Fort Wayne Newspapers Employee Reviews

Very incentive-based.
ADVERTISING ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 24, 2019
I've found Fort Wayne Newspapers to be very good at recognizing success although attainable goals are somewhat skewed in that you are tied to a territory and the success (or lack thereof) of the previous rep in said territory.
Never the same day twice
Production (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 6, 2019
The one thing about FW Newspapers is that the challenges that are presented will keep you moving day in and day out. That is the negative, the positive is that the challenges will vary from day to day and you will very rarely have two days that are exactly the same.
Fast paced Friendly enviorment, good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 1, 2019
I enjoyed working here, the customers were pleasant at times and also in need of assistance. The management was good, we had open door policy and great communication
Pros
We received catered luunch once a month
Cons
We worked all holidays
Fun workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 23, 2018
I enjoy interacting with people. I thoroughly enjoy an competitive sales environment. I thrive on exceeding my daily quota. I love learning new things about the product.
Not good
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 24, 2018
Would not reccomend except to someone just starting out. Not good for someone looking for long time career. Good for kids just out of high school looking for first job but no chance for advancement or pay raises.
Pros
Cons
Everything about it
Fort wayne newspaper
Baby sitting (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 23, 2018
Fort Wayne newspapers was a good 1st job I had. I was going door to door selling a Sunday newspaper subscription 10 weeks for $20 which wasnt a bad deal. I met rude people,nice people and I talked a lot of people into buying it so you can say I sales experience.
Pros
We had alot of fun on the job
Cons
If you didnt make money within 3 days you got fired
Work 365 days a year with no benefits
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Corunna, INApril 4, 2018
I worked for Fort Wayne Newspapers and due to the resignation time (30 days) made it difficult to just give it up. I had to drive in terrible conditions. I got burned out from working all the time.
Pros
You are your own boss in a way
Cons
Work 365 days a year, no benefits, no vacation.
Carrier (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 22, 2018
It is a good place to work they do have accident insurance, you work in your car delivery papers and have 3-5 hours to deliver the papers to the houses. It only takes about an hour Monday - Saturday and 4 hours on Sunday. It is a great job for extra money.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Miles on the car
great place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 22, 2018
It was a nice place to work everyone got along alot of teamwork was needed. I learned that it takes more than just me to get a job done. The management was great easy to talk to and gave flexible work schedules. the culture was awesome everyone got along. The hardest part was standing in one spot for 10 hours at a time. The most enjoyable part was the teamwork and how everyone got along
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks
not working there
Newspaper Delivery (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 19, 2018
no longer working for them. plus I wouldn't go back . It would just have no time for other things in life . plus I had hours that was to crazy for me to work .with my appointments to deal with too
Pros
something to do
Cons
to much to deal with
Changing Industry
Sales Promotion Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 18, 2018
Newspapers are closing down and/or going to strictly digital formats across the country due to changing industry, and Fort Wayne is no different. One of their newspapers went to mostly digital format in 2017 and many employees were downsized.
This will be a continued trend.
Also the overall workplace enviorment is very discouraging
Pros
The pay
Cons
Overall workplace culture. Management
Great place to work if you like sales
Customer Service Representative/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 29, 2017
I wasn't there long before I accepted another job offer. I left because I did not like cold call selling. It was base pay and commission so it was very competitive.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
It is very competitive and there is really no training.
fast-paced work with a good team
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 7, 2017
A typical day at work is spent primarily on the phones with customers handling complaints, vacation entries, and processing payments or cancellations. This is a fairly independent workplace with little management. The team there is excellent and takes extra projects in stride with ease. The most difficult part of the job is handling irate customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that work there.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
part-time only, no benefits
Always be available
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 2, 2017
If you want a life outside of work this is not for you. Must be available 24/7 to deal with questions/problems that may arise from carriers, etc. Be prepared to drive alot.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Hours, salaried
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort wayne indianaOctober 28, 2017
The job is good in order to get a start. It is good for someone that just needs part time but not for a long term career if in the production department.
Steady decline in work environment over twenty year period.
CityHome Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 26, 2017
I enjoyed my career at FW Newspapers initially. Changes in ownership, Management, and overall Employee moral led to steady decline in satisfaction with work environment.
okay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 3, 2017
okay job; working with coworkers; busy; answering calls from customers who did not get the newspaper delivered and putting in a request for a new paper.. inputting complaints
Supervisor terminated
Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 22, 2017
Low pay. Benefits adequate. Upper management satisfactory. Immediate supervisor pathetic. Supervisor terminated running side business using company computers. Very stressful working conditions under that supervisor.
Great pay, bad hours
Package Production (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 31, 2017
The job is pretty simple, lifting bundles of papers, loading mail bags. The work is bad, pay is the same. I made $7.25 an hour, and got paid every 2 weeks
Pros
free lunches on certin days
Cons
Rude supervisors, bad pay for the work you do, no benefits
Stressful environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 29, 2017
It's a strange balance of micromanagement and not providing the tools you need to do a good job. I loved the projects, my co-workers and my clients. But the management is slow to respond to important needs of its staff. The newspaper is a quickly changing industry and FWN is not nimble enough to adjust. They ended up putting an impossible amount of pressure on the salespeople.