Forum Energy Technologies Employee Reviews

not a very good place to work
Welder and Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Elmore City, OKJuly 14, 2018
forum is not a very good place to work. they are very unorganized. the leadership is of poor quality. they do not keep the tools needed to do the job. you spend about one forth to one third of your time looking for the tools needed for the job. they keep the shop too crowded with jobs to be very safe.
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
Forum is a good place to work. Unfortunately, it isn't a place where you get promoted and rewarded. I feel like they try and keep you where you are at and hire from outside. Management could work on leadership skills.
Pros
Quiet and nice office in Houston
Cons
Promotions and growth
Poor review
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77024July 8, 2018
I really enjoyed the work I did at Forum. The direction of the leadership was very poor. There was a lot of backstabbing and jocking for power more than getting the work done. To much drama
Absolutely one of the best companies I've ever worked with
Inside Sales / Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXJuly 3, 2018
Daily working closely with everyone from Engineering, Production, Planning, Supply Chain, The Expediters, the Warehouse team, Shipping/Receiving, Accounting as well as my sales team. Receiving and responding to inquiries, setting up new accounts and growing those accounts by establishing good customer rapport trough excellent customer service. Processing orders and resolving any issues that may come up in a timely manner. Communicating with the sales team to ensure no duplicate quotes or orders were occurring. It was very much like a family environment.
This is a training facility
TIG Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Clearfield, PAJune 27, 2018
Pay increases are next to none, new hires make same as people who have been here for well over a year,and are very good at what they do. No sick time, just paid time off(15) days. Not a company would want to work a long time for. They do not care about you. Dont care how hard you work or how good your work maybe.
Cons
No Incentive to work hard or push yourself
Wouldn't recommend anybody to this job or this company!!
Assembler Technician 2 / structural welder (Former Employee) –  Elmore City, OKJune 10, 2018
One of the worst companies ever work for unorganized management and everything else is poor. No raises no bonuses. They just rush rush rush they don't care about anything else if you get hurt they try to cover it up so they won't lose how many days have gone without getting injury.
Cons
Na
Hard to grow
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2018
Small company that is growing but instead of promoting training and promoting from within they hire from outside. Compensation and benefits are terrible.
Pros
Small company
Cons
Compensation
Productive and relaxed environment. Good people
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TX and Stafford, TXMay 28, 2018
The people I work with are fair and structured. Everyone is professional and the environment is relaxed. The benefits are good and the hours are also good.
Pros
Good Benefits
Great work environment
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williston, ND 58801May 22, 2018
I enjoyed working for Forum Technologies because it was fast paced, I enjoyed learning all I could from my manager and co-workers. Enjoyed the different ethinic group of people and learning about their cultures. The management was wonderful and easy to work with, learned several computer programs, was challenging due to high phone calls, enjoyed all the people I worked with.
Overall a great place to work! lots of opportunity for growth for Engineers
Human Resources Recruiter (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2018
Overall a good Company to work for! I would highly recommend this company for an Engineer looking for a job opportunity. I honestly feel that Engineers are well respected.
Pros
Lunch provided
Cons
too many meetings
Safe and secure
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, OKMay 16, 2018
Overall my shift and team leaders were phenomenal. I did not intend to leave Forum. I was one of the unlucky few to be laid off. The benefits were great!
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Repetitive
Very Interesting place to work and great people
Credit / Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2018
Enjoyed working here because of the management, people and environment. Good pay and benefits. Would still be there if not laid off due to the economy.
Pros
Great location to where I live, plenty of parking
Cons
Not many places to have lunch due to growing area
Slow paced work environment
Quality Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 2, 2018
I had an exceptional Quality Manager who thought me and was very supportive while we were training the warehouse and company employees in all relevant to API and Quality Inspections of the manufactured products.

Slow paced work environment.
Fast paced with extreme pressure to get work through the shop
Production Manager / Manufacturing Support Mgr (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXApril 25, 2018
Needs a better system of managing orders, Priorities are largely established by plant management in response to customer demands. This causes major disruptions and stress on managers trying to set goals and daily requirments.
Benefits
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 19, 2018
Good company to work for with great benefits, pay could be more due to rising cost of living. Office worked together and was welcoming. Manger was cool.
Pros
Relaxed office environment, Benefits
Cons
Sometimes heavy work load
Great work especially if single
Field Service Tech III-Mobile Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Davis, OKApril 2, 2018
All the hours you can take and once your in, your pretty much in all the way. Paid travel and food. 30+ hrs overtime on hitches. 1 week off a month average. Unless you just wanna stay out. Great way to stack a lot of money quickly and if it’s for you, it’s definitely career stuff.
Pros
All the hrs you want
Cons
Lack of time home
Productive place with a cyclic work schedule.
Welder 4 (Current Employee) –  Clearfield, PAMarch 23, 2018
Very stressful at time with the work load. Can be lots of work or hardly and work. Work is for the Gas and Oil Industry. Good benefits and paid time off.
Great Experience
Training & Communications Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2018
Forum has been the job where. I have gain the most experience more than any previous job. The negative is there is always constant restructuring with divisions and departments.
Would not recommend this job to anyone
Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXFebruary 14, 2018
The culture on a daily basis is poor management. Make you feel fear of loosing your job everyday. So your afraid to speak up on the thing that are clearly wrong. No one will speak up because they will find a way to fire you. Either they like you or not and there is no advance ment or raises. you will stay where they hire you in as.
Forum was great
Inside Sales/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2018
Enjoyed my tenure with Forum. Would have never left if I was not laid off. The day I was laid off was a terrible day but I knew the Oil and Gas Industry was struggling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forum Energy Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

4.6Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight