Forward Air Employee Reviews

Productive environment
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 16, 2019
Very fast paced working environment. Strong leadership within the management team. Ample training was provided and the benefits package was great. Good company.
stressfull
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 15, 2019
you always feel behind, if you run your route efficiently you get to help out the other drivers as a reward. you never know when your day will come to an end
be prepared to be set up to fail
Hi-Lo Operator (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJanuary 15, 2019
Be prepared to be set up to fail. One boss will tell you one thing, the next will tell you something else and then when confronted the second boss will say, "I didn't say that".
No training. If you are a female then don't waste your time.It is the good young boys club.
Pros
you can eat on your forklift when it is slow. You can get high at work.
Cons
no bathroom breaks if it is busy
Only if you really like warehouses
Acting Lead/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Ellenwood, GADecember 30, 2018
Works well as my second job, but provides little other than a paycheck. Work/life balance is bad, but if warehouse work is your thing you'll like working here.
January 2, 2019

We are sorry to hear your time working with us was less than satisfactory. If you'd like to discuss specifics, feel free to contact us directly at rgilbert@forwardair.com or 614-497-5000.

All Lies
OTR Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 27, 2018
Forward Air doesn't pay for Layovers,or deadhead miles as a Company driver in the LTL division despite that they say they do. Plus as a driver you will sit for more than 30 hours ALL THE TIME, and they won't even pay you for it. They will have you drive 10 hours with an empty trailer just to not get paid for it.
Pros
Free time since you will be waiting for a load
Cons
If you don't answer your phone, they'll put a load on you while you're sleeping
Isn't bad if you're willing to work.
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHDecember 25, 2018
It was a nice place to work. The co-workers were easy to get along with and it was a cool environment.

My only problem was my health being endangered. They allow smoking on the dock at Grove port.
Stressfull
Dispatcher / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILDecember 7, 2018
Stressfull company, unable to get direction.great company to get experience. During my time at this company o have learn a lot but unable to move up in the company.
December 10, 2018

We thank you for your feedback and regret that you've had a stressful experience. Please reach out to us directly at rgilbert@forwardair.com or 614-497-5000 if you would like to discuss your situation further.

Its ok
CDL A Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 5, 2018
It's a job there ok have been respectful.ok eqiutment good driver lounge and wash. Time to deliver is to tight it should be that u have a window to deliver this would cut down accidents driver would not fall asleep at the wheel trying to make a deliveries because they put a exact time on it allow the driver to take breaks instead of driving in the wood because he's tired
Pros
Plenty of miles
Cons
To big of a company ur just another number
December 7, 2018

Thank you so much for leaving us your review. We value your feedback as it helps us become an even better company!

Ready to work as soon as possible
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Euless, TXDecember 4, 2018
Ready to work as soon as possible great job and great business to be around and great management and too patient and very friendly service staffing have arlready worked there before and love to be apart of the team again
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short break
December 6, 2018

We are glad to have you back with us and thank you for your kind words. As you are only leaving us 2 stars, please let us know if there's anything we can do to improve your experience. Feel free to contact us directly at rgilbert@forwardair.com or 614-497-5000.

Good Job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GADecember 3, 2018
Forward Air is a good place to work at. They train their employees to help them better understand the job, they are flexible and very fair. They are diverse, a family and make your job there comfortable
December 4, 2018

Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate you taking a moment to leave us your feedback.

fast paced
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Obetz, OHNovember 26, 2018
very busy place to work you definteley need to be on your toes and wide awake for your shift. There is always stuff moving up and down the floor and the load/unload any and everything you can think of.
Pros
good pay
Cons
sort breaks
November 28, 2018

Thanks for leaving your feedback! We appreciate hearing about your experiences while you worked at Forward Air and wish you all the best in the future!

Fun place to work
Fraight handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 25, 2018
I had fun I got raises when others didn't because of my work ethics I had fun working with my supervisor they treated me like family helped me as I work at forward air
Pros
They gave us an 45 min lunch
November 27, 2018

Thanks so much for this wonderful review! We are happy to hear that you had a great time working with us.

Nice place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PA 17110October 29, 2018
It is a nice place to work at. I have worked there for over a year and they help with as much as they can. Their part time shifts are not too demanding and it keeps you in shape.
October 31, 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review! We are so glad to have you with us as part of the Forward Air family.

Productive work place
Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 27, 2018
Move constantly around the warehouse,help eachother out to get the job done quicker. Being talkative to meet new people making the environment a better place
October 30, 2018

Thank you for the great review! Thanks so much for being a team player!

Pretty busy place so you'll never have to fight for hours, but its very unorganized and the moral is low.
Dock Worker/ City (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 25, 2018
Forward is a very poorly ran company due to favoritism and lack of professionalism, I would never recommend working here unless you're desperate for a job to get back on your feetm
Poor Work Enviroment
Inbound - Outbound Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 15, 2018
Every shift at FAS was a negative one. It started with the terminal manager and his assistant. Always negative and miserable. Were not good to the employee's.

That said I was as positive as could be and enjoyed working with the various teams.
Pros
Always kept busy
Cons
Too many to list
Good pay- Awful job
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNOctober 12, 2018
They have no intentions of making anyone full time. Just using 30+ part time employees so nobody gets benefits. Make it hard to manage family/work for part time schedules. If you were a mom you would get scheduled hours when it would be obvious you had responsibilities yet college kids are able to work schedule to fit lifestyles. It is a popularity contest there. Leads are extremely unhelpful. Nobody speaks. Turnover is high. You are a number/statistic once training is complete. Worst job of my life.
Pros
Hour lunch breaks, nice building, relaxed dress code.
Cons
No help. No way to make a living or life for single parent willing to work 40 hours a week.
Lenient and earthed environment but still fast paced and productive.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FLOctober 12, 2018
Forward Air Solutions is a very easy job to work with. No dress code and assistance when needed, friendly staff and workers, very efficient and productive environment.
Pros
Good pay, hard work, friendly and lax environment.
Cons
Never hired me on fully, no benefits no overtime and I got stiffed by the IRS for $2000 because of company actions
October 17, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback! While we do not discuss individual situations via public means, we would be happy to speak with you directly at any time. Feel free to contact us at rgilbert@forwardair.com or 614-497-5000.

Demanding schedule but they care about their employees
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 11, 2018
This company has matured greatly over the years. This is a freight business and the schedules are tough sometimes.You might work 40 hours and you can easily work 60 hours. The money is there if you are willing to work for it.
Pros
Good benefits and competitive pay for the job
Cons
Long hours and no set schedule. Your done when the work is.
October 12, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback.

Trabajo sin presión
Wharehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 11, 2018
Ambiente favorable para el trabajo que se desempeña Buen team de manager flexibles y muy buen trato con el personal
October 12, 2018

¡Gracias por las amables palabras! Agradecemos que se haya tomado el tiempo para compartir sus comentarios.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forward Air. Our community is ready to answer.