Fortress Investment Group

Fortress Investment Group Employee Reviews

United States30 reviews
Exciting and productive workplace in a relaxed environment
Fortress Investment Group is an excellent employer in the financial services industry. At Fortress, time management, meeting deadlines, and anticipating and creating solutions to challenges is paramount. The culture at Fortress is relaxed and professional - you are expect to get your job and responsibilities done and are treated as an adult. Micro management is not present. The people are the most enjoyable part of my day.
Work hard, get paid well
Hedge fund with many different business lines. You are exposed to a lot of structures and instruments. You are expected to work very hard, but you are paid well, especially bonus time.
Average work environment for finance professional
Just an average work environment within the Finance space helping investors make more profits and money, nothing too exciting to write home about. Didn't make you feel much pride to work there.
Wonderful Company
Fortress employees tend to be very intelligent, and everyone has a phenomenal work ethic. Above all, management cultivates an environment where everyone feels valued. There's little training, however. You're expected to jump right in on day one running, and for me, that was perfect. The only reason I'm considering leaving is because I feel that I've outgrown my current role, and nowhere to go; I've essentially hit the ceiling. They are, hands down, the best company I've ever worked for.
Pros
Excellent benefits, and employees are shown that they are valued
Cons
May require long hours
difficult environment. Inconsistent management
IT priorities are all over the place - no clear direction, completely confliting directives. Three CTO's, too many captains running the ship. Success is on the back of your peers, so very competitive and back-stabbing is common.
Pros
good pay
Cons
terrible management
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Great place to learn
This was my first job out college. It was a great place to learn about hedge funds. I was always very busy and had a lot of smart people around to learn from.
Good place
I enjoyed my short time there. I still keep in touch with my former manager, director and CFO. Unfortunately the 2009 great recession caused many places to dwindle or shut down and this is what occurred to the firm during that time frame.
Fortess Intern
Interns are expected to learn quickly, but learn from an elite group of investment professionals. If you are motivated and quick you will be given responsibilities.
Fast Paced company
Fast paced company with high turnover and a lot of changes. Compensation package for hours worked is not in line with most other companies. Very top heavy.
Pros
Training, experiene
Cons
Hours and compensation
Hard-working, rewarding environment
Company will challenge you, but also recognize hard-work and dedication. Multiple industries available to gain exposure and broaden an employee's knowledge base within Financial Services
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fortress Investment Group?
Good Place to Learn
Pros:

Good Benefits

Good Pay

Great place to learn and grow

Really smart coworkers

Cons:

Some managers are inconsidereate

no work/life balance
Horrible Work Ethics
Their work philosophy is to run things out of FEAR and not mutual respect and professionalism!!
Their way of getting things done is to make you live in fear of losing your job!!
Pros
None!!
Fun
Daily market trends with amazing people to work with. Self-employed mentality with managing your own work hours
Pros
make money
Cons
lose money
Great leadership and very well thought out and run internship program
Had an incredible experience as an intern with Fortress Investment Group. The program was planned with a lot of thought and most employees were more than happy to work with the interns to help them thrive in the program
Serious and Productive Workplace
Fortress is a productive workplace where work gets done at a rapid pace and if you can't take the heat you should get out the kitchen.
Great
Everyone is very friendly and very helpful. Great benefits and a great place to work. There is always someone who is able to teach you about something.
Pros
Free drinks, Free snacks, great conversations.
Cons
N/a
Intensive, Stressfull
Lot of opportunities to learn but very stressful place. No lot of opportunities for advancement. It had many Business Units and teams. Each is different from other.
Long hours and too many projects
typical day is 9+ hours and you will be flooded with all sort of work. You will be given several projects with lot of expectations. Pay is ok compared to work/hours.
Good co-workers
Work with/under some of the best minds in the industry
High energy investment-hedge fund environment. Lots of excitement. Work with very smart people and get inspired.
Oportunities and hard work
This firm has tons of opportunities for aggressive professionals who are looking to get experience under their belts. The only problem is that, the culture is enforced by management and the vision of the users can be unrealistic. I work 60-70 hrs per week and can never truly disconnect from my responsibilities.
Pros
company benefits, training, cross collaboration
Cons
extensive hours, salary does not reflect work output and expectations
Dynamic workplace environment with highly motivated and driven team.
Great management team.

Strong industry expertise.

Very dynamic work environment.

Growth driven enterprise with incredibly intelligent team.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fortress Investment Group. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Fortress Investment Group Reviews by Location