Forward Air Pay & Benefits reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good pay- Awful job
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNOctober 12, 2018
They have no intentions of making anyone full time. Just using 30+ part time employees so nobody gets benefits. Make it hard to manage family/work for part time schedules. If you were a mom you would get scheduled hours when it would be obvious you had responsibilities yet college kids are able to work schedule to fit lifestyles. It is a popularity contest there. Leads are extremely unhelpful. Nobody speaks. Turnover is high. You are a number/statistic once training is complete. Worst job of my life.
Pros
Hour lunch breaks, nice building, relaxed dress code.
Cons
No help. No way to make a living or life for single parent willing to work 40 hours a week.
Demanding schedule but they care about their employees
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 11, 2018
This company has matured greatly over the years. This is a freight business and the schedules are tough sometimes.You might work 40 hours and you can easily work 60 hours. The money is there if you are willing to work for it.
Pros
Good benefits and competitive pay for the job
Cons
Long hours and no set schedule. Your done when the work is.
October 12, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback.

Nice overall place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXOctober 10, 2018
Its a good job to have if you need a second job, but full time I wouldn't require, the hours are up and down week to week, so its no steady evenly pay.
Pros
6 month raises
Cons
Too much hard work and not enough money.
October 12, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate your input!

The job is very stressful
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GASeptember 13, 2018
No hours to be made, and lack of work daily. Its dead end, the work they'll have you do doesn't match what they pay. Its unorganized and is a little racily divided.
October 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The satisfaction of our drivers is always our top priority, so we regret that you had a negative experience with Forward Air. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Feel free to contact us directly at rgilbert@forwardair.com or 614-497-5000.

Poorly staffed and poor work environment at San Antonio location
Sorter/Unloader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 30, 2018
The management is forceful on coming into work no compassion for life situations that might prevent you from coming in. Short staffed and forces vets. To pick up the slack. They lie bout what’s expected and breaks and a lot of other stuff
Pros
Money was good
Cons
Short breaks for extremely long hours, poor management

No. Good
Forklift operator/Dock worker (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 28, 2018
Bad place didn’t like iit. Good that you can learn forklift but the work is grueling the people there are prett good people, I liked the guys I worked with.The pay was to low and it seemed unlikely that you could make a career there.
Pros
Learn forklift
Cons
Depressing place

Great Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHAugust 14, 2018
Great company to work for. Benefits and work environment are good, provided your become part of a team with good management. Some managers are out of touch with every day operations and don't always know what is going on. Constructive feed back tends to fall more on the bullying and belittling side, then constructive or helpful.
October 9, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your review. Your feedback is valuable to us!

Fast paced, often stressful with high turnover rate due to non competitve salary.
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Folcroft, PAJuly 28, 2018
If you're looking for mostly part time work at a high volume pace then this is the job for you. Getting fulltime is very difficult because people usually don't last.
Pros
Sometimes
Cons
Very short breaks if any at all
Great company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJuly 20, 2018
I was owner operator business was slow and job ended. I have no complaints with this company. I love working for them and they made me happy and gave me plenty of loads.
Pros
My own company
Cons
Benefits and job ended too soon
Poor work standards
Dock worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 3, 2018
At the time, this work place was not a good place to work at. There was no management supervision, long hours, and no time off. We hardly got any raises and the work load was overbearing for the pay.
productive very fast paced
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 2, 2018
never given enough hours to qualify for their benefits , no chance for advancement, very dirty working enviroment, unqualified leads, they pick n choose favorites, not fair, 30min. lunch & thats it!! write ups for bathroom breaks , 2 10min. breaks given 2 times within a 6 month period HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT!!!! VERY careless with customer product/packages absolutly no care for the handling of fragile packages
Pros
short days okay pay
Cons
poor managment, no advancment, no benefits, no job security
Great place at work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Folcroft, PAJune 26, 2018
I enjoyed working there. There was always oppurtunity for over time. I advanced quickly with the company. I was given a raise approximately every year.
Some what decent place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 10, 2018
Sometimes unsafe, very dirty place employees should wear respirators with the fumes from all the forklifts. When we work 16 hours employees didn’t get the breaks desired.
Pros
Pays good
Cons
Overworked no breaks
Its what you make it as an owner op
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 3, 2018
Forward air is not for rookies. As long as your on time, safe, and willing to work they will let you as long as hours permit. As an O/O YOU are completely responsible for the amount of $$$ you make. Many drivers stay for 10 + years. Dedicated opportunities are available based on seniority and safety. This has been by far my best experience driving for a company.
Pros
You control your schedule
Cons
A lot of changes in your driving schedules
No Room for advancement & job stability poor
Contract Airfreight Driver, Pick (Former Employee) –  Jfk areaMay 17, 2018
Nobody stay working for the company, salary does not compete with the market in the area, low wages, and poor management...
If you on schedule and the job slow down, you have to clock out, so you might not even make your 40 hours....
Forward Air
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 14, 2018
There needs to be better management and better pay. They had told me there were going to pay me 11 an hour but only got 9 an hour when I first started.
worked there in 2014
Dock Hand (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 7, 2018
Management didn't care about anything, didn't care about the freight, workers, hours, cleanliness. Need to care about how freight would get stuck on belts and put workers in danger telling them to fix the congestion while belts are still going. Very stressful job, and she I did get a raise it was a 3-5 CENT raise. Considering the fact that I worked more than 40 hours a week on me feet lifting up to 50lbs with none to maybe one 30min lunch break. Working till all trailers were empty and all the freight was correctly placed.
Cons
none to one break, poor management, bad quality conveyor system, stressful
I would not recommend this job for long term
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMay 7, 2018
The work, coworkers were great and the job was enjoyable. Worked there for 8 years but a new manager took over and anything changed. Many people were let go that had many years with the company. It became impossible to satisfy the new manager.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
When your pay goes up after years of service you are replaced
Great Pay but no hours
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 7, 2018
The forward air in Montgomery, AL has no hours at all. I literally worked 2 hours every three days. I went to my manager to ask for more but I was laid off 2 days after. They have started hiring again with the same amount of hours. Do not work here in Montgomery AL, complete waste of time.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No hours available at all
Great job, poor management
Cargo Handler (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 6, 2018
Work work work, supervisors are rotated and changed monthly. Poor advancement, no recognition. Breaks are challenged, pointless meetings, topics repeated. Great part time job, not worth full time.
Pros
Always some kind of work, benefits, vacation
Cons
Management, incompetent supervisors, advancement, recognition