Fortegra Financial Employee Reviews

Poor Performance by Executive Team
Corporate Office (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 5, 2018
The company is filled with fantastic people that want to do the right thing. Unfortunately, it's often difficult to get things done within the organization due to poor leadership.
Good place to learn but not great for career advancement
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 18, 2018
I came to Fortegra with an open mind of learning as much as I can. I was fortunate enough to be exposed to some very interesting projects, which gave me the opportunities to sharpen my skills.
But after a while, I realized they don't reward employees well.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
not great health care.
FRF Review
Leadership Development Program - Corporate Finance (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 24, 2018
*Typical day consisted of working on excel on several projects, corporate finance, M&A projects.
*I was in the leadership development program
*Management was great at the direct line manager level. Executives had their own way of doing things without much input from others.
*Hardest part of the job was trying to get correct compensation.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
Busy, business structure always changing, not consistent
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAMarch 2, 2018
Was hopping for more team engagement, I enjoyed the people I worked for. I would have stayed if possible because I did enjoy my job. Would have preferred to have more team collaboration.
Great co-workers
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Typical day at work answer phones assist customers with there Roadside Assistance, Get help to them quickly and listen to there needs. I learned a lot about cars Front wheel drive , Rear wheel drive , All wheel drive ,4 wheel drive, Once you know you also know what type of Tow Truck to send out for the service. Also price factors depending on the breakdown of the vehicle We also service
Canada and Australia customers the value of the dollar in different countries.
Our office was about 25 employees we all worked well together and helped each other . The atmosphere was Great.
The most stressful part of the Job was the customers upset and yelling on the phone due to language barrier a lot of the accounts were back in the South.
Most rewarding was when the Customer's Thanked you for the Service they received.
Pros
Stressful
Cons
Team Players
Not Recommended
Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 3, 2018
The company is confusing and there is a lack of leadership. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. People are either there for less than 6 months or there for 20 years.
Very unprofessional
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  NebraskaDecember 16, 2017
Management very unprofessional. If you make a mistake the manager will message you through email threatening message. Never talked to you in a professional way just not a nice place to work for in Nebraska
Pros
Cons
Management sucks
Very stressful workplace
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAMay 23, 2017
No work/life balance what so ever. Schedule changes frequently. No ability to grow. Management shows favoritism. Senior employees are not valued. Newer employees make more then the ones there for years. Holidays will most likely worked. Corporate really brought the company down and under valued their employees who have been there for years. Don't count on being hired permanently soon. People come in and out often.
Pros
You meet great people
Cons
Schedule, Favortism, Corporate
Horrible
Customer Service Representative. (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 13, 2016
not at all a good place to look for employment. Very condescending, and deceitful. If you are not tied in with an already set up clique, then as a new comer with no leverage, you don't stand a chance in longevity.
Terrible recruiting and follow up efforts
adjuster 3 (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 19, 2016
You will be brought in for an interview and will be told one thing and another will get done. You will be asked to keep in contact and call them only to have your calls not returned. This is not my idea of professionalism! Do what you say and say what you mean and that's not what is happening in the hiring and recruitment process at Fortegra. It is more of a fishing game to see how much you make which implies they are looking for the least expensive route to hire, not necessarily the best candidate.
Pros
Sold as being a culturally sound company
Cons
Your calls will not be returned..don't waste your time!
Don't waste your time
Claims Examiner III (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 9, 2016
They will act interested in you but when the recruiter calls he will low ball you on a salary. He will act as though he doesn't know the current amount for the position but will ask you what you expect to make. He then acts as though your salary is way too much and the company will not make money if they employ you. After speaking with the recruiter I was told to follow up in 2 days which I did and of course my call was never returned. I did ask about benefits and they were expensive and horrible. I then asked about a management position they had open because of my experience and basically was told others were more qualified than me. Save yourself time and keep looking! Very unprofessional!!! You will get the employees you deserve.
Senior Java Developer
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 28, 2016
it was really nice experience to work with Fortegra Financial.
where I Utilized my inter Personal Skills,effectively in order to solve issues which raised during my daily activities
A typical day at Fortegra Financial
Forms Analysts (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2014
A typical day at Fortegra Financial for me, would consist of forms work. This would basically include taking one document and comparing it to another. If any errors are missed on these documents and sent out, it could cost the companies hundreds, even thousands, depending on the type of error. I've learned a lot there, but i'm also still learning as I go. Everyone at Fortegra Financial are friendly and ready to help if you need it. So this is probably the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Lunch-ins (hour lunches)
Benefits
It a good place to work
Corporate Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 4, 2014
Its a good place to work. It offers some growth opportunities.
Pros
The orgainization offers work life balance
Cons
work week 37.50
Productive and knowledgeable IT people
Senior Programmer/Analyst- Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 4, 2013
I enjoyed my Time at Fortegra and also enjoyed working with knowledgeable people in IT.
Challenging place to work, but rewarding.
Collateral Recovery Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2013
Fast-pace environment with rewarding work. Most work hours are conducive to family-style living. There are many employees with 10+ years with the company.
Good place to work, nice people
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 22, 2013
I've worked there when it was Life of the South and if you were a good worker you would not be advanced because management wants to keep you in the same position. Hopefully things are different now.
Pros
37.50 hours work week and flexible hours
Cons
difficult to advance
Fast growing company
Supervisor role (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 3, 2012
Fast paste growing company. Recently became a publically traded company. Has large room for improvements in the area of focusing on its employees. Most enjoyable is the people I work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fortegra Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5