Fort Worth Zoo Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Easy job
Seasonal Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 2, 2018
I learned management skills.
Multiple cooking techniques.
Cash handling skills.
Customer service
How to solve problems with upset guest.
Stocking rotation
Pros
40% discount
Cons
Upper mangement
I love working here. Just not enough money....
MAINTENANCE TECH II (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 22, 2018
I like working here at the Fort Worth Zoo. Management here is relaxed, nice, and the expect their people to be self motivated. Hardest part is being on roof tops during summer time. The best part about working here is the Animals.
Pros
the place is really relaxed, and everyone is nice
Cons
pay is not good, everyone don't pull their weight.
Horrible
Operations (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 9, 2018
Operations department.
Poor management. Inconsiderate of thier employees.
Lack of communication between employees and supervisors/mangers. Unreasonable point system for call ins. It was not a hard job. A lot of walking. Unecessary drama throughout the department.
Pros
50% off food and merchandise
Cons
No benefit
Zoo
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 15, 2018
Very fast paced job but I enjoyed it very much and had a great experience of working with people from different backgrounds, great opportunity to learn and experience.
Pros
liked co-workers
Cons
health care not enough hours
Teacher Assistant / Event Sales (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 15, 2018
I enjoy working in my department, staff is awesome. What I enjoy most is working with the students and teaching them about the animals: Very rewarding.
Pros
Employee discounts, Friendly Staff
Cons
No part time benefits
You worked by your self
Lifeguard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 24, 2018
When I first started I started at the waterpark where it was fun and you worked with other people but then I got moved to attractions. Attractions is a boring work environment you work by your self
Pros
reduced lunch, free time to see the animals
Cons
Short breaks, boring
During the Year- weekend supervisor/Summer- Lead Teacher Summer Camp
Summer Camp Leader/teacher (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 6, 2018
During the year, I work weekends as a supervisor for parties and activities held in the Education building. From 30-180 people per morning or afternoon time slots, I regulate hallway flow, act as a guide for animal handlers, and ensure the guests overall enjoyment of the facility. There is a 2 hour break between morning groups and afternoon groups where the reset can be grueling. As an ambassador of the Zoo, I get to see how people love being in the building as the aspect is completely different that walking through the zoo. There is a more personal atmosphere where they feel very comfortable asking questions and receive more information.

In the summer, I act as Lead Teacher for summer camp. I assist with curriculum, teachers, students, training volunteers, as well as disciplinary issues that can arise from having 250 children ages 3-10.The curriculum is given to the teachers, where they can manipulate and adapt the delivery of the information. I believe this freedom facilitates a FUN atmosphere for the campers and the teachers--- creativity, problem solving are all key components in any classroom, on any given day.
Pros
family working atmosphere
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 19, 2018
Management was great, Security Lead and Officers are awesome. Small department, makes cohesion better. If I had stayed in Texas I’d probably still be employed there. If offered the position, I’d highly recommend taking it. You’ll gain a lot of experience and a lot of good friends.
Pros
Good officers, Competitive pay, they pocket the costs for security licensing.
Cons
Work in all types of weather, Slow during winter
Slow and fast paced
Attractions Team Member (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 8, 2018
On a typical summer day, it is busy and fast paced. Other than summer, cold days will be the slowest; it's hard to pay bills with cut hours. It is a very independent job, wherever your location is, you will figure out solutions to simple and guest problems.
Pros
Long breaks, free tickets
Cons
cut hours, poor management
Fun work place, laid back.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 9, 2017
The Fort Worth Zoo is a fun, relaxed work place. You'll experience something new with customers, you'll get to better your customer service skills. You deal with a lot of kids so your tolerance level will be even better, and the coworker for the most part are around your age so you'll make friends easily.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours
The Zoo was a good place to work at
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 7, 2017
pretty good place to work at although the summer heat was brutal. The people were very nice and the supervisors were cool people. The customers were nice overall.
Pros
zoo closed at 5
Cons
working outside
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 10, 2017
The Fort Worth Zoo can be a Great place to work as long as you find the right department you want to work in. Being a night shift janitor at the Fort Worth Zoo can be Very Tiring. But then again working a night shift at any zoo means. That you get to walk around the whole zoo at night. Which is a really awesome experience. The Fort Worth Zoo is a Great workplace. I would highly recommend working there.
Fun and relaxed workplace
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 21, 2017
It is a relaxed environment and a great way to meet new people. And if you want more hours you can apply to work events which help fund the zoo.the pay is good for the work you're required to do.
Pros
50% off food and merchandise
Cons
Not enough work hoursits
fun place to work
Commission Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 24, 2017
The Fort Worth Zoo is a fun and safe place to work and visit. You will learn about all different types of animals. You will meet people from all different types of cultures.
Productive and fun workplace
Attractions (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 10, 2017
The zoo is a fun, hot place to work. You can work and have fun at the same time, good pay rate, good environment. You'll love the kids and the animals, and there's also good hours.
Laid back place that gets very busy
Red Shirt (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 21, 2017
I find the zoo to be very laid back. As long as you get your job done you won't have to suffer in the heat or cold. A lot of people tend to quit simply because they are lazy, this job is not hard. All my bosses are very kind but know when to behave seriously.
Pros
Animals
Cons
Heat
Just okay
Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 24, 2017
Nothing special. Management has high and sometimes unreasonable expectations. Come in do your job and go home. The environment is neither friendly or fun. It's just a job.
Pros
Cons
High Expectations
Loved walking around
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 14, 2017
If you want to sweat in the summer and have less hours in the winter. This is the job for you!

Go out and learn for yourself, reviews have nothing on experience.
Great place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  2532 conlonial park wayJune 14, 2017
It was a great place I've felt with alot of people an I had to learn how to work at a fast pace get things done on time. It was a live place with a lot to learn about things
A good first job for teens, helps you prepare for real life jobs and situations
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 1, 2017
The Fort Worth Zoo has taught me how to work effectively and work with others as a young adult . This company teachers you life lessons , I learned that's it's not about the pay checks , it's about what you enjoy