Forward Air Employee Reviews

Relaxed
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  411 N. Frank Luke DrMarch 12, 2019
I think they’re extremely understanding. They will literally keep things confidential. Managers will take their time to listen and hear you out. I haven’t had any issues with anyone.
Pros
No issues.
Cons
No cons.
March 13, 2019

Thanks so much for your kind words! We really appreciate you taking a moment to leave us your review. Thanks for being a part of the Forward Air team!

Managment doesn't appreciate the good employees
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Folcroft, PAMarch 4, 2019
Management lied a lot about the state of the company. Lied about compensation. Lied about giving people promotions - I was promised promotions multiple times, given the added work load and then never given a promotion, or even more hours to be successful with my added workload.

Multiple times management took credit for work I did.

Management cared more about their bonuses than their employee's livelihood. Forward Air does not appreciate their hard workers. I say 5 great people leave in my two years there for the same reasons - overworked, lied to, underappreciated and underpaid.

Corporate doesn't actually have any idea what happens on a local terminal level and doesn't provide the support needed to the local terminals.

There is no real training. You either figure it out as you go or you fail.

It's a great way to get your foot in the door because they can't keep people they'll hire anyone, but don't stay there more than a couple of years.
Pros
Great Benefit structure - but HR isn't on site and takes forever to get back to you.
Cons
Poor Management
Ehhh
Regional Carrier Specialist (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHFebruary 25, 2019
It is an okay company. Everyone only cares about their title. Management is a joke. The people who deserve to be promoted arent. The only good thing is pay and the benefits and the job can be fun.
February 27, 2019

Thanks for leaving us your feedback! If you would like to discuss your experiences further, feel free to contact us directly at rgilbert@forwardair.com or 614-497-5000.

I like working at forward air
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYFebruary 25, 2019
Foward air was a nice place to work it was a fast Peace in-varmint everybody was cool an got along and as long as yu did your job you really didn’t have nothing to worry about
February 27, 2019

Thanks so much for the 5-star review! We appreciate your feedback on your experiences working with us.

Very laid back then it can be fast paced
Lead Forklift Operator/Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  Fife, WAFebruary 20, 2019
Clock in go to desk track trailers with computer print out all manifest for trailers that will be arriving check ETA (estimated time of arrival) then I grab RF scanner hit the floor to assess the operation to make any transitional adjustments. How to start up a warehouse operation and how to to keep a warehouse operation flowing fluently. Fast pace get things done efficiently and in a timely manner.Irritated customers are a daily thing but part of the job by using customer service to help are resolve any issues.We have a great inbound team and a great outbound team at Forward Air everybody gets along for the most part.
Pros
attendance
Cons
irritated customers
February 25, 2019

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. We couldn't agree more that the inbound and outbound teams are both spectacular!

Horrible company
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lockbourne, OHFebruary 19, 2019
After telling me I had a job then stringing me along for weeks saying that they had to push back the training dates, they then tell me that they were rescinding the job offer. I had turned down several job offers because I was told I was hired. Received the onboarding paperwork and all. Management was very unprofessional. Horrible company. Cant wait for karma to bite them in the *ss. What they did was completely wrong.
hate it
Forklift Operator/ Cargo Handler (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 18, 2019
It is an ok place to work. Job culture is ok. it is very dirty and is an uncontrolled temp environment. The president of the company is not the best guy to work for. He will tell you what you want to hear to get what he wants from you. That's any place though.
February 26, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We regret that you had a negative experience with Forward Air. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Feel free to contact us directly at rgilbert@forwardair.com or 614-497-5000.

Great growing environment
HR Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TX 76051February 11, 2019
 Partnering with hiring managers to determine staffing needs, screening resumes, and performing in-person and phone interviews with candidates.
 Administering appropriate company assessments, performing reference and background checks, and making recommendations to company hiring managers.
 Coordinating interviews with the hiring managers and following up on the interview process status.
 Maintaining relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved.
 Communicating employer information and benefits during screening process• Staying current on the company’s organization structure, personnel policy, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
 Serving as a liaison with area employment agencies, colleges, and industry associations.
 Completing timely reports on employment activity and conducting exit interviews on terminating employees
February 13, 2019

Thanks so much for this great 5-star review! We appreciate you and glad to have you with us.

Fun
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 31, 2019
At Forward Air I would have to unload and load freight onto trailers, I also did customer service. I would track down customers freight. I would also handle the paper work for all the inbond freight that would come in from overseas. As an Operations Manager I was responsible for the work performance of my empoyees.
Pros
Shipping was free
February 4, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback! Please let us know if there is any way we could have improved your experience with Forward Air.

Enjoyable working for Forward Air Inc.
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Medley, FL 33178January 29, 2019
Responsible for entire GE delivery operation for entire South Florida Responsible for hiring, developing, training & certifying warehouse personal. Responsible for hiring. Developing & certifying delivery teams. Responsible for maintaining warehouse inventory including parts inventory.
Responsible of all aspects of revenue including budget management.
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
Not enough workers for the amount of things to do.
January 30, 2019

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review. Your input is valuable to us!

Want to know more about Forward Air?

Ask a question
wokr place, but just a number
AM Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 25, 2019
just a number in a large company, pay is ok. management does not always respond to questions when posed. May say one thing, but does not follow through by management.
January 28, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We regret to read that you had a negative experience with Forward Air. Please reach out if you'd like to discuss your experiences in greater detail. Feel free to contact us directly at rgilbert@forwardair.com or 614-497-5000.

(Truck Driver) Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 23, 2019
FAF was a very well rounded work place. Lots of communication and shared information. Driver leads always checked on there drivers. Made sure hometome was kept on schedule. Nice place to be employed at
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Had to leave
January 25, 2019

Thanks so much for your kind words! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us your review and share your experiences.

Productive environment
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 16, 2019
Very fast paced working environment. Strong leadership within the management team. Ample training was provided and the benefits package was great. Good company.
January 18, 2019

We really appreciate this feedback! Thanks so much for taking a moment to leave us your review!

Quick paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2019
You have to be quick and accurate, lots of phone call and emails, work load increases especially during Christmas season. It can get frustrating at times.
January 17, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate your feedback.

stressfull
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 15, 2019
you always feel behind, if you run your route efficiently you get to help out the other drivers as a reward. you never know when your day will come to an end
January 18, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The satisfaction of our drivers is always our top priority, so we regret that you had a stressful experience with Forward Air. Feel free to contact us directly at rgilbert@forwardair.com or 614-497-5000 if you would like to discuss your experiences further.

be prepared to be set up to fail
Hi-Lo Operator (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJanuary 15, 2019
Be prepared to be set up to fail. One boss will tell you one thing, the next will tell you something else and then when confronted the second boss will say, "I didn't say that".
No training. If you are a female then don't waste your time.It is the good young boys club.
Pros
you can eat on your forklift when it is slow. You can get high at work.
Cons
no bathroom breaks if it is busy
Only if you really like warehouses
Acting Lead/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Ellenwood, GADecember 30, 2018
Works well as my second job, but provides little other than a paycheck. Work/life balance is bad, but if warehouse work is your thing you'll like working here.
January 2, 2019

We are sorry to hear your time working with us was less than satisfactory. If you'd like to discuss specifics, feel free to contact us directly at rgilbert@forwardair.com or 614-497-5000.

All Lies
OTR Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 27, 2018
Forward Air doesn't pay for Layovers,or deadhead miles as a Company driver in the LTL division despite that they say they do. Plus as a driver you will sit for more than 30 hours ALL THE TIME, and they won't even pay you for it. They will have you drive 10 hours with an empty trailer just to not get paid for it.
Pros
Free time since you will be waiting for a load
Cons
If you don't answer your phone, they'll put a load on you while you're sleeping
Isn't bad if you're willing to work.
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHDecember 25, 2018
It was a nice place to work. The co-workers were easy to get along with and it was a cool environment.

My only problem was my health being endangered. They allow smoking on the dock at Grove port.
Stressfull
Dispatcher / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILDecember 7, 2018
Stressfull company, unable to get direction.great company to get experience. During my time at this company o have learn a lot but unable to move up in the company.
December 10, 2018

We thank you for your feedback and regret that you've had a stressful experience. Please reach out to us directly at rgilbert@forwardair.com or 614-497-5000 if you would like to discuss your situation further.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forward Air. Our community is ready to answer.