Fortis College Employee Reviews

Classical Education College Prep Schook
Registrar | Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Liberty Hill, TXFebruary 20, 2019
I volunteered my time at Fortis to help out with the office duties and registration. I enjoyed working with the Head of School, the teachers and parents.
Pros
Good work environment
Poor management and instructors
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDFebruary 16, 2019
Hated this job! Management did little to make it a good environment. Inept supervisor. Not enough influence over the material and what works for students.
Pros
Teaching students
Cons
Low pay
Productive and fun
Student Mentor as directed (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALFebruary 16, 2019
Fun learned alot because I was about to see the other side of working with the school and also being a student.It was kinda fast but also relaxing I was able to do my school work.
Allied Health Instructor
ALLIED HEALTH INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 10, 2019
My typical day at Fortis college was to prepare for the following day while teaching students that were smart but non- traditional, which meant using all areas of the learning system, audio, visual, participation. I became very happy and successful when the student's light would show through their eyes that they were beginning to understand the information I was giving to them and were able to apply the knowledge no matter what body system we were covering. I recognized that most students had other matters in their lives that would keep them from pay attention and I tried to assist as much I could with boundaries of course including; transportation, babysitting, lack of support, time management, the technique of studying. Sadly several students would drop out every quarter and there was not a guarantee of job stability, everything was based on attendance.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
instability
low morale for understandable reasons
Faculty (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHJanuary 8, 2019
Instructors are hired from other institutions with the promise of a substantial full-time salary and benefits. After giving up their former positions and teaching a heavy schedule of daytime and night courses, the faculty members are reduced to part-time status on the grounds that there are not enough courses to teach. Other instructors are hired in a similar fashion, and eventually the older instructors are told that there are no courses available for them and are simply let go and all courses are taken over by the newer faculty members. This process is punctuated by frequent resignations and periodic dismissals of faculty. Students, many of whom are unable to get into other schools, pay tuitions that are ten times that of not-for-profit institutions, and take on enormous debt to do this, for which they are responsible when they drop out or are dropped by the school for non-payment of tuition. Laboratory courses in the health professions have no laboratory facilities or equipment. The institution is not regionally accredited but is accredited by a national organization that credentials for-profit schools, and a number of programs are on probation. Successful career placements are rare and are announced to staff and faculty, and local health care facilities reportedly maintain the policy of not hiring the graduates of this school. Once in the school students are stuck, as credits cannot be transferred elsewhere. Faculty work night and day but receive no raises or bonuses, there is no vacation and those who give up other positions find after conversion to part-time status that  more... they have no benefits either. It is no surprise that there is almost no interaction between the administrators and the faculty, and that the president of the institution is almost never present on the campus.  less
Pros
This is the only option for many of the students here
Cons
There are no raises, vacations or benefits
nursing faculty
Nursing Faculty (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 2, 2019
Taught 3 classes, did lab skills and clinical when asked for

Had the tbest best boss I have ever had

All the grading and tutoring and advising students
Pros
students
Cons
ltime limits
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 16, 2018
A typical day at work-hospital instructions and rotation.
Learned students willingness to learn is the key to success.
Management is very cooperative.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
just part time clinical
Fortis is theschool that I graduated from
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2018
I loved Fortis, that school made me who I am today and I’ll forever recommend them to others. They Helped With whatever I needed help with. Fortis is an awesome school and I know anyone who attend will agree
Accomplishing Mission
Career Service Advisor (acting Staffing Recruiter) (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJDecember 13, 2018
The mission, which is to help it's students thrive in their career is especially recognized. They have an excellent Admitting and Career Services department. The passion to want to help it's students succeed is certainly important. Every chance they get to work together as a team is honored daily. The teachers are caring and the goal is the same for all , which is to invest time in helping the student become a successful graduate. My Director at Fortis invested all her heart to make sure that the operation of her department is 100 percent on target to helping each person meet it's ideal job.
Pros
Excellent team work enviorment
Cons
little economic ability to provide incentives for employees
Interaction with students and staff
Evening Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJDecember 11, 2018
Meeting new students and learning their ambitions. Working with the staff was great and everyone was respectful. I started working the Federal Work study program while attending classes here then was offered a position. I was able to speak bluntly with a few students and exchanged information with them to help them succeed while attending classes.
Work atomsphere
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 10, 2018
Just started on 11/18 so I still have opportunity to evaluate but at current nice place to work. So far pretty decent the faculty is nice and student have to learn the transsion
Overall Learning Experience
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJDecember 9, 2018
I was hired things were going well the company got greedy and demanded something that wasn’t possible as far as goals for that campus! It stretched and grew me as an individual.
Our Students Come First
NURSING ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 15, 2018
There have been ups and downs, but all in all the students are always what mattered the most. Seeing the succeed and strive to do better wen they stumbled made each day worth it.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
No Comment
Nice place to work
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 8, 2018
Nice place to work, I would recommend it to others. Good atmosphere, which is very important in today`s climate. I worked there for a long time and I enjoyed it.
Review
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2018
Stressful environment that did not promote strong educational values or ideals as an institution. Organizational structure was very confusing and lack any corporate direction for tenured employees.
No career advancement or support
Dental Assistant I & II Program Instructor (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 1, 2018
The most positive aspect of Fortis College is the students, and watching how most of them stay focused and change their lives. However, lack of advancement, moral, lack of benefits and no support make the culture and moral of the school very low. Oftentimes, supplies are not ordered, equipment is broken and lack of materials
Pros
job
Cons
No advancement, no benefits, no pay raises
Excellent customer service for students.
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale Florida.October 17, 2018
Getting in to work every morning, greeting my students, being a listener and giving them advice when needed. Letting them know that hard work and dedication does pay off. Also accounting functions, collections and human resources.

What I have learned that team work in any organization does pay off in fostering a good workplace. Also excellent customer service does help tremendously in creating a good sound company.

While you may not like the style of management you may be under, you must show the utmost respect for the people that manage you.

Working with my students was the highlight of my day.
Pros
Great Benefit Package.
Cons
Everyone always want more money.
enjoyed working there, The College closed
Computer Instructor/Medical Extern Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winter Park FloridaOctober 17, 2018
The college closed
Loved teaching and guiding students, Great staff
Enjoyed scheduling and meeting medical office staff and sending students to medical offices for externship
Productive workplace
lab preparation, stocking and assisting (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 17, 2018
Would start work after my class, and ask where I am needed. Learned how to do clerical skills and clinical skills. The management was good, if there was a question they would answer it for me. The workplace did not discriminant against any work study. Moving heavy books. Keeping busy.
Pros
answered all questions.
Cons
not enough hours
the employees try...
Instructor (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 16, 2018
to support you. but management located in MD. The could care less. it's a for-profit school so profit is the goal. I once told my campus president his job was reporting. my DOE is about compliance and my job is student satisfaction. the end.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
lack of empathy