regular teller duties and basic transactions
Open and close CDs on teller line

IRA withdraw and Contributions on teller line

Suggest new products that could improve customers well being
Pros
Management, Co-workers, Customers
Cons
Working Weekends
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Starter Company
Not a place to stay and grow within. Go there get experience and use that to go to another company. wages are not competitive. Management does not care about employees and entire company is clicky must be a part f a click to really get anywhere.
I love FKFCU and would love to see it be better!
A typical teller day depends on which branch you work at. Some branches are much busier than others. And at the busy branches there is a lot of pressure to cross-sell and reach your incentive goals. Most of the managers do try to make it fun and add extra incentives besides money for those who get referrals in.

You will learn a lot even at just an entry-level teller position! They train you in everything from banking security procedures to cash balancing to dealing with members. They also encourage cross-training with other positions, like Member Service Reps, so you can add new ways to help members and see where you'd like to grow in the company.

However, sometimes it is hard to get noticed and move up. Most promotions are decided based on how well you cross-sell and a bit of how popular you are. A person at a small branch is more likely to be promoted over a person at a big branch because the percentage of cross-sells are skewed by branch. Someone at a small branch may yield a higher percentage of successful sales over someone at a bigger branch who actually sees more members. And employees in the new branches have an advantage of an unsaturated market. Conversely, the employees at the branches where different back-office departments are also have an advantage based on getting to know more employees.

Workplace culture depends on which branch and your manager. Some branches are more relaxed and others more strict. Most environments are fairly relaxed and everyone is really friendly and approachable. I've not had a bad experience with a fellow coworker!

The hardest
 - more...
Pros
Great benefits package, lots of different environments to work in, and they are willing to train those with no experience
Cons
Can be difficult to move up
Poor Management
Management will not step up to the plate to assist employees with issues caused by other departments or other workers. HR is awful and sloppy when handling serious work related claims that could result in the Credit Union being sued
Pros
Fixed Schedule, Pto, Health Benefits
Cons
Childish Co-Workers, Inconsistent Management
laid back, your pace job
I like the job I have and the hours but its not what i want to do for the rest of my life. The pay could be better for all the work you do and they need more staffing.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
pay
Fort Knox Credit Union was a great place to work as a teller because you can learn a lot about finance and lending. The environment was relaxing, but at times it was stressful because of the traffic of people as well as complicated tasks to deal with. All in all, it's a great place to work and the people there are always willing to help.
Pros
Benefits, manager willing to work with your schedule
Cons
Old technology
Great company, Great benefits
Never get stagnate, keeping moving up and focus on your career goals. Great benefits and there are constantly full time positions available. The defined benefits package is hard to beat. I would not be as well rounded of a professional if it were not for this company. You will be a wearer of many hats so being able to multitask is a must. Overall great company and provides many opportunities. One of the strongest credit unions in the nation so job security is a plus.
A good place to work
Fort Knox Federal is the largest Kentucky-based credit union with $1.4 billion in asset. The credit union has grown rapidly over the last 15 years increasing assets and members.
Pros
Free financial services, paid holidays, retirement programs, benefits
In a nutshell
Great job, fun environment, awesome management, flexible schedule, fast paced, always busy, great benefits, many locations to choose from, great learning potential, ways to earn commission
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not many opportunities for growth
great company and people
I love the people i work with personally, the benefits are really good for a banking job. There is not much opportunity to grow here in Danville with this company.
Great welcoming work environment
I was a floating teller who traveled distances as far as Danville, KY. Traveling allowed me to gain more experience with different products. I got to meet many employees which included fourteen branches. I learned how to dispute members issues professionally and well mannered. Giving members the information they require to solve disputes would be the best part of the job. A satisfied member. The hardest part of the job is traveling, because I traveled so often it was hard to gain the one on one experience with members individually.
For the location one of the best jobs
Fort Knox Federal Credit Union is a nice company to work for; however this company does not give the best candidates for the job an opportunity; however they do more of who you know and who you like.
Pros
health care and paid holidays
Cons
training
Awesome place to work
The environment was a great place to work. Great management and employees to work with.
Invigorating work environment
I loved this job and was so disappointed when my family relocated. It was steady work with cheerful co-workers. I enjoyed going to work, learning new things, meeting new people and the challenges that we were given by management to meet the needs of our customers on a daily basis.
Pros
Creating a rapport with the customers we saw on a regular basis.
Cons
Not always able to fully meet the customers needs, no matter how much I wanted to.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fort Knox Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.