Fortis Energy Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Growing
Salary (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 15, 2018
Fortis is a great company to work at. They are growing like crazy so sometimes there are some growing pains. But, management does what is best for the employees.
Great Team
Office (Current Employee) –  TroyAugust 30, 2018
I love the team I work with here.
The industry is tough to learn but everyone is very friendly and willing to pitch in, even if it is not their typical job.
Pros
Team work
Overall great company to work for
Chief Supervisor I (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIAugust 9, 2018
Fortis Energy Services is a company driven by its employees. They are willing to do whatever it takes to become one of the top worker companies in the industry. Anyone will love working here and growing with the company and having plenty of opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Very good pay scale
Cons
Tough work schedule
Great Growing Company!
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  St Clairsvle, OHJuly 22, 2018
As a manager for the company with this up swing in the Marcellus Shale we are prepared for a strategic growth. We are consistently hiring the right individuals to help us meet our goal. Come join the Fortis Team.
Fast paced and exciting
Snubbing Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHJune 25, 2018
It's definitely work, but it's rewarding. I'm constantly learning new things which keeps it exciting. If you have an issue, you can go to management knowing they'll do their best to resolve it. The job is not for the faint of heart but if you hate being stuck in your boring 9-5, then you'll love it. The hardest part is being away from family for extended periods. The best part is the pay and benefits, and the company itself.
Pros
Competitive wages, exciting work
Cons
Out of town, long hours
One of the best
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 14, 2018
I am a rig supervisor for Fortis Energy Services I’ve been with Fortis for little over 3 years and almost 20 years in the oilfield. I’ve worked for 5-6 other companies some big like Key and some mom and pops companies and they are by-far one of my favorite places to work. They treat you with respect and not just an asset to them, cause to them you are the most important asset.
Pros
Pay
Excellent Company
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 14, 2018
Working at Fortis has given me knowledge and skills I have not gained working elsewhere. The company itself is small in nature, but takes care of their employees very generously. The executives are always working hard to strengthen the company to compete in the industry. If you're looking to make a difference and feel valued by a company, this is the place to be.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Culture, Management
Safe Company
Rig Hand (Current Employee) –  North DakotaMay 10, 2018
Fortis Energy follows through and does what they say. Managers in the region are very hands on and willing to train and help you out in any way they can.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long Hours
Upper Management is a nightmare
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHApril 19, 2018
What was once a great company to work for quickly became a nightmare with changes in upper management. Unfortunately the CEO and HR refuse to see that one man is responsible for all experienced workers leaving.
Cons
Upper management
Getting Better
Field (Current Employee) –  North DakotaMarch 7, 2017
Fortis has gotten some harsh reviews due to the volitility in the industry the past few years. I can see it is getting better. Management is working hard to keep us working and safe.
Pros
Crews, safety
Cons
sometimes slow
I like it
Rig Hand (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 7, 2017
The company and management really seems to care about employees and will help out whenever wherever it can. I like my coworkers we worked together. It is defiantly hard work.
Pros
training program and safety program have come a long way
Cons
downturn in the industry but it is getting better
Unprofessional
Part Time Clerk (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 10, 2017
The lack of training provided, inconsistency with management, very little integrity within the office. One of the owners addressed me on a He Said She Said issue with opening her statement to say "You have the Audacity to be at my Businesss, when you talked about me Like a Dog." As a member of management and or owner " Who professionally does that." Instead of talking with me to see what's going on or even where it came from, she checked me loudly. Everyone in the office new what was going on but me.
Pros
Cool Hours
Cons
Unprofessionlism with Management/Ownership
February 3, 2017

Good Morning!
We are sorry to hear of this experience. However, Fortis Energy Services does not have female ownership or any former part time employees - so we can only believe this review was left for the incorrect company.

Worst company ive ever worked for
Operator (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 14, 2016
the management is the worst I've ever dealt with in 6 years of experience. They are very hypocritical on safety and only advance the "favorites". Some employees will work multiple weeks at a time without days off and others sit at the house serving some sort of punishment or attempt to starve them out. Most employees are very unqualified . Just a overall bad experience.
Pros
Semi consistent work
February 9, 2017

We're sorry to hear you had a less-than-desirable experience. With the downturn in the industry, management worked hard to keep consistent work and rotate employees/crews to their preferred schedule. We have an extensive training program which has resulted in several successful promotions.

Great Co Workers- Not a good work place
Driller (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 15, 2016
Unexperienced Management, Safety issues that are not addressed promptly.
Very unfair treatment if you aren't in "the circle"
Glad to have resigned and moved on.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Horrible Work Conditions, Safety Issues, Drug Use on the rigs.
October 6, 2016

Fortis Energy Services is proud to have an industry-leading Health, Safety and Environmental program. FortiSafe Certified is a behavior based safety program that is integrated with lean methodologies ensuring all operations are completed in a safe, efficient manner. The success of the program is proven in the results: all regions can claim over 365 days worked without a recordable injury. In addition for FortiSafe, Fortis boasts one of the most stringent drug and alcohol policies in the industry, including pre-employment and random hair follicle drug testing.

Our employees are our number one asset!

Loved my time at Fortis Energy Services
Driller/ rig operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MINovember 11, 2015
Great Company to work for and they really try to get you trained up properly in every aspect of the business. The management will take extra steps to help and take care of you and the people are great to work with.
Pros
benefits, the people, front office, president cares about his employess and CEO actually comes and visits and makes it known he cares.
Cons
traveling and missing family
Oilfield
Rig Hand (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 8, 2015
Hard work
12+ hour days.
Good benefits and leadership.
Felt cared about and not just a number.
They take safety seriously
Pros
Safety
Cons
Hard manual labor
Oil rig
Rig Hand (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 18, 2015
The job of the Floorhand is to safely and efficiently perform all manual labor tasks on the drilling floor and B.O.P. area under the direct supervision of the Driller or, in his/her absence, the Assistant Driller. This include the operating of the tongs, slips and spinner hawk to connect and disconnect drilling pipe, tubular and drilling bits or tools as well as performing all maintenance of the equipment and physical space of the drilling floor. It further includes right up and down procedures, nipple up and down and care of the B.O.P. system, the monitoring and operation of the shakers and when called up to do so, to assist the Derrickhand within the mud pit, mud pump and chemical sack rooms. The Floorhand is responsible for the housekeeping activities on the drill floor including washing, chipping and painting. When trained, the Floorhand will provide relief for the Derrickhand. -
Pros
Lots
Fortis Energy Services
HSE Field Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MISeptember 2, 2015
Sometimes I like working here and sometimes I don't. I've not been treated very well at Fortis. I can explain at an interview.
Pros
No problems with dr appts and this sort of thing.
Cons
Expected to be oncall 24/7

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fortis Energy Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Fortis Energy Services, Inc. Reviews by Job Title