FortuneBuilders, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
No work/life balance
Advisor - Work (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2018
This is the place for you if you like to work 60+ hours a week and always miss out on your children's life: school events, baseball games, birthday's, even major holidays.
Fun, Fast Paced Environment
Operations (Current Employee) –  Pacific Beach, CAFebruary 20, 2018
FortuneBuilders is a fun place to work, with a great balance between hard work and fun. They care about your goals, and are willing to help you improve professionally and personally. If you put in the work, you will reap the rewards. It is a growth minded company, that is always looking for ways to improve.
Stellar
Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 17, 2018
Amazing Company but you have to be able to handle a high intensity sales environment. Long hours and sometimes Saturdays is not out of the question. The lemon here is worth the squeeze because you are rewarded in great mentors and investment advice.
Pros
Free snacks, great vacays, 2 hour lunches, close to the beach
Cons
long hours, high expectations, becomes repetitive
Not what you think
Unknown (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2018
Horrible management and because the company is run by family and close college friends, they place their good friends or family in management positions even when they do not have the experience. Each department is on their own agenda so the communication about changes of policies and processes are horrible. What makes the communication even worse is there are multiple customer databases so the reports and numbers never match up without manipulating the data on their million of google docs, with redundant information. The HR manager is the wife of one of the owners (conflict of interest) and she seems to brush things under the rug, even when they should be documented.
The guys I work with are out going
Hod Carrier (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INJanuary 23, 2018
Enjoyed my job but had to travel a lot and no home life. Job was easy going but fast paced. Must be knowledgable about the job and if you wasn't you was treated less then others.
Cons
Exciting and Supportive place to grow as an individual!!
Preview Event Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 11, 2017
I have had the privilege of working at FortuneBuilders for over 6 years now and it has been nothing short of amazing. I have been tested, pushed, encouraged, and supported in so many ways.
I love that my leaders and managers expect a lot out of me, that means they think I can do it and they provide support to get things done. Thye have always listened and provided good feedback along the way.
More importantly for me I recently had a family member pass away and EVERYONE, I mean EVERYONE, reached out with kind words, emotional and financial support, thoughts, and prayers. The word "family" is sometimes thrown around companies but never has that been truer than here and more applicable than this year for me!
Pros
Great people to work with, very supportive and encouraging. Opportunities to learn and grow
Cons
Can be fast paced with time frame demands that need to be met.
Great experience, but lack luster management
Mastery Administrator (Former Employee) –  Based in Los AngelesAugust 24, 2017
Was able to travel week to week across the country. The work load was higher than the set expectation and the manager was poor at training and keeping morale high.
Trump University
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 19, 2017
It's the same business model as Trump University. If you are in sales you may make some money, but you have to make 100 calls a day in a high pressure environment. We are talking pushing elderly and desperate people over the edge to pay the tuition (25-50k).
Pros
Near beach
Cons
Fraud, cult like, failed business model
Fantastic Company To work for; you won't find a better culture
Seminar Sales and Team Lead Experience (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 20, 2017
I would be with Fortune Builders forever (5 years already) if they had an office in my hometown. Traveling can be taxing over time if you are seeking a balanced lifestyle, but with fortune builders it's easy to stay motivated and driven.

Fantastic ethics, the best of the best in the seminar world, and great experience working for them!
Pros
Great people!
Cons
Traveling can be wearing over time.
Great people honest have integrity
Manager of the preview team (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 3, 2016
Best company I have worked for, they care about there employees and want them to improve in all aspects of life, work and personal they care about you as an individual
Pros
Honest and have integrity
Cons
Have to travel
I love this company!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 21, 2016
I love it at FortuneBuilders because they do things differently. They want to help their students AND their employees grow personally and professionally, which is hard to find. I believe in what they are doing and I like that I know there are other opportunities outside of my current role if I feel the need to change directions.
Pros
Leadership Training, Personal & Professional Growth opportunities, Driven Employees, Recognition Programs, etc.
Cons
Nothing!
A breeding ground for professional & personal growth
Inside Admissions (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2016
Prior to joining FortuneBuilders, I'd spent decades of my career in corporate America, exposed to diverse company cultures and various leadership philosophies. I've never before experienced the pleasure of working with such a mission-driven, highly-motivated and passionate group of individuals. FortuneBuilders' dedication to its Customers, its employees and the company, fosters an indescribable energy that surges throughout the entire organization. FortuneBuilders truly is in a league all its own.

However, be forewarned! This is a growing company, opportunities are ample, and certainly not a place for any person possessing a mindset of mediocrity. People here truly live the company's Core Values, believe in its Mission and execute its Vision, at the highest possible level, every single day.
Pros
Incredible culture, amazing people and a compelling future
Cons
The hours can be long but each moment I've spent here has positively transformed me, from the inside out.
Work Life balances itself
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2016
This organization walks the talk. They live their mission and work hard, play hard is embodied in the culture. Personal and professional growth is expected, encouraged and nurtured.
Pros
Makes everyday exciting to go to work
Cons
Offices are full due to the growth but new space is on the way
Couldn't be happier with the Job
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pacific Beach, CAJune 13, 2016
This is a job for those who want more out of life. The company culture is all about personal growth & I find myself surrounded by go-getters on a daily basis. This is not a role for someone who wants a standard 40 hr week, a job "just to pay the bills" and wait for the weekend. The hours are long & the environment plus the pay-out make it worth every second! This is a job for someone who is willing to invest time into themselves to grow both personally and professionally.
Opportunity of a Lifetime!!
Inside Admissions (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2016
FortuneBuilders has literally changed my life. Everyday I'm surrounded by like-minded people that are dedicated to their craft of changing people's lives for the better! We work A LOT, so it's nice to be around people who love what they do, and live the core values inside and outside of work.

Management is incredibly knowledgeable, and helpful. They're always looking for ways to make us better, and when we do well - they celebrate it!

Keep doing what you're doing FB!
Pros
Growth opportunities
FortuneBuilders has changed my life...
Business Adviser (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2016
FortuneBuilders has taught me how to set and achieve goals. I have learned how to develop myself and grow as a professional as well as in my personal life. I have become part of a family that cares about me and my progress. As a business adviser, I have also learned how to prepare for financial freedom myself, but more importunately I have learned how to help others achieve their personal and financial goals. FortuneBuilders has quite literally changed my life and inspired me to help others in a variety of ways. I approach challenges in a different way and have an entirely new perspective on life. I crush every day and am grateful for all that I have and will continue to learn with the company.
Pros
Culture, support, guidance, personal development and growth, financial support, positive environment
Cons
High expectations... but that's not really a con
Best company I have ever worked for....
Inside Admissions Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2016
The culture and core values here at FB are amazing! We are constantly being pushed to accomplish and grow daily which really fits into my idea of a great career. I have worked here over 8 years and dont ever plan on leaving. However if you're not into personal growth or working hard you will have a tough time handling the demands and standards we expect at FB.
Best culture I have worked in!
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2016
Everyday I get to come into work without the feeling of dread. I work with an amazing team who are not only smart and driven, but I also consider friends. The company is very big into personal and professional growth and so I have learned so much about my self that I am now a happier, more productive person.

The hardest part of working here is the high expectations. We are all held accountable for everything that we do and are encouraged to present ideas and be valuable contributors at every level.

The most enjoyable aspect is the potential for growth, the casual enviornment and being surrounded by driven, motivated individuals everyday.
Pros
High Energy, Growth Opportunities, Benefits, Location
Cons
Logistics (but this is changing)
Best Company Leadership and Culture
Recruiting Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2016
I truly love coming to work each and every day. The fun, casual, fast-paced culture is driven by the leadership within FortuneBuilders, and its contagious!

You get out what you put in here! You are constantly being pushed and challenged to be a better version of yourself. Professional and Personal growth is unreal here, and you are provided with all the right tools to succeed in both areas..

This company has truly changed my life in so many ways, and I can honestly say that I hope FortuneBuilders is the last company I work for.
Pros
Leadership, location, culture, company lunches, opportunity!
Cons
Parking is rough due to the growth, but will be changing once bigger location is finished.
nice
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 8, 2016
nice scenery, it was located right by the beach. So on days it was nice to take a walk or eat lunch on the beach. But there was no room for growth within the company
Pros
beach
Cons
no growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FortuneBuilders, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

FortuneBuilders, Inc. Reviews by Location