Forward Air Employee Reviews

Nice place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PA 17110October 29, 2018
It is a nice place to work at. I have worked there for over a year and they help with as much as they can. Their part time shifts are not too demanding and it keeps you in shape.
October 31, 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review! We are so glad to have you with us as part of the Forward Air family.

Productive work place
Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 27, 2018
Move constantly around the warehouse,help eachother out to get the job done quicker. Being talkative to meet new people making the environment a better place
October 30, 2018

Thank you for the great review! Thanks so much for being a team player!

Pretty busy place so you'll never have to fight for hours, but its very unorganized and the moral is low.
Dock Worker/ City (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 25, 2018
Forward is a very poorly ran company due to favoritism and lack of professionalism, I would never recommend working here unless you're desperate for a job to get back on your feetm
Poor Work Enviroment
Inbound - Outbound Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 15, 2018
Every shift at FAS was a negative one. It started with the terminal manager and his assistant. Always negative and miserable. Were not good to the employee's.

That said I was as positive as could be and enjoyed working with the various teams.
Pros
Always kept busy
Cons
Too many to list
Good pay- Awful job
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNOctober 12, 2018
They have no intentions of making anyone full time. Just using 30+ part time employees so nobody gets benefits. Make it hard to manage family/work for part time schedules. If you were a mom you would get scheduled hours when it would be obvious you had responsibilities yet college kids are able to work schedule to fit lifestyles. It is a popularity contest there. Leads are extremely unhelpful. Nobody speaks. Turnover is high. You are a number/statistic once training is complete. Worst job of my life.
Pros
Hour lunch breaks, nice building, relaxed dress code.
Cons
No help. No way to make a living or life for single parent willing to work 40 hours a week.
Demanding schedule but they care about their employees
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 11, 2018
This company has matured greatly over the years. This is a freight business and the schedules are tough sometimes.You might work 40 hours and you can easily work 60 hours. The money is there if you are willing to work for it.
Pros
Good benefits and competitive pay for the job
Cons
Long hours and no set schedule. Your done when the work is.
October 12, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback.

Trabajo sin presión
Wharehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 11, 2018
Ambiente favorable para el trabajo que se desempeña Buen team de manager flexibles y muy buen trato con el personal
October 12, 2018

¡Gracias por las amables palabras! Agradecemos que se haya tomado el tiempo para compartir sus comentarios.

A nice place to work where you can learn
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Union City, CAOctober 10, 2018
I learned how to multitask, and I also became comfortable on a keyboard due to all the typing we do. The staff is very friendly, a lot of nice people to work with.
October 12, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate your input! We're glad to hear the staff is pleasant to work alongside.

Nice overall place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXOctober 10, 2018
Its a good job to have if you need a second job, but full time I wouldn't require, the hours are up and down week to week, so its no steady evenly pay.
Pros
6 month raises
Cons
Too much hard work and not enough money.

fair
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2018
okay place to work typical warehouse worker place was always hot and not enough hours or pay for the work they wanted us to do this is like a first time job
October 11, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The satisfaction of our drivers is always our top priority, so we regret that you were not satisfied with your situation while at Forward Air. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Feel free to contact us directly at rgilbert@forwardair.com or 614-497-5000.

Too much paperwork
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 7, 2018
a typical day at work is very busy
i learned many techniques and different codes that cold be use in a system
the management are strict but some act like little kids, but once they notice they do address you for it
hardest parr about the job is that sometimes it is boring but you d have lots of paperwork to do depending what position you are in
October 9, 2018

Driver beware of this place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte north Carolina. Airport freightOctober 6, 2018
Poor management. Terminal manager friends with dispatcher. Dispatcher does not have a clue how to do her job. Save yourself time and never apply for a driving job with this company because you will regret it.
Cons
Poor management
October 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The satisfaction of our drivers is always our top priority, so we regret that you had a negative experience with Forward Air. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Feel free to contact us directly at rgilbert@forwardair.com or 614-497-5000.

Deceptive and perpetuating industry disturbing norms
Owner Operator Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 6, 2018
Like most companies leasing on owner operators , they tell you anything except you will get home 1 day per month. They have work, but fail to disclose that going home would cost you serious revenue for the week. They also stress the use of emails for communication and for the submission of day off requests, but forget your requests. Again, like most companies, they hire on trucks while having trucks sitting for days at their terminal in Columbus, OH. Now for some people, sitting in a box in a parking lot for days might be ok, but if you have life, this is not living. If you are from Columbus, you are ok, you can go home. If not, enjoy parking lot living somewhere other than home. There is little no communication between drivers that I have noticed. Management here looks like and is like most truck companies, fill seats including bringing in family and friends to hold positions with little actual knowledge. It is what you make of it, but they don't operate like a place where I would spend too much time.
Pros
Checks, good bad or ugly, on time. Left alone
Cons
Low revenue considering the commitments made, low miles, and questionable planning. Industry norms continued
October 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The satisfaction of our drivers is always our top priority, so we regret that you have had a negative experience with Forward Air. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Feel free to contact us directly at rgilbert@forwardair.com or 614-497-5000.

hello
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 6, 2018
Great I got mauled by somethings
Get over it and I love the ppl. Everyone worms together and get the the job Done. Now you have to step up and take the r
Lead of you want it done
October 8, 2018

Thank you for the five-star review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback.

good job
DELIVERY DRIVER (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2018
Good Job, management makes the job worse due to unfair, and special treatment to friends that work there. Work isn't fairly spread out. Certain drivers are over worked, when others get easy days.
October 5, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. Please let us know if there is anything we could do to improve your experience with Forward Air. Feel free to contact us directly at rgilbert@forwardair.com or 614-497-5000.

Unprofessional and cut throat
Forklift / Dock Lead (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Company was very unorganized. A lot of manager favorite employee and no fair treatment. No room for advancement. Hard atmosphere to work due to the scattered brain management not prepared for the day. No one ever gave directions for the day.
Pros
Convient location
Cons
Poor management
October 5, 2018

The job is very stressful
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GASeptember 13, 2018
No hours to be made, and lack of work daily. Its dead end, the work they'll have you do doesn't match what they pay. Its unorganized and is a little racily divided.
October 5, 2018

Poor management/ work you to the bone
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 13, 2018
The company promises you everything and delivers on none.
You start at all different times in the morning. One day it 7am and then the next day you will start at 3 am. They tell you you won’t work more then 10 hours a day and you work 12-14 hours pushing you DOT time limit. Equipment is broken and it’s first come first serve basis, so if you’re scheduled at 6am you get broken equipment. The warehouse can’t pack a truck at all. Everything should be pelletized and wrap well. In New York they take 25% of your paycheck in taxes.
And it took them 3 weeks before I even started.
I highly recommend you don’t apply for this company
Pros
Very busy, fast paced environment
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GASeptember 11, 2018
Dock workers are like family and definitely impact the warehouse production. Along with very key employees overall experience was great but the pay wasn't enough. This job would be fit for anyone wanting to start out in the warehouse industry.
Pros
You rarely have to get off of your Forklift (Sit-Down)
Cons
Management is Unfair
October 5, 2018

poor company to work for
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GASeptember 7, 2018
company is no good to work for. the managers don't know their jobs and they all have no lack of drive. the people that work there are complicated in their work ethics
Pros
you do what you want
Cons
work is done half the time
October 5, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forward Air. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about