Fortis Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Company took over when I left. Filed bankruptcy within a year
Director of Social Services (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJuly 4, 2018
Very cutthroat business. Many people trying to stab others in the back as they tried to protect their own jobs. Very stressful environment. Company was sold from the previous owners and the new owners did not have the financial backing or the right employees in the management positions.
Pros
Enjoyed doing a good job
Cons
Employees and managers were so afraid of losing their jobs
Great work environment
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIMay 12, 2018
Management staff is very helpful, and our new DON is fantastic. Everyone works together well to give the best possible care to our residents. We are making big changes at this facility, which starts with great employees.
Pros
Free soup, helpful staff
Cons
Facility has Bad reputation
Unethical
Student Clinician (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDMarch 7, 2018
This company practices unethical care, the patient care was sub-par. The nursing staff was not adequately trained. There is staff there that does do good work.
What a joke!!
Former Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIFebruary 24, 2018
You only get raises if you are friends with or sleep with corporate management. Good loyal employees are not valued. There are some amazing staff there but the horrible ones that their union protect make it a place I would never put my family!! The good employees can't make up for the poor leadership in the building with an executive director and director of nursing that continue to stab each other in the back to make themselves look good. NO team atmosphere in this building because of their poor management styles. I feel so sad for the employees and more importantly the residents!!
Pros
Free soup
Cons
Poor pay, no benefits
A great place to work
Rewinder/factory (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHFebruary 21, 2018
A very relaxed place to work. Great group of people to work with. Relaxed atmosphere.they provide free snacks. They don't try to push you to work harder.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
There are non
very stressful, no help from management
Licensed PRactical Nurse/Interim Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 21, 2018
Management was not helpful when short staffed. Very stressful work environment with different expectations for every staff member. Not consistent in staff expectations
Horrible!!
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Traverse city michiganJanuary 12, 2018
The facility is absolutely disgusting from top to bottom common areas filthy kitchen filthy break room filthy locker rooms/ bathroom's filthy everything in the facility is outdated i wouldn't allow my worst enemy to reside at tendercare birchwood i feel sorry for the poor residents that live there
Pros
Cons
Every single aspect
Ok place to work
Culinary Assistant/Cook (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 3, 2018
Being a nursing home it was difficult at times to see resident's health decline and then one day arrive at work only to find out that they passed away. Overall though, it was gratifying work.
Patient Centered Care and Friendly Staff-Exceptional
Social Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 29, 2017
Morning meeting with management to discuss patients and upcoming family meetings
Scheduling meetings
Family Care Conferences
Collaborating with patient, family and other professionals involved in care to make sure the patient is being provided the best quality of care possible.
Pros
Great friendly work environment
Cons
temporary position
work place
Orientation of new staff (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIDecember 18, 2017
was not a Fortis building when I worked there, do not know how Fortis treats their employees. ........................................................
Poor working environment
Unsure (Former Employee) –  MichiganDecember 14, 2017
Very poor management. Concern and care for employees is very low. Instead of using situations as training and educational, they terminate. Very poor working situation. New executive director is AWEFUL!!!
Pros
The residents
Cons
Always short staffed, no concern for employees working conditions
Just say no
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  MissouriDecember 11, 2017
Enjoyed working there at first then with a weeks notice they changed us to 12hr shifts, staff dropped like flys... over worked=tired and unhappy staff
Cons
They automatically deduct lunch break even if you sign that you didn’t take one
Too many residents, not enough aides
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDNovember 20, 2017
Working at Lacrosse was stressful, fast paced, pressured and all around hectic. You would have 15-20 patients per aide, and sometimes 5-7 of them would need a Hoyer or 2 person transfer but finding your partner was sometimes nigh impossible to be able to do them safely.
Pros
Free lunch/dinner because the kitchen would make a soup pot for the staff
Cons
Understaffed, and over worked, underpaid for the work
Beware: Cutthroat behaviors, out of control Administrative staff
Office (Former Employee) –  Centralia, WANovember 15, 2017
Leadership keeps getting worse. Now Fortis, but same admin staff so nothing has changed or will change.

Terrible on boarding, staff definitely not friendly, there is no sense of community.

Beware of all office staff. Culture there is "Who the heck are you" to newbies. Insecure, jealous, outright lies told to and about staff.
Pros
The residents
Cons
everything else there is bad news - Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Had a great boss and enjoyed work enviroment
Business Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 31, 2017
I loved working for Fortis. They were bought out by another company or I would still be employed by them. I didn't work with Fortis directly, but for one of their facilities.
Great
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  coeur d alene IDOctober 22, 2017
I loved how busy we how if we had were kept and if we had problems at work we were able to have someone to talk to to help up us come up with a solution
Productive Workplace
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 9, 2017
The environment is very driven and focused the people that I work for is great also it’s a community and workplace that I would recommend to my families and friends
Not friendly
RN Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WISeptember 25, 2017
Have worked for several months and saw people promoted to management positions solely based off of who they knew in upper management. There is constant bullying by staff towards others that is overlooked and encouraged by upper management. Complaints towards morale are overlooked and you are expected to do the job of 2 because staff don't stay because of treatment. Pay is excellent. That is the only benefit of working for this company. Nurses are allowed to bully other staff they don't like and get away with it. Drama and gossip is a favorite among staff here
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too long of a list
Stressful , no team players, negative, toxic environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WISeptember 24, 2017
vile, negative staff. Not team players. Sum wer ok
Illegal shortcuts , creepy work environment .
Nurses expect u to do illegal activities because they're lazy and Dont want do paperwork.although not all.
My first day was met with so much negativity and other staff ripping g on others behind their backs in the break room. They were extremely vicious some cna even told me to run away cuz the place sucked and I would end up leaving.
Lots of staff treat new people like they're a. Bunch of dummies, and have a hard time helping you out. Very sad to see so many people treating g others so poorly.
I lasted 6 weeks and then found another job.
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
Everything else
Loved working here.
Culinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 19, 2017
I loved working at Wausau Manor Nursing Home. I have nothing bad to say about the work that I did as a Dietary Aid. However, I worked there two years with awards of doing good work and not ever once got a single raise and the managers were either always busy or not in their office.
Pros
Loved the eldery that lived there, co workers, and the work.
Cons
No breaks. Don't really get any raises.