Play YouTube video button

United States95 reviews
Featured review
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center selected this as a representative review
Fast-paced, great coworkers
Truly a team effort! The job was fast-paced, and at times, hectic, but the unit nurses and PCTs always came together and handled any situation that arose. Would work there again if I lived in Fort Walton Beach. Charge nurses were great and helped as much as possible.
Pros
Co-workers, benefits
Cons
Stressful at times, long hours
Worst experience in work place
Staff are more into themselves. For example, They have an attitude of being there just for the paycheck. No show of passion and concern . Most staff are rude and lack of concern. One staff made a statement of why they keep on hiring travelers when they can even paid their permanent staffs. The staff have no patience what so ever. The worst traveling assignment ever.
Pros
No comments
Cons
No Comments
Very busy ER, supportive leadership, many growth opportunities
As a trauma center there is always a large pot of knowledge awaiting your arrival. There's options of which areas you want to work and just within the ED many aspects to give you a wide variety of skills and requirements.
It’s been a good experience
I would recommend. It was an Enjoyable and easy job. I liked the setting of the hospital atmosphere. I would consider working there again in the future.
The way they value there employees
Great benefits & retirement. Excellent to there employees, room for advancement within the company. Wide variety of jobs available. It's longevity as a leader in healthcare.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
The job benefits and work
I was very excited to work at fort Walton and when I got there I started to enjoy it very much and I have continued to enjoy my time working there. And I will continue to enjoy it.
Good place to work pay for your schooling
Great place to work grow in your chosen profession while learning gaining new skills. Care about their employees make an investment in their employees who are dedicated.
Nicu rn
Worked in NICU/nursery area. Busy place to work at times and sometimes understaffed like all hospitals. Management was great. Worked PRN most of the time.
FWBMC was worth the hour drive
It was adequately staffed. We had adequate supplies. Pay wasn't the best but it was fair for the area. Some co-workers were excellent and cared about the quality of their work.
Overall good work environment, lots of changes and new staff turn-over because of construction. Management did not focus on employee growth. Some of the education classes are not effective.
Wouldn’t recommend
Pay is competitive but they cut your hours to make hours for new people every month. A lot of turn over and most nursing staff is travel because of the work environment.
Great Job!
As long as you a hard worker you are guaranteed hours even overtime. This job will take a lot out of you but if you at least work 100 hours every pay period your checks will guarantee be over 1000 every time.
Cna 3 south
Absolutely the best hospital in the world to work for, this was the second hospital I had ever worked at and I loved very clean everyone was extremely nice and helped in anyway they could
Great team work fun place to work
Worked as integral part of emergency room team with great people that take great pride in what they due. When it all gets crazy busy there all calm cool and a well oiled machine.
fun
I was a fun place to work
I learned a lot working there.

I love the hospital environment.

I hated to pay was so low.

if I ever moved back to Fort Walton I would visit
Na
My typical day assessing patients starting iv's and administering various medications. The management lacks employee communication of day to day operations .
Traveler Central
Culture is so poor they rely very heavily on travelers. One shift we had 9 travelers out of 12 nurses. Management is out of touch with the staff. Mind set of staff is poor.
You are dispensable
It’s a great place to work if you’re a travel nurse, but don’t expect respect or fair treatment for being a hard working and caring employee. I’ve even had friends in respectable positions for 25+ years bullied out of their positions or out of the facility completely by new management taking over floors/units.
It’s also a great place to start if you’re a new grad as they prefer obedience over experience.
Alot of travel nurses here
Alot of travel nurses working in this hospital and running the ER. Many experienced nurses dont appear to stay. Changes in administration caused some scary employee situations which led to quitting and was months have before the administration was dealt with.
Pros
Education
Cons
Travel nurses running the ER
Awful
Worst job I ever held, almost gave up nursing because of the terrible environment created on med surg unit. pathetic management, worst nursing care I've ever seen in 30yrs. managed 4 months there, left without having another job - hope I'm never a patient there.
very fair and caring place to work
I have grown to have much respect for the hospital, the people who work here and all of our patients. its a great place to work with very caring professionals
Pros
fair schedules
Cons
short lunch breaks if any at all
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fort Walton Beach Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center Reviews by Location