Play YouTube video button

Fortune Transportation Employee Reviews

Featured review
Fortune Transportation selected this as a representative review
Straightforward
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Windom, MNJuly 4, 2016
I have only been here a couple months but so far so good. Everyone has been very easy to work with and for. The lanes are easy to keep up with. Wasn't promised anything that wasn't true like some places do now days. Detention could be handled better but honestly the majority of the stops don't need it because you aren't there long enough.
Pros
People
Cons
None so far
tough but fun place to work.
Driver Manager/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Windom, MNAugust 15, 2019
I have worked in multiple rolls at Fortune gradually working my way up. I started in 2006 mowing lawns, cleaning trucks, sweeping the shop floor and taking out the garbage. Thanks to Fortune I got DOT certified and got my first tool box, I became proficient in mechanics. Fortune also helped me get my CDL when I was 18. I did a lot of local deliveries (I couldn't leave the state until I was 21.) I was asked if I wanted to try my luck in dispatch when I was 22 and I accepted it. Here we are 7 years later. Even though I am a dispatcher I still enjoy getting in the truck and on the open roads periodically on the weekends. Drivers seem to find it good that there dispatcher knows how to get behind the wheel and experience the same things they get to experience day in and day out. Though trucking can be tough, Fortune does it the right way.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
can be stressful
Awesome place to work!!
Driver Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Windom, MNAugust 7, 2019
This company has blown me away by how wonderful they treat their employees. I came from a much smaller trucking company in the Twin Cities, Fortune by far has a well organized training for all divisions of
their company. Absolutely never want to leave!!
Great Place to Work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMAugust 6, 2019
This is the 3rd OTR company that I have worked for and by far the best one. Hopefully I will retire with this company.

When you call in you are a person instead of a truck number like the big company's. When you work here you are family instead of a number. They care about their drivers and their families.
Pros
Home Weekly, Great Miles, Excellent Benefits, Family Oriented
Family atmosphere, friendly people, and plenty of support for the drivers!
Driver Services Division (Current Employee) –  Windom, MNAugust 6, 2019
A great place to work. Lots of places claim "family oriented" but at Fortune it really is true. Big enough to have top of the line equipment maintained by DOT certified mechanics at 3 terminals with nice driver lounges, but small enough to know all their drivers by name! Lots of support staff for the drivers, that are easy to contact and willing to help. Great benefits.
A company you can retire with.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Windom, MNAugust 2, 2019
I have been a commercial driver since the 90s, and I’ve been driving at Fortune transportation for 10 years. While I don’t always agree with every decision management makes, I do believe that they make decisions with the employees best interest in mind. Dispatch does a great job of getting me home when I need that, and keeping me moving when I am out there. I have never had a payroll problem here, and the tech support is great. Fortune is well known for continually upgrading their equipment, and they have a good team of mechanics at their terminals to keep the equipment well maintained. All things considered, I would strongly encourage drivers to explore employment at Fortune.
Pros
Home when needed, personal, cares about your needs
race the clock, and sit and wait. no detention pay
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMJuly 17, 2019
You are either waiting for days for a load or you don't have enough time to pick up and deliver.
when you go out there is no return trip preplaned.
they don't seem to care if your driving they just don't want you home.
Excellent work environment.
Executive Vice President (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 29, 2018
I worked off-site in a remote location, but never felt disconnected with the team or management of the company. I enjoyed my time at the business and highly recommend them to shippers & manufacturers as Fortune is "great" at what they do, over-the-road temp control/refrigerated/frozen truckload transportation.
Pros
Exciting work environment. Team drive. Open management.
Excellent Place To Work
Driver Manager/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Windom, MNMay 11, 2018
Been working here a long time and have stayed with Fortune previously as a driver and now in management.

The working atmosphere is extremely friendly and family oriented. Home time was a priority and I felt as though every effort is made to get me there on time, when I needed to be there.

The equipment/trucks are well cared for and rarely did I have issues on the road that resulted in any excessive downtime over the years.

One of the few companies I have worked for with a very accessible owner/CEO to visit with for concerns, suggestions, and questions.
Pros
Well Maintained Equipment, Friendly Staff, Nice Facilities
Cons
Very busy and fast paced - like new york stock exchange very multi tasking
Customer Service Representative - Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Windom, MNMarch 29, 2017
Fast paced - very busy like the new york stock exchange multi tasking job makeing mutilpe appts and constantly changing appt when loads switch from driver to driver. Able to read thru billing coorespondence easy and reading the bill of lading from drivers after loads have been completed.
Fortune is a JOKE!
N/A (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMFebruary 16, 2017
Newbies get crapped all over. They are not fair with mileage and find reasons to shorten your check. You won't know about your check being short until you receive your emailed stub which is only 1 day before deposit. The dispatchers all do things differently. For the most part, they set you up for failure. You end up in weekly deficits because your dispatcher neglects to give you loads that will ensure you get the level of miles you are supposed to get. This has been a problem since last September. Dispatchers and HR have poor communication as well. As the driver, you won't find out about anything until it's too late. Then, they act as if there is nothing that can be done.
GREAT company
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMNovember 14, 2016
Just got through day 1 of orientation and these people are amazing. Hired on in Roswell and took a load for pay to windom mn for orientation. No lies so far. Everyone I've met is more than competent and really do their jobs well. Will fly to orientation or you can bring your first load up, your choice. They went above and beyond to take care of me and even went out of their way to take care of me till my first real payday. Seems I can retire here. Great shops great equipment great people. No lies or dummies here.
Pros
Everything so far.
Cons
Can't see any coming.
Productive work place
Dispatch/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windom, MNFebruary 20, 2014
Learned about refer transportation. Great place to work. Co workers are great to work wirh.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fortune Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2