Fort Walton Beach Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 29, 2018
I would recommend to work for Fort Walton Beach Medical Center. They give good quality care and would be my # 1 choice to receive my medical care. I am looking forward to returning here in my career.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Low pay
Love cancer care
Unit Secretary II pct lll CNA EMT (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 21, 2018
Loved my boss but when something happens and your sick there is no support from the job the staff was very supportive. They give you a job a d when you get sick they want you to train someone else to do it
fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLMay 29, 2018
It was a good day everyday cleaning rooms my manger was nice. I loved talking to pacitence and familys whille cleaning their rooms. it was nice pay with good benifits.
Diversity training severely needed in the histology lab
Histologist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Walton Beach, FLMay 22, 2018
This is an honest personal review of the lab and not the hospital.The environment in the histology lab severely needs continuous diversity and anti-bullying training from the supervisor to the co-workers. Bullying, undercover racism and harassment goes on here which made for a very toxic environment. There is a lack of professionalism and collaboration which undermines productivity. Skills and talents are undermined or overlooked due to a lack of acceptance. There were periods of low volume and at those times trying to be helpful by asking to assist co-workers or to help in other areas of the lab fell on deaf ears at times. There were even instances of being followed into storage areas when I was trying to be productive by filing during down times. The hardest part of working here was the toxic supervisor and co-workers who allowed their personal feelings to influence the work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the location that allowed me to be near one of the most beautiful beaches in Florida on a regular basis.
Pros
close to the beach
Cons
bullying, undercover racism and harassment
Cna
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLMay 9, 2018
Not a bad place to work, but be prepared to work sometimes independently because there is limited staff on the floors. If they would hire more staff, there would not be such a great need for them to request personnel to take overtime hours.
fast-pace
Telemetry Unit Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  fort waltonMarch 8, 2018
moving from a med/surg floor to TCU. Learned alot but will say that it is a tough floor, Love the people, Base pay is hear to get use to, very help staff and hospital is expanding
The only reason i stayed was for my coworkers. management was a nightmare
Fl - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLMarch 4, 2018
So far the worst place I have ever worked- mainly because of upper management. Management could care less about you as a person or your professional goals. There were no policies in place in the NICU. It was a dangerous environment as far as nursing roles and policies unverified.
Productive, fast paced, challenging.
Pft technician,staff therapist and Bronch Assist (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLFebruary 26, 2018
Worked closely with five Pulmonary Doctors , three of them are Pulmonary Intensivists. Two co-workers were excellent, trustworthy and Ethically sound.
Pros
Highly flexible schedules with two co-workers. Awesome Manager
Going down hill, fast
Respiratory Therapist RRT (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLFebruary 8, 2018
Upper management has been a big problem as of late and needs replacing. Hr is out of control firing very good clinicians for basically no reason whatsoever. Upper management has been there forever and a day and operates on the "good ole boy" mentality. The people who work there are mostly great, and the only reason I stayed as long as I did. However, the management and hr people focus too much on irrelevant things and policies and not enough on actual important issues.
Pay is substandard. Patient to nurse ratios are unsafe.
Schedules make a nightshift workers life unbearable.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Horrible leadership
Fun, fast paced, and family oriented
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJanuary 30, 2018
I loved working at Fort Walton Medical Center. Basically it was a fun job, I made many life time friends, and everyone including outside of the Laboratory were driven to help, take advice,or teach, never making you feel incompetent . My manager was always there to back you up in any situation in a professional manner.
A typical day of work;
1) interacting with patients( collecting blood, urine, and other samples) all over the hospital
2) managing and teaching Phlebotomist
3) working in Serology with routine and stat procedures.
Pros
Learning, supporting I’ll patients, management
Cons
Working weekends after being told I didn’t have to
I liked working at the hospital
Out-Patient Physical Therapy - Administrativ (Former Employee) –  Ft. Walton Beach, FLJanuary 10, 2018
I liked working at the hospital. There are many different area to work in the hospital. I learned alot working at the hospital. I really liked the people.
Definitely Recommend
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLDecember 16, 2017
I enjoyed my time here as I gained knowledge and experience in emergency medicine during my employment. Everyone worked as a team to make sure duties were preformed in a quick but professional manner.
Truly enjoyed my employment here.
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLOctober 6, 2017
This was my first position of work in the medical field. At first it was a bit difficult getting adjusted to the vast differences of working in the US as compared to working in Thailand but due to my previous work as an RN, I was able to adapt quite quickly. I was promoted from PCT I to PCT II after only 8 months of employment. I received several accolades from both the staff and my patients.
Pros
Enjoyable staff and workplace
Cons
Fast-paced and long hours.
friendly hard working nursing staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLSeptember 4, 2017
fast paced, good enviroment to learn as a new nurse, directors on the floor are hands on, nurses and pct's are helpful, good benefits, the turn over can by high due to military
Pros
good enviroment to learn as a new nurse
Cons
patient to nurse ratio can be to heavy
Management ruined good atmosphere
Psychiatric Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLAugust 5, 2017
Daily confrontations between nursing staff and support staff, dismissive management, pay unbalanced between same level employees, company lost good employees due to mgmt not caring about work life balance, or any thing other than profit from INS companies
Local hospital
Registered Nurse Critical Care (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 21, 2017
It's a local hospital with ties to the community. At the time I was employed there we were forced to work 48 hours one week and 36 hours the next week.
Pros
Convenient location
Cons
Local hospital
RN - Inpatient Psychiatric
Nurse/ Practitioner - Inpatient Psychiatric (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 14, 2017
I cared for approximately 7-10 patients per day and was responsible for their medications, performing a comprehensive assessment, and working with their social worker and psychiatrist to determine an appropriate POC.
Nice place to work
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJune 29, 2017
I had a good time working there. Every one was very kind and nice. Trying to keep the floors all shiny and clean. Clean environment means happy people.
Review Summary
Emergency Room Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJune 22, 2017
The paid time off hours were outstanding. A very stressful work environment but, then again, what emergency room isn't? Excellent doctors and nurses.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
No comment
A nice environment to work in
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLOctober 27, 2016
I enjoyed my time working at FWBMC. It was a valuable learning experience. I really enjoyed working in neuro surgery while I was there which was a new experience for me at the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fort Walton Beach Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Fort Walton Beach Medical Center Reviews by Location