FORTA

Working at FORTA: 10 Reviews

United States10 reviews

Stay Away

At first the company was amazing. The mission and culture were energizing and motivating. The out of nowhere, everyone but executives were laid off without warning and without explanation.

Pros

Remote, unlimited PTO

Cons

lack of communication

Horrible transition

I was training with a previous company about 6 weeks before. They officially took over company at beginning of June. I saw a video presentation about the company but that was the last thing. I waited 6 weeks trying to start the rest my training. They took almost 3 weeks just to get knew work email. The claim to have lots of money but don't care about their staff. I'm stuck with an iPad from them even after I was forced to quit because I needed a paying job. They are a horrible company and you can never get help. If you are just starting as a BT run!!!!! Go train somewhere else.

Pros

Cons

Everything about this company! They don't care about staff or the client.

FORTA insights

• Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Productive and humble team

Open communicationRemote workTravel reimbursementsFriendly co-workers Paid training1:1 sessions HR is highly involvedCEO is a highly approachablePassionate mission

RBT's are Overworked and Underappreciated

When my company was merged in Forta eralier this year, everything went downhill. The organization is convoluted for no particular reason. There are multiple people doing the same job employed under different positions resulting in having to talk to multiple people about a simple matter such as scheduling. On top of that most team members are unhelpful aside from some experienced BCBA's. We are issued old ipad's that frequently crash to use for our sessions that barely function unless you are right next to a wifi router. Don't bother asking for help with it. It was so bad that I had to borrow my mother's 2019 ipad to get through my sessions. They will just remotely "update" or restart it, fixing nothing. Additionally RBT's also practically 99% responsible for planning session activities, which depending on your caseload, can result in hours of extra work each week that you are not paid for. Additionally, supervision hours are sparatic and occasionally aren't even made known to you; Leaving a feeling of a lack of respect, as your own team doesn't even bother to keep you in loop. The most enjoyable part of this job had nothing to do with this company, rather it was moments spent helping the children on the spectrum who ironically oftentimes have more empathy and respect than the people at this company. RBT's stay away. Do not work here.

Unprofessional!!!

Forta bought out 2 thriving companies in ABA only to turn around and cancel the whole ABA side of them. They terminated ALL ABA employees. Several people were hired, partially trained, and pending certifications they worked extremely hard to earn only to be told they are terminated effective immediately with zero option for compensation or completion of their certificates. They have been the most unprofessional, unpleasant, inconsistent company I've ever worked for!

Run as fast you can

Do NOT and I mean do NOT even think about applying to work for this company. They failed at ABA and then laid all of their employees off stating they were going to go back to the basics and just be an IT company. Saved no one from the ABA side. Work life balance does not exist. And only the high up management is paid and recognized for their "hard work"

The pay is good if they give you hours

The pay is very good and so are the BCBAs. However, they do not guarantee hours. If you work here, you will likely need another part time job. I was supposed to be on full time and have hardly had full time. I am constantly doing things off the clock (scheduling, talking to parents, and more).

Pros

Paid drive time

Cons

Lack of hours, working off the clock

Official response from FORTA

June 27, 2022
We are sorry to hear this. We encourage open communication and working towards solutions as a team. Managers should always be notified of any scheduling changes or upsets with the amount of hours you are receiving. We offer a flexible scheduling opportunities as we have clients from all over the US. We encourage our employees to voice their concerns and welcome open communication and feedback. Thank you for the valuable feedback.

Conducive working environment

A teachable work environment, with enthusiastic leaders. Offers a lot of growth opportunities. A well curated collaborative space. Promotes work-life balance.

Awesome Cross Department Collabs

Forta provides people the platform to express their thoughts and opinions and actually incorporates those ideas in final decisions. Diversity is a plus. Everyone is approachable and humble.

fun plase to work

good company, no ping pong table I Liked the people that I we had fun and we got a lot of work did. we had lunch together and some times went places. good job

Pros

easy work

Cons

no Healthcare

Common questions about FORTA

Answered by current and former employees at FORTA

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FORTA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits