Forward Air Transportation Services Employee Reviews

3.0Job Security & Advancement
Good place to work at.
Freight operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 25, 2019
It was a good place to work fast pace for a couple of months then it will start to get slow and the would send u home early which wasn't good when u got paid.
Pros
30minute lunch
Cons
They start to cut hours after the season is up
fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHDecember 2, 2018
daily reporting and emailed to all VP's and Managers. Helped AP with any billing issues on loads. Ordered office supplies. Approved/Denied detention requests on brokered trucks. Gathered hazmat paperwork from drivers.
Pros
lunches provided occasionally
Power seat, driving for a small fleet owner.
OTR Team Driver (Current Employee) –  SMFSeptember 21, 2017
I'm out 4.5 days, 5,832 miles per week, team driver. I'm on a dedicated run, dispatchers know me by name, terminal guards do as well... I'm treated with respect and I love my job. I have zero liability for repair costs, I don't pay out of pocket for anything besides lunches. I even get $0.15/gallon in Pilot/Flying J rewards points for being an FAF driver... Oh, and they don't force us to chain up and power through winter storms.
Pros
No touch freight, drop n hook.
Cons
Not all terminals have decent lounges...
You work very long hours
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  MGMSeptember 21, 2017
The terminal i worked for has very poor management personnel and the office staff are very rude to driver's. They hold the driver's accountable for missing cartons that aren't onnyour truck. At this terminal when a driver would call in a short they get very rude with you and start talking about you after they hang up the phone. One of them the office manager forgot to hang up the phone and the driver heard everything she said about him. They're are very unprofessional and i would not recommend anyone to work at this terminal.
Poor upper management
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 15, 2017
I was their operations manager for the last 2 years of employment there. During that time they also had me driving routes. That caused me to work around 80 hours per week, so they could save a driver's pay. I told them I would retire in 30 days if they didn't get me out of the truck. They waited until the last week to hire 6 drivers and 3 supervisors. I am a firm believer in proper training to avoid mistakes. Their philosophy is to hurry and get it done and correct the mistakes later. Due to lack of properly trained dockworkers, Drivers constantly complained about their loads being loaded terrible. Drivers often quit due to their poorly loaded trucks and the long frustrating days they put in.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Long frustrating hours and poor management
Air freight
Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 18, 2017
For the time that I was their it was very enjoyable company. FAF loves team drivers. Solo drivers are also good can be a little bit hard to get to where you need to go because of the times they need the freight their.
Pros
Lots of miles
My job
Semi Driver (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIFebruary 6, 2017
I drive locally from Romulus Michigan to Paw Paw Michigan and back every day I love my job and I'm looking for a part time job in addition to this one
If you like being strung along !
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Carson Ca.August 8, 2016
this place will just string you a long ,as an owner operator in Ca. you make just a little under 500 a day , every once in awhile someone might toss u a bone . to make any money you have to live in the truck , it has taken me up to seven days two get 2000 miles some times . I havent seen a 3000 mile week in months and they will have you do air port run pick up and deliver it is not all drop and hook in CA.
Pros
at this point nothing
Cons
you will sit for 24 to 34 hours often very often !
Co-Workers are amazing. Makes the job. poor leadership. Work is easy
Fork Operator (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHJuly 30, 2016
Fast paced/fun. learned how to be aware at all times on a fork lift. the management is poorly ran by a few supervisors who make the bigger calls. to many buddy buddys not enough workers, hardest part of the job is never knowing what time I'm going to be leaving everyday. most enjoyable part of the job is the hard working people I work with. Cool people who make the best of it. keeps things not so dead.
Pros
pool table
Cons
supervisors/never knowing when ur going to leave.
Better than you may think!
Team Driver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNMay 28, 2016
i give a big thumbs up to forward Air!!
I drive for a friend who is contracted to them and one thing I can say is they are not the best company out there(which is what they say), but they are solid and pay is good!
Did owner opp before with another company and didn't do so hot but in 6 months to a year I'm going to give it a shot again, but with forward air!
I believe as long as there's freight to be hauled then I'll do okay!
Pros
Get u home pretty easy! They offer health insurance, good dispatchers, terminal in every major city of the U.S.
Cons
not sure!
Great Work place
Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 23, 2016
Fun place, everybody was treated like family and felt comfortable to work with. Kept a level of professionalized performance with each and every customer. Learned to delegate authority to workers and defuse any situation that accrued.
Pros
Freedom to be myself
Cons
Not able to hire any reliable help

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forward Air Transportation Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Forward Air Transportation Services Reviews by Location