Forum Energy Technologies Employee Reviews

Stressful and lack of direction
Buyer II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2018
Working at Forum was extremely stressful and the management really lacked direction. The valve segment of the company is in the development stage and lacks clear direction and lack of good leadership.
Pros
Good Pay
Stressful
Receiving Clerk/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2018
The company did not support employees in anything they did. Management, Did not maintain contact and respond to need of employee. when lay offs happened they would lay of entire family's instead of trying to keep one working at least.
Pros
People I worked with
Cons
everything
difficult market visible effects on coworkers
shipping/material lead (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXSeptember 7, 2018
There's a weird dynamic here where it seems like there's more people in management then what is on the working floor. We are steady bring in other people in management positions who don't have the experience to deal with what we make here. with this many new people you'll find that people are often trying to implement some method from somewhere else without working out of flow with the people that they are now employed with. This is fairly difficult to deal with because there's more panic mode being set here in guidelines for fluid work method.
Pros
I got to learn a very cool system, and I did get Hazmat training, and I did get more responsibility in activity even if not in job title.
Cons
frequent layoffs low morale feeling like less of an area for advancement here
great place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2018
Forum is a great place to work at they give you long hrs and lots of work. if you want to move up then you will have to work hard to get where you want to be at. good place to work at
A good company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 22, 2018
Forum Energy was a good company to work for. I was laid off along with 17 other employees.

I think they should have called me back when things got better. I thought companies did that.

The operations manager listened to one of the Customer Service employees to much. I was not allowed to do the job I was hired for as she was always there. She talked about me. Didn't like me. Don't know why I was only there 6-months. Maybe she felt threatened?
Pros
Good Company
Cons
one of the employees I worked with made it difficult
Good company to work.
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2018
Fun to work with management, meeting every week, with safety moment presentation. Meeting with Corporate once every 3 months about earning, good company.
Pros
Some time free lunch with custoner services or buyer.
Cons
Short break to stress out and little exercise for release mind.
not a very good place to work
Welder and Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Elmore City, OKJuly 14, 2018
forum is not a very good place to work. they are very unorganized. the leadership is of poor quality. they do not keep the tools needed to do the job. you spend about one forth to one third of your time looking for the tools needed for the job. they keep the shop too crowded with jobs to be very safe.
Overall great experiences
Down-Hole Casing Tool Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 12, 2018
Publicly traded companies are a whole different breed requiring a employee to sometimes make uncomfortable adjustments. Many issues that seem like common sense have to be handled with a "Big Picture" mentality. I learned a lot there and would love to go back. I would defiantly take the lessons learned back with me.
Pros
Mobility
Cons
Mangment was good to their workers but weak to stand their ground from higher authorities
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
Forum is a good place to work. Unfortunately, it isn't a place where you get promoted and rewarded. I feel like they try and keep you where you are at and hire from outside. Management could work on leadership skills.
Pros
Quiet and nice office in Houston
Cons
Promotions and growth
Poor review
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77024July 8, 2018
I really enjoyed the work I did at Forum. The direction of the leadership was very poor. There was a lot of backstabbing and jocking for power more than getting the work done. To much drama
Absolutely one of the best companies I've ever worked with
Inside Sales / Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXJuly 3, 2018
Daily working closely with everyone from Engineering, Production, Planning, Supply Chain, The Expediters, the Warehouse team, Shipping/Receiving, Accounting as well as my sales team. Receiving and responding to inquiries, setting up new accounts and growing those accounts by establishing good customer rapport trough excellent customer service. Processing orders and resolving any issues that may come up in a timely manner. Communicating with the sales team to ensure no duplicate quotes or orders were occurring. It was very much like a family environment.
This is a training facility
TIG Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Clearfield, PAJune 27, 2018
Pay increases are next to none, new hires make same as people who have been here for well over a year,and are very good at what they do. No sick time, just paid time off(15) days. Not a company would want to work a long time for. They do not care about you. Dont care how hard you work or how good your work maybe.
Cons
No Incentive to work hard or push yourself
Wouldn't recommend anybody to this job or this company!!
Assembler Technician 2 / structural welder (Former Employee) –  Elmore City, OKJune 10, 2018
One of the worst companies ever work for unorganized management and everything else is poor. No raises no bonuses. They just rush rush rush they don't care about anything else if you get hurt they try to cover it up so they won't lose how many days have gone without getting injury.
Cons
Na
Hard to grow
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2018
Small company that is growing but instead of promoting training and promoting from within they hire from outside. Compensation and benefits are terrible.
Pros
Small company
Cons
Compensation
Productive and relaxed environment. Good people
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TX and Stafford, TXMay 28, 2018
The people I work with are fair and structured. Everyone is professional and the environment is relaxed. The benefits are good and the hours are also good.
Pros
Good Benefits
Great work environment
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williston, ND 58801May 22, 2018
I enjoyed working for Forum Technologies because it was fast paced, I enjoyed learning all I could from my manager and co-workers. Enjoyed the different ethinic group of people and learning about their cultures. The management was wonderful and easy to work with, learned several computer programs, was challenging due to high phone calls, enjoyed all the people I worked with.
Overall a great place to work! lots of opportunity for growth for Engineers
Human Resources Recruiter (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2018
Overall a good Company to work for! I would highly recommend this company for an Engineer looking for a job opportunity. I honestly feel that Engineers are well respected.
Pros
Lunch provided
Cons
too many meetings
Safe and secure
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, OKMay 16, 2018
Overall my shift and team leaders were phenomenal. I did not intend to leave Forum. I was one of the unlucky few to be laid off. The benefits were great!
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Repetitive
Very Interesting place to work and great people
Credit / Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2018
Enjoyed working here because of the management, people and environment. Good pay and benefits. Would still be there if not laid off due to the economy.
Pros
Great location to where I live, plenty of parking
Cons
Not many places to have lunch due to growing area
Slow paced work environment
Quality Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 2, 2018
I had an exceptional Quality Manager who thought me and was very supportive while we were training the warehouse and company employees in all relevant to API and Quality Inspections of the manufactured products.

Slow paced work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forum Energy Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

4.6Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight